Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Oaklands Mayor a loose cannon

From Silver and Black Pride

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...-was-royal-fib

On Thursday, Oakland Mayor Jean Quan shocked a few people, including the Oakland City Council when she announced on the air of a local radio station that the prince of Dubai had partnered with one of the investment groups involved in the Coliseum City project..........
    Here's the thing, though -- it's not true.................
    City Councilman, Larry Reid, who is part of the Oakland Coliseum oversight boards, had been taken aback by Quan's announcement because she hadn't said anything about this prince prior to her radio interview. So, naturally the whole idea drew quite a bit of skepticism. Reid also spoke on the matter with the Mercury News.

"You just don't throw the crown prince's name out there and say he's in a deal when he's not," said Reid. "I think it makes it harder for the people who are shopping the deal out there and trying to save these sports franchises."

While the Coliseum City may still be a fairy tale ending, Mayor Quan is tall tales aren't helping any. In fact, it could very well be hurting its chances.

"[The current investment group] has partnered literally with the prince of Dubai, who is next in line to lead Dubai. And they have capital," Quan told 95.7 The Game.

Here's the thing, though -- it's not true.
    The autumn wind is a Raider

vCash
    Rumors of a wealthy Middle Eastern investor/group linked to a stadium deal in Oakland has been circulating for about a year now. I'll believe it when I see it.

What I know for a fact is that the Coliseum is on its last legs. From the plumbing to the seating to the location, location, location, the place blows.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Wow.

vCash
    Sounds like she'd make a good wing man for Rob Ford.

-Stork

vCash
    Ford Quan 2016 vs Clinton Polanski 2016.......... in other word hell on earth lol

vCash
    im not sure what else this mayor does for the city of Oakland as I am not a resident. That being said, with all the garbage she spits out and absolute lack of progress on this development (as a raider fan mind you) I cant wait for you Oakland residents to get someone new in there, what a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    im not sure what else this mayor does for the city of Oakland as I am not a resident. That being said, with all the garbage she spits out and absolute lack of progress on this development (as a raider fan mind you) I cant wait for you Oakland residents to get someone new in there, what a joke.
    I'm not sure if apathy or extreme plurality explains her winning the mayor's seat in the first place. That said, Oakland had a number of name politicians, from Brown to Dellums, and nothing seams to work.

I am only half joking when I say this, but if a meteor big enough to crater a city and surrounding environs should ever pass our way, I hope that Oakland gets the nod. They really need to demolish and start over from scratch.

vCash
    i live out here in phoenix az...im hoping they announce something soon...as soon as they build a new stadium...my boys will be old enough for me to take the whole family to our first oakland raiders home game...or maybe ill be traveling to portland or LA...who knows ha ha

vCash

she says go for the championship

vCash
    I have been following these events fairly closely. I used to be of the opinion that the Raiders belonged back in LA but the East Bay region is really a sleeping giant demographically. The Coliseum is an ideal if the A's and Raiders could work something out both teams could get a venue to suit their needs in a layout similar to the one the Mariners and Seahawks call home with the fields within blocks of one another.

Plenty of local NCAA venues for the Raiders to play their home games until its built.

vCash
    On second thought....

vCash
    This is bs. Reid is full of it ,and everyone from the Bay knows it. There is no secret that Reid wants to see the Raiders move out of Oakland.
    People that want to know the truth about our situation in Oakland need too go to a few council meeting ,and stop taking the word of a known backstabber.

Feel the wrath of the darkside.