Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,205
    vCash
    1500

    Flynn will be back!

    NFC Here we come!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ******'s bed
    Posts
    83,830
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    I bet it's closer to 1.5 mil. Not to be nitpicky. But that seems fair 1.5-1.75 probably 2-3 years like you say.

    Got a feeling McCarthy told Thompson hey, just get Matt and we don't gotta worry about this anymore.

    #YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,320
    vCash
    500
    It makes me wonder if it isn't a 1-2 year deal with little guaranteed. My reason for saying that is because I know they are very high on Tolzien and MM has said that there will be a competition for the back-up spot. Now it is very possible that they carry 3 QBs on the roster but, I believe Tolzien doesn't have any PS eligibility left and if he comes out and shows much improvement it would be hard to cut him.
    Eddie Lacy


    Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ******'s bed
    Posts
    83,830
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    It makes me wonder if it isn't a 1-2 year deal with little guaranteed. My reason for saying that is because I know they are very high on Tolzien and MM has said that there will be a competition for the back-up spot. Now it is very possible that they carry 3 QBs on the roster but, I believe Tolzien doesn't have any PS eligibility left and if he comes out and shows much improvement it would be hard to cut him.
    Tolzien does have PS eligibility actually.

    But the second we would IR or cut someone, he would have to come up first.

    #droppingknowledge

    #YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,850
    vCash
    1500
    I'm along the lines of PB. I actually see this as a one year deal maybe two with little guaranteed. I still see them trying to groom a QB. Competition is key, if Tolzien shows improvement I don't see Flynn sticking around unless he improved his arm strength over the off season.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ******'s bed
    Posts
    83,830
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I'm along the lines of PB. I actually see this as a one year deal maybe two with little guaranteed. I still see them trying to groom a QB. Competition is key, if Tolzien shows improvement I don't see Flynn sticking around unless he improved his arm strength over the off season.
    That would bum me out for Matt's sake. He's done everything we've asked when inserted but because we can't "develop" him we're going to pay him bunk and then cut him for some young unproven guy with more potential.

    Meh.

    IMO, keep the dude, **** the developmental crap, he's solid enough and we get that mind int he QB room.

    #YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,101
    vCash
    1000
    Twitterdummies smh
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams



    Davante Adams


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ******'s bed
    Posts
    83,830
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Twitterdummies smh
    They're mad?

    #YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,101
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They're mad?
    I saw a boooooooooooo and a couple others in the provided link. I don't have a twitter account and never have...
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams



    Davante Adams


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,179
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That would bum me out for Matt's sake. He's done everything we've asked when inserted but because we can't "develop" him we're going to pay him bunk and then cut him for some young unproven guy with more potential.

    Meh.

    IMO, keep the dude, **** the developmental crap, he's solid enough and we get that mind int he QB room.

    I'm with you. Flynn always gave us a chance to win games. Maybe with more work, Tolzein will be able to do that at some point. He didn't last year, though- he made some big splashy type plays on the long balls but also a ton of mistakes- we were never really in any of the games he played in.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    19,707
    vCash
    1500
    Sb!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,101
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    Sb!
    Matt Flynn was the saving grace to our season(and lacy) make all the jokes you want he knows our system and I'm just happy to have him Mon-saturday.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    1,847
    vCash
    1500
    He did what you want out of a backup... 2-2 as a starter, Packers were in 3 of the 4 games and the tie was his as he brought them back from a horrendous first half led by Tolzien. I'd rather GB draft a QB late than go with Tolzien as the third guy. But if Tolzien is back, at least he'd have some time under his belt unlike last year where he wasn't even in preseason.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    ******'s bed
    Posts
    83,830
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Matt Flynn was the saving grace to our season(and lacy) make all the jokes you want he knows our system and I'm just happy to have him Mon-saturday.
    Is there really any realistic backup we could be more comfortable with?

    Not only that, he gives ya value in the QB room for sure. Whereas the young developmental guy is the opposite.

    #YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    schedule the parade now!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •