Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Escape from Cuba: Yasiel Puig's Untold Journey to the Dodgers

http://www.lamag.com/features/2014/4...-dodgers/print

Read this… Well worth your time

vCash
    Awesome read. You gotta sympathize for the guy, with everything he's had to deal with. He should get a pass his first year for coming into something he could only imagine with all the excess at his will after living in basically in a third world country and being poor. We can't imagine what went through his head after obtaining that sum of money and living the way he did those previous 21-22 years or so. But now, even more now being a father (which I didn't know before reading this article), he has to grow up and starting acting like a professional. He has to realize that his talent will be tolerated for only so much longer, and eventually teams, players, owners, etc. will get tired of him and move on. He's such a great talent, so electrifying, and I don't want to see him waste it, even though he'd wrecking Giants pitchers for years if he wises up.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Awesome read. You gotta sympathize for the guy, with everything he's had to deal with. He should get a pass his first year for coming into something he could only imagine with all the excess at his will after living in basically in a third world country and being poor. We can't imagine what went through his head after obtaining that sum of money and living the way he did those previous 21-22 years or so. But now, even more now being a father (which I didn't know before reading this article), he has to grow up and starting acting like a professional. He has to realize that his talent will be tolerated for only so much longer, and eventually teams, players, owners, etc. will get tired of him and move on. He's such a great talent, so electrifying, and I don't want to see him waste it, even though he'd wrecking Giants pitchers for years if he wises up.
    Yup

vCash
    Very good story. Nice to see him achieve so much. Hopefully he's not going to let it go to his head to much more.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 46-52, games this week vs. Blue Jays (4), Rays (3)
    Indianapolis Colts: Good draft and off-season so far.
    Looking for new NBA team to cheer for
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    I'm not a Puig fan.

Why am I not a Puig fan? Because I don't like overly emotional ball players in general. I don't really like it when people show-boat, or whenever someone doesn't hustle. I don't like 'style points'. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that, it's just not something I enjoy in baseball. I like players like Darwin Barney, who always hustle, keep their mouths shut, you never hear anything negative about....the professionalism I prefer. But that's my PREFERENCE.

So I don't like Puig, because I don't like how he goes about his baseball playing. Also, it was annoying how some Dodger fans were over-rating him last year based on unsustainable aspects of his game. But that's not Puig's fault.

I also recognize that he has tremendous athleticism, is very young, and this story helps to illustrate the incredibly difficult journey that these KIDS, yes they are kids, go through to get here. It's not like it's a hop and a skip and they just show up ready to make 8 figures and play baseball in front of millions of adoring fans.

It was a good read, thank you for sharing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'm not a Puig fan.

Why am I not a Puig fan? Because I don't like overly emotional ball players in general. I don't really like it when people show-boat, or whenever someone doesn't hustle. I don't like 'style points'. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that, it's just not something I enjoy in baseball. I like players like Darwin Barney, who always hustle, keep their mouths shut, you never hear anything negative about....the professionalism I prefer.
    No fun allowed Jeffy. Boooo!

Though as Rush said he'll need to get his act together before it gets tiresome. Talent can only get you so far if you keep acting up. The story really puts things into perspective, though.

vCash
    That was well worth the read.

vCash
    I cant believe these shady character might want a piece of him. A piece of his money and if not his life. That's kinda scary. I never knew the process that these guys had to go through to get here. I am so glad I came out of the womb on this side of the border. We are so lucky.
    Last edited by DODGERS&LAKERS; 04-15-2014 at 11:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I'm not a Puig fan.

Why am I not a Puig fan? Because I don't like overly emotional ball players in general. I don't really like it when people show-boat, or whenever someone doesn't hustle. I don't like 'style points'. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with that, it's just not something I enjoy in baseball. I like players like Darwin Barney, who always hustle, keep their mouths shut, you never hear anything negative about....the professionalism I prefer. But that's my PREFERENCE.

So I don't like Puig, because I don't like how he goes about his baseball playing. Also, it was annoying how some Dodger fans were over-rating him last year based on unsustainable aspects of his game. But that's not Puig's fault.

I also recognize that he has tremendous athleticism, is very young, and this story helps to illustrate the incredibly difficult journey that these KIDS, yes they are kids, go through to get here. It's not like it's a hop and a skip and they just show up ready to make 8 figures and play baseball in front of millions of adoring fans.

It was a good read, thank you for sharing.
    Well i dont like overly emotional posters

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Well i dont like overly emotional posters
    He's not being overly emotional. I think he needs to tame his antics down as well. I agree with Jeffy.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    I'd love to see Puig fail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd love to see Puig fail.
    Well duh aren't you a giants fan?

vCash
    He's not being overly emotional. I think he needs to tame his antics down as well. I agree with Jeffy.
    A lot of the antics are things like bat flips, and throwing his hands up when he does something well, it's a very Caribbean style of play, I could find a Caribbean player on most teams that act in a way similar to his.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    Well duh aren't you a giants fan?
    That and he is a contrarian.

vCash
    I would classify Pandoval as an emotional player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    A lot of the antics are things like bat flips, and throwing his hands up when he does something well, it's a very Caribbean style of play, I could find a Caribbean player on most teams that act in a way similar to his.
    While I seriously doubt the bolded, I'm not sure any of this is necessarily a justified excuse for the antics. This isn't Caribbean baseball anymore. He's on the highest level he can play on, and just needs to cool it a bit. I'm sure he will and the article paints a fantastic story, one which only makes you want to root for the guy. That doesn't really change or justify what SFrush said though.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast