12 37.50%
  • DET

16 50.00%
  • GMs Here

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NFL Mock Offseason Wildcard Round: Detroit Lions @ San Francisco 49ers

THIS IS A GAME THAT OTHER PSD USERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS. THESE ARE FICTIONAL TEAMS. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE ON WHATEVER TEAM YOU LIKE THE MOST. PLEASE VOTE ON WHICH TEAM HAS THE BETTER ROSTER

Detroit Lions
    QB: Michael Vick/Jason Campbell/Kellen Moore
    RB: Reggie Bush/Joique Bell/Terrance West/Theo Riddick
    FB: Mike Tolbert
    FL: Calvin Johnson
    SE: Steve Smith/Ryan Broyles
    SL: Wes Welker/Jeromy Gallon
    TE: Brandon Myers/Joseph Fauria/Mike Flacco
    LT: Joe Thomas/Corey Hilliard
    LG: Rob Sims/Trai Turner
    C: Peter Konz/Weston Richburg
    RG: Larry Warford/Rodney Austin
    RT: LaAdrian Waddle/Matt Feiler

Defence:
    LE: Adrian Clayborn/Antonio Smith/Kapron Lewis-Moore
    3T: Nick Fairley/Antonio Smith
    1T: Domata Peko/Will Sutton
    RE: Julius Peppers/Devin Taylor/Kapron Lewis-Moore
    OLB: Chad Greenway/Tahir Whitehead
    MLB: Luke Kuechly/Travis Lewis
    OLB: DeAndre Levy/Boseko Lokombo
    CB: Terence Newman/Tim Jennings/Chris Houston/Lavelle Westbrooks
    NB: Chris Houston/Dwight Bentley
    FS: Harrison Smith/Kenny Ladler
    SS: Glover Quin/Alden Darby

Special Teams

K: Chandler Catanzaro
    P: Sam Martin

@

San Francisco 49ers
    QB: Jake Locker, Andy Dalton, Logan Thomas
    RB: LaSean McCoy, Marcus Lattimore, Kendall Hunter
    FB: Bruce Miller
    WR1: AJ Green
    WR2: Dameryius Thomas
    Slot: Dexter McCluster, Austin Pettis
    TE: Vernon Davis, Vance McDonald
    LT: Joe Staley, Alex Boone
    RT: Alex Boone ; Joe Barksdale
    LG: Mike Iupati, Joe Looney
    RG: Daniel Kilgore, Adam Snyder
    C: Alex Mack, Adam Snyder

RE: Aldon Smith, Darius Fleming
    LE: Calvin Pace, Tank Carridine
    DT: Justin Smith Ian Williams
    DT: Ray McDonald ; Quinton Dial
    WILL: Zach Brown ; Nick Moody
    MLB: Patrick Willis ; Michael Wilhoite
    SAM: Jon Bostic ; Michael Wilhoite
    RCB: Tramaine Brock ; Chris Culliver
    LCB: Cary Williams ; Marcus Roberson
    Nickel: Chris Culliver
    FS: Eric Reid ; Rodney McLeod
    SS: Malcolm Jenkins ; CJ Spillman

ST: P Andy Lee ; K Phil Dawson ; LS Kevin McDermott ; PR/KR Dexter McCluster

vCash
    Both teams should be able to pass on one another. A Locker-Vick shootout would be interesting. McCoy could be a game changer as the best RB on the field.

vCash
    I think my team Detroit has the better defensive personnel to match up against the 49ers offense.

I have one of the better 7 man fronts in the league, with a great 5 man DL rotation of Julius Peppers, Nick Fairley, Domata Peko, Adrian Clayborn, and Antonio Smith. This front gives me a lot of versatility to line up a bunch of different ways. I can go big with Smith-Peko-Fairley-Clayborn, I can go with 4 pass rushers on 3rd downs with Clayborn-Smith-Fairley-Peppers, etc. This front 7 will cause a lot of trouble for the 49ers pass protection.

Not only that, I have the reigning DPOY at Middle Linebacker for me. Kuechly has the ability to go and cover a Vernon Davis or a McCoy from the backfield, and also help shut down the running game with the help of my 2 great OLBs.

My secondary is also no slump. Harrison Smith and Glover Quin is an extremely versatile duo at Safety with both being above average in the passing game as well as the run. Tim Jennings, Terrence Newman and Chris Houston are also all reliable corners that will slow down the 49ers duo on the outside. And with Jake Locker at QB, can you really trust him to win in a shootout against a pretty good defense?

Meanwhile, the 49ers have no answers for my offensive attack. I have 8 legitimate weapons on the offensive side with Bush, Bell, Tolbert, Megatron, Smith, Welker, Myers, and Fauria. With this amount of weapons, they will all be able to rotate in and out and keep the defense guessing. It also allows for a variety of formations that the 49ers simply couldnt handle. I could run a 3 back set with Bell-Bush-Tolbert, I can run a 3 WR and 2 TE set, I can split Bush outwide, I can have welker motion into the backfield. And with one of the most versatile QBs of all time in Michael Vick, how in the hell can you stop this offense? The 49ers secondary is well below league average and will be trounced by my offensive weapons.

Both teams are great, but I trust Detroit's defense much more to stop a Jake Locker led offense, than I trust the 49ers defense to stop Michael Vick, Megatron and company
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Sf

vCash
    Is it possible to get an explanation on why SF has Locker starting over Andy Dalton? I am leaning towards SF but given that I don't know, with Locker it's closer than I think it would be with Dalton.

That offense is just too versatile with Shady, Green/Thomas and VD.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    Sorry on vaca. Here's my explanation with Locker over Dalton. Locker fits the offense better actually. Better arm, more mobile and can get the read option going very well with McCoy.

As for the teams on how they match up...gotta think of this. They are essentially making Clayborn useless. He HAS to play RE because of his disability. He physically can not use his other arm with any strength what so ever. Lets move on.

Detroits Pass rush is pretty bad. Peppers is not very good anymore, Clayborn is out of position, Peko is a run stopper and then Fairley is decent. Locker would have all day to pick apart those Corners. Green and Thomas would own them.

Detroit would either have to play with 6 guys in the Box, or load the box and get beat on the outside. Honestly, this would be a fairly easy win. His defense is weak against one of the best offenses, easily.

Defensively, my pass rush is actually better than last year, as is the secondary. Patrick Willis spying Vick would control his, Zach Brown is one of the better coverage linebackers in the league as well. They would put up points, but it would be contained and my team would fairly easily win this game, especially at home.

Terrence Newman covering Green? Come on. Jennings covering Thomas? Get real. Who's covering Davis? Who's spying Locker? Who's taking care of McCoy? I have a freaking amazing offensive line, his dline would do absolutely nothing. One of if not the best center in the game, one of the best tackles and one of the best guards, and on the other side, move Boone back to his natural position at tackle.

This would realistically be a blowout. Can't believe the poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by unleashthebeast View Post
    I think my team Detroit has the better defensive personnel to match up against the 49ers offense.

I have one of the better 7 man fronts in the league, with a great 5 man DL rotation of Julius Peppers, Nick Fairley, Domata Peko, Adrian Clayborn, and Antonio Smith. This front gives me a lot of versatility to line up a bunch of different ways. I can go big with Smith-Peko-Fairley-Clayborn, I can go with 4 pass rushers on 3rd downs with Clayborn-Smith-Fairley-Peppers, etc. This front 7 will cause a lot of trouble for the 49ers pass protection.

Not only that, I have the reigning DPOY at Middle Linebacker for me. Kuechly has the ability to go and cover a Vernon Davis or a McCoy from the backfield, and also help shut down the running game with the help of my 2 great OLBs.

My secondary is also no slump. Harrison Smith and Glover Quin is an extremely versatile duo at Safety with both being above average in the passing game as well as the run. Tim Jennings, Terrence Newman and Chris Houston are also all reliable corners that will slow down the 49ers duo on the outside. And with Jake Locker at QB, can you really trust him to win in a shootout against a pretty good defense?

Meanwhile, the 49ers have no answers for my offensive attack. I have 8 legitimate weapons on the offensive side with Bush, Bell, Tolbert, Megatron, Smith, Welker, Myers, and Fauria. With this amount of weapons, they will all be able to rotate in and out and keep the defense guessing. It also allows for a variety of formations that the 49ers simply couldnt handle. I could run a 3 back set with Bell-Bush-Tolbert, I can run a 3 WR and 2 TE set, I can split Bush outwide, I can have welker motion into the backfield. And with one of the most versatile QBs of all time in Michael Vick, how in the hell can you stop this offense? The 49ers secondary is well below league average and will be trounced by my offensive weapons.

Both teams are great, but I trust Detroit's defense much more to stop a Jake Locker led offense, than I trust the 49ers defense to stop Michael Vick, Megatron and company
    I will reply to this by saying, can you trust Vick winning a shoot out? Oh God no. Green, Davis, McCoy, Thomas, with one of the better weapons in the league in McCluster. Jake Locker can be a very solid Qb, and with the options at his disposal, he would be pretty damn solid.

Your front 7 is not very good. Like I said, you have a washed up guy in Peppers, you have a guy who is physically handicapped and can not play LE. Kuechly can't guard Davis and spy on Locker and take McCoy out of the backfield. Greenway is on the decline, had a pretty bad year last year, but is still better than Levy, so you basically have Fairley, Keuchley and Peko (on run plays, but me being in shotgun 3 wide every play, he won't be on the field)

Clayborn suffered a broken collarbone and nerve damage when his right arm was removed from his mother's womb awkwardly during delivery. And though he's found ways to compensate through years of rehab and hard work, the effects of the injury are still felt. His upper-body strength is suspect. While the 205-pound cornerback Jimmy Smith bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times at the scouting combine, Clayborn, who weights 286 pounds, did it 17 times. In addition, Clayborn cannot extend his right arm fully because of the injury. His wingspan is significantly shorter than other pass-rushers, and that matters in the minds of some scouts because they fear he won't be able to fully extend the arm to push off blockers.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2z6l3nmMI
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I will reply to this by saying, can you trust Vick winning a shoot out? Oh God no. Green, Davis, McCoy, Thomas, with one of the better weapons in the league in McCluster. Jake Locker can be a very solid Qb, and with the options at his disposal, he would be pretty damn solid.

Your front 7 is not very good. Like I said, you have a washed up guy in Peppers, you have a guy who is physically handicapped and can not play LE. Kuechly can't guard Davis and spy on Locker and take McCoy out of the backfield. Greenway is on the decline, had a pretty bad year last year, but is still better than Levy, so you basically have Fairley, Keuchley and Peko (on run plays, but me being in shotgun 3 wide every play, he won't be on the field)

Clayborn suffered a broken collarbone and nerve damage when his right arm was removed from his mother's womb awkwardly during delivery. And though he's found ways to compensate through years of rehab and hard work, the effects of the injury are still felt. His upper-body strength is suspect. While the 205-pound cornerback Jimmy Smith bench-pressed 225 pounds 24 times at the scouting combine, Clayborn, who weights 286 pounds, did it 17 times. In addition, Clayborn cannot extend his right arm fully because of the injury. His wingspan is significantly shorter than other pass-rushers, and that matters in the minds of some scouts because they fear he won't be able to fully extend the arm to push off blockers.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2z6l3nmMI
    Are you kidding me with the Clayborn nonsense? I mean really? The dude has been in the NFL for 3 years now and has racked up over 100 tackles and 13 sacks. You seriously are going to use his bench press and his injury from birth to try to discredit? That is absolutely out of this world that you would go that route to try to bask Clayborn, after his 3 seasons of success in the NFL. LOL

Also, the fact that you are only talking about my defensive deficiencies, instead of addressing how to stop my offense, is pretty telling as to why the poll is the way it is. That's because the 49ers defense has NO ANSWERS for the 8 weapons I have on the offensive end to make Michael Vick's job probably the easiest in the league. Your defense has absolutely no chance of stopping this Detroit offense, period
    Hawks Mock Offseason GM

Miami HEAT and Baltimore Ravens TM

vCash
    Yeah, I would agree that there is no answer to that detroit offense.

It's already one of the best offenses in the nfl, with upgraded receivers, tight ends, and offensive line. It's just unstoppable.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

vCash
    Your defense has absolutely no chance of stopping this Detroit offense, period
    Justin and Aldon Smith are capable of singlehandedly halting anything you try to do on offense so you say they have no chance just because you have weapons is ignorant.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    I understand your argument that you have 8 weapons UTB because we kinda did the same thing with our team BUT, how do you plan on getting those 8 weapons on the field at one time?

vCash
    Obviously they won't be on the field at the same time lol. If you read my first post I explained it. The 8 weapons allow for consistent offensive rotations and a range of offensive formations. The 49ers base defense can't handle this offense, let alone when their starters get tired and my depth starts rotating in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is it possible to get an explanation on why SF has Locker starting over Andy Dalton? I am leaning towards SF but given that I don't know, with Locker it's closer than I think it would be with Dalton.

That offense is just too versatile with Shady, Green/Thomas and VD.
    Don't know why he'd do that...

vCash
    Are you kidding me with the Clayborn nonsense? I mean really? The dude has been in the NFL for 3 years now and has racked up over 100 tackles and 13 sacks. You seriously are going to use his bench press and his injury from birth to try to discredit? That is absolutely out of this world that you would go that route to try to bask Clayborn, after his 3 seasons of success in the NFL. LOL

Also, the fact that you are only talking about my defensive deficiencies, instead of addressing how to stop my offense, is pretty telling as to why the poll is the way it is. That's because the 49ers defense has NO ANSWERS for the 8 weapons I have on the offensive end to make Michael Vick's job probably the easiest in the league. Your defense has absolutely no chance of stopping this Detroit offense, period
    Iowa fan here. He was born with a defected collarbone and in result has almost no use in his arm. He has to play RE. Has to. Otherwise he has no power on the other side. So he essentially is playing out of position and physically can't play the other side. He would do nothing. If he was playing RE I wouldn't say anything, but he can not be switched like you have done.

And my defense against your offense. Here's the answer to that.

Double Johnson, Brock on Steve Smith is a pretty solid match up. Welker is a bit of a wild card, Vick has never really been the Qb to throw to the slot repeatedly. Luckily you don't have a receiving threat at TE, at all. Patrick Willis and Zach Brown can split covering Bush and spying Vick. Will points be scored? Of course. It won't be a shut out. My pass rush would destroy you though. Justin Smith and Ray McDonald as the DT's are great against the run, and beasts against the pass. And then I bring in a better pass rusher in Pace going against a not so good Waddle. My defensive line would own your offensive line, pretty easily. Patrick Willis is still Patrick Willis. The best LB in the league. You say Luke can do everything, well guess what? So can Willis. Willis doesn't have to worry about a stellar TE to cover as Luke would have to, then McCoy compared to Bush? Come on...

Please tell me how your ineffective defensive line, and less than stellar linebacking group (outside of Luke of course) would contain the likes of Davis and McCoy? Are you going to have 3 backers on the field to stop the run? Or 2 on the field to stop the pass? Are you going to have a safety play in the box to stop the run? Or are you going to use both over the top to help your poor corners against 2 of the best receivers in the game?

I mean your offense is solid. But it has weaknesses. Vick isn't exactly a selling point either. He's a decent Qb, but struggles in big games, and games where he can't use his legs, and with Willis spying him, no way he runs.

Please tell me how you would honestly contain Green with Newman and Thomas with Jennings and Houston on McCluster. You can't play with 3 linebackers on the field, almost ever. So there's a very good shot you'd only have 6 men in the box. Tell me how that's going to stop McCoy. Are you going to help double Thomas and Green? Who's going to cover Davis? Who's going to spy Locker? Who's going to pick up McCoy out of the backfield?

Johnson is the best receiver in the game. AJ Green is top 3. So you have the advantage there.
    Second receiver, Thomas blows Smith out of the water.
    Welker is the better receiver, McCluster is the better play maker. I could have McCluster and McCoy in the back field at the same time, McCluster going in motion, could get the hand off, run out the flats, would cause someone to watch him also at all times.

Now lets go to TE's. Vernon Davis compared to Brandon Meyers? Moving on.

McCoy compared to Bush/Tolbert. I clearly have the advantage there as well.

Offensive line? Best center, top 3 guard, top 5 LT, solid right side, Kilgore will be starting for the 49ers at center this year, but is a natural Guard. Boone is a solid lineman, and back to his natural spot of Tackle. My offensive line is clearly better than yours as well.

Pleeeeaaaase tell me how your purely average defense could stop my offense

vCash
    had dalton been the starting QB i probably would have gone SF
    Panic. It crept up my spine like first rising vibes of an acid frenzy. There I was. Alone in Las Vegas, completely twisted on drugs, no cash, no story for the magazine, and on top of everything else, a gigantic god damned hotel bill to deal with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast