• Blues in 5

0 0%
  • Blues in 6

0 0%
  • Blues in 7

0 0%
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs WCQF Round 1 -- Chicago Blackhawks v. St. Louis Blues

Number of Meetings: 330
    Regular Season Meetings: 280
    All-Time Series: CHI, 163–125–42
    Regular Season Series: CHI, 135–103–42
    Post Season Meetings: 54, CHI 28–22 (.560)
    Post Season Series: 11, CHI, 7–3 (.700)

*All games not on NBC will also be available on CSNChicago

Regular Season Leaders:
    Last edited by haggis; 04-14-2014 at 06:45 PM.

vCash
    Toews, Kane say they're set for Game 1

They were only three words, but seemed to hold more importance when spoken Monday by Jonathan Toews, the captain of the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks.

How does he feel, physically, after sitting out the final six games of the regular season with an upper-body injury?

"Good," Toews said, pausing. "Really good."

Toews and forward Patrick Kane, who missed the final 12 games with a lower-body injury, said they're ready to take the next step in the process of getting back into game shape. They'll participate in full practices Tuesday and Wednesday, and get a morning skate Thursday at Scottrade Center prior to the start of a series against the St. Louis Blues in the Western Conference First Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Toews, who returned to the ice for individual work this past Thursday, is anxious to get back into normal game-preparation mode.

"[Tuesday] I'll be out there with the boys, back to the usual routine," he said. "It's kind of nice. Not fun to be on your own program for a couple of weeks. It's one of the downsides. I'm looking forward to being back."

Likewise for Kane, who's been skating through individual drills for more than a week and got into a morning skate prior to the Blackhawks' home finale April 9 against the Montreal Canadiens.

"I'm excited to get things going," Kane said. "I've watched a lot of hockey lately, so it's going to be nice to play in some games now. I feel pretty good. It'll be nice to get a couple skates with the team [Tuesday and Wednesday] and the pre-game skate Thursday and get ready to go."

As for his injury, which is thought to be a knee issue after he returned to the ice wearing a brace on it, Kane said it feels ready for game tempo.

"I've had some time to rest my injury, obviously, the right amount of time, and with anything you want to make sure you're feeling good coming back," he said. "I think that's where I'm at right now."

Toews said he feels fortunate that his injury wasn't worse after sustaining a big hit into the boards by Pittsburgh Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik.

"There was a moment there right after it happened in Pittsburgh where we weren't quite sure," he said. "I think for the most part, with the level of pain I was dealing with, I knew it wasn't going to be a long-term thing. I don't think there was too much to worry about there. It was just going to be a week or two weeks."

Each said they would've liked to play at least a game prior to the start of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs, but the time off provided a needed physical and mental break after playing a lot of hockey in the previous 15 months.

After winning the 2013 Stanley Cup following a 48-game regular season, the Blackhawks only had a couple months off before training camp started in September for a full 82-game schedule. Mixed in were the 2014 Sochi Olympics, which Toews and Kane each participated in for their respective countries.

"I don't think you ever want to miss any games, but if you do, on the one side you can try and rest up and be as mentally ready for the playoffs as you can," Toews said. "At the same time, I don't feel like I lost anything. It was only a short while to be away from playing the games. I think for anyone who's been playing right until the end of the season, it's going to be an adjustment with the speed of the playoffs, so everyone's going to have to step it up a little bit."

vCash
    Should be interesting to see what the lines look like come game 1. Could we see a Bickell/Toews/Kane again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Should be interesting to see what the lines look like come game 1. Could we see a Bickell/Toews/Kane again?
    Would be nice. Bicks has been on a mean streak lately so that line would be a nice combination of size and skill.

vCash

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs WCQF Round 1 -- Chicago Blackhawks v. St. Louis Blues

This regular season seemed to go so much quicker to me than last year's lockout shortened season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Then who would go between Hossa and Sharp? Zues? Smith.

I kind of like Toews and Kane separate. For all the talk about not having a 2C, Kane assumes that role in terms of carrying the puck and distributing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b1e9a8r5s View Post
    Then who would go between Hossa and Sharp? Zues? Smith.

I kind of like Toews and Kane separate. For all the talk about not having a 2C, Kane assumes that role in terms of carrying the puck and distributing.
    Shaw has played between Sharp/Hossa for the last 5 or so games. I wonder if Q is going to keep that line going or switch it up.

vCash

vCash
    Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 1h

#Blackhawks' lines during practice: Versteeg-Toews-Saad; Sharp-Handzus-Hossa; Bickell-Shaw-Kane; Bollig-Kruger-Smith.

vCash
    I'm not sure what to make of those. Q's trying to spread out the scoring.

vCash
    I don't know why Versteeg is on the first two lines. From what I have seen, he has been horrible this year. HE also should never be with Kane like he was earlier this year, he just holds on to the puck way to long when Kane should have it on his stick.

vCash
    I'm not sure what to make of those. Q's trying to spread out the scoring.
    Yea, certainly appears that way. Could be deadly if all three lines are clicking. Blues have a pretty deep defense so maybe that is why. I'd still like to see Kane put with some more dynamic guys personally. I guess if Bickell is "playoffs Bickell" then it won't be too bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrmidon24 View Post
    I don't know why Versteeg is on the first two lines. From what I have seen, he has been horrible this year. HE also should never be with Kane like he was earlier this year, he just holds on to the puck way to long when Kane should have it on his stick.
    I agree that Versteeg has been pretty uninspiring since returning to the Hawks. If he had a bad 1st game or two I wouldn't be shocked to see him scratched.

vCash
    I agree that Versteeg has been pretty uninspiring since returning to the Hawks. If he had a bad 1st game or two I wouldn't be shocked to see him scratched.
    Versteeg could/should be this year's Stalberg. Keep him on the roster, but leave him in the press box unless there's an injury. I've watched nearly every game this year and I'm with you, he has been pretty uninspiring. I really thought we got a good deal in that trade with Florida, but Tallon knew what he was doing. Steeger turns it over too much and doesn't really bring much to the table over someone like Regin. Morin has been a nice spark plug as of late, but Nordstrom can stay on the shelf for all of the postseason if you ask me.

Zeus is only out there cause he's a big body imo. STL is a big team, just like Anaheim and LA. Dude is concrete feet slow, but if he's willing to be that guy on his line to post up in front of Miller while Sharp and Hossa take their shots, then it's not all for loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Hitchcock
    “We have a design to our play, and when we get outside our play, we get beat,” Hitchcock said. “I think winning in the playoffs is all about playing within yourself, but it’s also about playing within yourself as far as the system of play you play. When you start searching out body contact, or you start to think you can intimidate people with body contact, you’re wrong.

“This is a team we’re going to play, if we think we’re going to go out in a seek and destroy mission, like both teams did with LA and us last year, this team will just laugh at you. They’ve had people been running at them for five years; they know how to deal with it. From our standpoint, we have to play the game the right way and hope for good results. But going out and thinking we’re going to intimidate the Chicago Blackhawks is nuts. They’ve seen all of that before and they just play right through it.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...c48d0b095.html

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast