Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lucas Oil Stadium Rated As Best Stadium In NFL

The Indianapolis Colts have the best stadium in the NFL for the third straight year, according to Stadium Journey magazine.

Stadium Journey used a Fanfare five-star scale to rate the categories: Food and beverage, atmosphere, neighborhood, fans, access, return on investment and extra. The Colts received five stars in every category except food and beverage, which they received four stars in.

"Lucas Oil Stadium is a fantastic venue, with the emphasis on the fans," according to Stadium Journey. "This is one of the best sports stadium experiences in the country and should be on an NFL fans' bucket list, especially as the team is well on its way to becoming an attraction in itself."

Pittsburgh's Heinz Field, Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Dallas' AT&T Stadium and Carolina's Bank of America Stadium round out the top five stadiums.

San Francisco’s Candlestick Park, San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium and Washington's FedEx Field were ranked as the worst three stadiums in the league.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...stadium-in-nfl

vCash

Lucas Oil Stadium Rated As Best Stadium In NFL

Bank of America top 5? That place sucks, I have bigger screens in my living room than they do at their stadium
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    That article is bad. No link to the list or grading process.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    don't trust ratings since they don't have the "O.co" Coliseum, home of the Oakland Raiders, as one of the worst-3 stadiums in the league. Sewage came out of the toilets last year or the year before.
    RAIDERS. ARE. BACK.

vCash
    The Giants wanted the new stadium to be similar to Lucas Oil. Brick on the outside, state of the art on the inside. Of course, the Jets had their say and the rest is history.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    don't trust ratings since they don't have the "O.co" Coliseum, home of the Oakland Raiders, as one of the worst-3 stadiums in the league. Sewage came out of the toilets last year or the year before.
    Agree with that.

But Candlestick was worse, in really bad shape compared to O.co. And now that it is no longer an NFL stadium O.co is #1. Jack Murphy is in much better condition, although it does not have the suites that Oakland added in 1995.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    The Giants wanted the new stadium to be similar to Lucas Oil. Brick on the outside, state of the art on the inside. Of course, the Jets had their say and the rest is history.
    I never knew that, do you have an article link or something?

I'd like to read up on it.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Coliseum is still better than Qualcomm.

Qualcomm is as old school as it gets. They don't even have many escalators in that place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    I never knew that, do you have an article link or something?

I'd like to read up on it.
    You're a Jets fan and never heard of this????? The Giants had their own plans while the Jets were still trying for that failed West Side Stadium project.

The Giants wanted a smaller stadium with the stands closer to the field so the place would louder
    The Jets wanted a 90,000 seat huge stadium. The Giants said the fans would be to far away from the field
    “The Jets, for example, initially wanted a 90,000-seat stadium. That’s a big, raucous place. The Giants said the extra 10,000 seats would make the stadium too high and that the extra 10,000 seats would be too far from the field and not be a good seat anyway. Both were thinking of their fans, just differently.”

Woody Johnson refused to have any red, white or blue in the stadium. So the teams went with Grey
    The Jets stood their ground. On Friday, Johnson said, “The stadium had to look and feel neutral.”
    The Giants wanted a brick stadium for $800 million
    The Jets wanted a state of the art facility upwards of $1.0 billion plus

Old news but
    The new stadium's overall look represents a win for the Jets. The Giants had pushed for a traditional brick structure with luxury suites stacked on one side that would cost about $800 million. Mr. Johnson's design team preferred a sleek, modern $1 billion structure with luxury boxes circling the stadium and exclusive restaurants and clubs on every side.

To Mr. Johnson, the stadium is the building of his dreams, one that echoes his earlier plans for a stadium in Manhattan with giant video boards in each corner and luxury in spades. He says it is a symbol of his franchise's ascendancy and signals the end of the era of being the poor sister in New York's football psyche.
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...html#printMode

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/07/sp...pagewanted=all

Metlife is the Jets plan. State of the art and colorless.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

vCash
    If the stadium is the building of his dreams, why not get his own ****ing stadium?
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · Jul 11

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

vCash
    I don't go to many games, I'd much rather watch on TV, so this doesn't affect me in the slightest. But how could that ugly thing be anyone's dream.

Looks like a damn air conditioner.

Edit: Thanks for the article btw
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    I don't go to many games, I'd much rather watch on TV, so this doesn't affect me in the slightest. But how could that ugly thing be anyone's dream.

Looks like a damn air conditioner.

Edit: Thanks for the article btw
    If Woody had any brains inside his head, IMO, the Jets would change their uniforms from the Leon Hess green to a metallic silver which looks more like the color of a Jet. Maybe then they could match their stadium.

I think I've posted it before. Be creative a put green stripes on it with a Jet on the side
    http://gamedayr.com/wp-content/uploa...helmets-4.jpeg
    http://media.nj.com/star-ledger/phot...7-standard.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Bank of America top 5? That place sucks, I have bigger screens in my living room than they do at their stadium
    The only stadium in the NFL with Bojangles, of course they're top 5....

In all seriousness, BoA's screens are middle-of-the-pack among NFL stadiums (really not that bad, maybe your eyes need checked), but they could've been basing this list off of the new additions coming to BoA. They're supposed to be getting two screens that are in between Reliant Stadium and AT&T Stadium in size (will be 2nd biggest in NFL) and they're getting a 360 degree ribbon screen (IIRC will be the only NFL stadium to have that). That's just my guess for why BoA is top 5.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Of course FedEx is dead last. Half the attendance are Cowboy fans, even when the Redskins arent playing them.

vCash
    Wut? I have only been to one stadium but how did they come to this conclusion?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast