Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Flynn will be back!

NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cooters22 View Post
    I bet it's closer to 1.5 mil. Not to be nitpicky. But that seems fair 1.5-1.75 probably 2-3 years like you say.

Got a feeling McCarthy told Thompson hey, just get Matt and we don't gotta worry about this anymore.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    It makes me wonder if it isn't a 1-2 year deal with little guaranteed. My reason for saying that is because I know they are very high on Tolzien and MM has said that there will be a competition for the back-up spot. Now it is very possible that they carry 3 QBs on the roster but, I believe Tolzien doesn't have any PS eligibility left and if he comes out and shows much improvement it would be hard to cut him.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    It makes me wonder if it isn't a 1-2 year deal with little guaranteed. My reason for saying that is because I know they are very high on Tolzien and MM has said that there will be a competition for the back-up spot. Now it is very possible that they carry 3 QBs on the roster but, I believe Tolzien doesn't have any PS eligibility left and if he comes out and shows much improvement it would be hard to cut him.
    Tolzien does have PS eligibility actually.

But the second we would IR or cut someone, he would have to come up first.

#droppingknowledge

vCash
    I'm along the lines of PB. I actually see this as a one year deal maybe two with little guaranteed. I still see them trying to groom a QB. Competition is key, if Tolzien shows improvement I don't see Flynn sticking around unless he improved his arm strength over the off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I'm along the lines of PB. I actually see this as a one year deal maybe two with little guaranteed. I still see them trying to groom a QB. Competition is key, if Tolzien shows improvement I don't see Flynn sticking around unless he improved his arm strength over the off season.
    That would bum me out for Matt's sake. He's done everything we've asked when inserted but because we can't "develop" him we're going to pay him bunk and then cut him for some young unproven guy with more potential.

Meh.

IMO, keep the dude, **** the developmental crap, he's solid enough and we get that mind int he QB room.

vCash
    Twitterdummies smh
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Twitterdummies smh
    They're mad?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They're mad?
    I saw a boooooooooooo and a couple others in the provided link. I don't have a twitter account and never have...
    Adopt a Packers
    SAM "Less than Tim Jennings the Nickel Corner" SHIELDS
    and Davante "I'm good at catching" Adams

Davante Adams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That would bum me out for Matt's sake. He's done everything we've asked when inserted but because we can't "develop" him we're going to pay him bunk and then cut him for some young unproven guy with more potential.

Meh.

IMO, keep the dude, **** the developmental crap, he's solid enough and we get that mind int he QB room.

I'm with you. Flynn always gave us a chance to win games. Maybe with more work, Tolzein will be able to do that at some point. He didn't last year, though- he made some big splashy type plays on the long balls but also a ton of mistakes- we were never really in any of the games he played in.

vCash
    Sb!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    Sb!
    Matt Flynn was the saving grace to our season(and lacy) make all the jokes you want he knows our system and I'm just happy to have him Mon-saturday.

vCash
    He did what you want out of a backup... 2-2 as a starter, Packers were in 3 of the 4 games and the tie was his as he brought them back from a horrendous first half led by Tolzien. I'd rather GB draft a QB late than go with Tolzien as the third guy. But if Tolzien is back, at least he'd have some time under his belt unlike last year where he wasn't even in preseason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Matt Flynn was the saving grace to our season(and lacy) make all the jokes you want he knows our system and I'm just happy to have him Mon-saturday.
    Is there really any realistic backup we could be more comfortable with?

Not only that, he gives ya value in the QB room for sure. Whereas the young developmental guy is the opposite.

vCash
    schedule the parade now!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast