Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

STAT... It's a fine line between self-confidence & motivation, and Delusion

I have always been a fan of STAT's effort and hunger.
    But really, STAT... after a season like this, not even a tiny piece of humble pie and realism?

One would think that for a professional, this "crash landing" would be an eye opener, no?
    How about simply saying: "we have a lot of work to do" and leave it at that?

No.
    STAT doubles down and says we're the best team in the league "on paper".
    SMH.

I don't see what STAT thinks he has to gain by generating hollow PR statements for the Knicks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAT: On paper, Knicks may be NBA's best
    April, 13, 2014
    By Ian Begley | ESPNNewYork.com

In early October, expectations for the Knicks were fairly high.

Most predicted that New York would finish among the top four teams in the East.

Now that they’ve failed to make the playoffs, those expectations seem a bit foolish.

But Amar'e Stoudemire insists they were way too low.

Amar'e Stoudemire wasn't joking when he gave his assessment of the Knicks' talent.
    “They should have been a little bit higher if you ask me,” Stoudemire said on Sunday. “On paper we might be the best team in the league. We’ve got great players on this team who accomplished so much. We just couldn’t put it together.”

Those comments are sure to raise eyebrows around the NBA -- and among Knicks fans. New York certainly had veteran talent on the roster, but not enough to rival the Heat, Thunder or Pacers.

But give Stoudemire credit for this: he’s one Knick who exceeded expectations this season.

The ten-year veteran entered the season on a minutes restriction due to knee issues. No one around the team knew exactly what to expect from him, but they knew not to expect much. After all, Stoudemire had undergone three knee surgeries in a 12-month span.

Eventually, the former All Star shed his minutes restriction and started to flourish.

Since entering the starting lineup on March 3, Stoudemire is averaging 16.9 points per game on 57 percent shooting (stats through Friday’s games).

Numbers aside, Stoudemire was disgusted at times with the Knicks' poor play. He seemed highly irritated after the team’s loss to Washington earlier this month and complained publicly about the offense after a loss in Miami.

“It’s been a tough year. It’s been a roller coaster year for us all,” he said on Sunday. “... Not making the playoffs is not an option. That’s not an option for us. We’re definitely looking to make the playoffs every year.”

It's unclear, however, if Stoudemire will be around next season. His contract expires after the 2014-15 season and could be used in a trade by new president Phil Jackson.

------------------------
    Al_Iannazzone: Woodson says blame him for Knicks missing the playoffs. Amar'e: "On paper, we might be the best team in the league." http://t.co/4eluyfBLmu

SportsNation: Amare Stoudemire said the Knicks might be the best NBA team "On Paper" What else is #GoodOnPaper? Reply w/ hashtag & we'll RT our favorites

IanBegley: Amar'e Stoudemire on the #Knicks: "On paper, we might be the best team in the league." Details here: http://t.co/tZuyy7N4rF

basketballtalk: Amar’e Stoudemire: ‘On paper, we might be the best team in the league’ http://t.co/vzKlZLSYf0
    Last edited by stefanmusic; 04-14-2014 at 01:54 PM.

vCash
    I stand by Stoudemire's comments.. This team from a talent perspective is stacked.. They just lack the intangibles.. Look at some of the big wins they've won (Indiana, Miami, Brooklyn, GS, etc).. They looked like a legit contender.. Then will turn around and get smacked by the Lakers and lose to the Bucks...
    The Dark Knight Rises to Save Gotham Once again..

vCash
    I think you're looking at this from the wrong perspective. He's essentially saying that they didn't perform up to their ability.

vCash
    If he would of made that statement LAST YEAR, then I would agree. Last year's team on paper was better than this year's team. We had Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Thomas, Steve Novak, Brewer, Copeland all outside of our current starting lineup that really helped this team with leadership, defense, points of the bench, and rebounds.

I want to agree with his statement, but on paper we are not the best team. We cut, traded, didn't resign, and lost players to retirement.

You add the Injuries, Poor Coaching, Bad Defense, Inconsistant Game play,and our wins from last year equals that of this year.

vCash
    Even if the team performed to their ability this year, the most we would of gotten is 6-8 playeroff position. This team as good as it can be, wouldn't beat Miami, or the Pacers. We need to stop being happy with just getting to the playoffs.

vCash
    who cares stat was just gassing up the reporter on paper we are a top 5 team in the league but bad coaching goes a long way we have 17 loses in games which were decided by 5 pts or fewer guess what if we won those games we'd be a 50 win team even if we won half we'd still be a top 4 team again I reiterate my point woodson is the worst coach I've seen with my own eyes and outside of the Tyson injury early on which killed us but didn't bury us woody is the only reason we were so bad I mean we beat the spurs pacers heat dam near all of the top teams in the league and then turn around and lose to teams like the bucks and sixers talent wasn't the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    Jr Smith 5 game out for 5 games for testing positive for drugs.
    Played very poorly this year and in one game this year didn't even play hard with few attempts.
    On the court antics...Need I say more?

Tyson Chandler Injured
    Missed games and also played horrible this year. No backup or leadership to fill this role. (Rasheed Wallace, Camby, Kurt Thomas)

Raymond Felton. Horrible year...
    No Jason kidd to run the offense, and we missed his 3 pt shooting
    No leadership that can run the offense

Our bench players this year outside of Tim Hardaway, couldn't put them pts up!!!!

Talent was a MAJOR problem this year bro!
    Poor Defense, Poor Rebounding, Poor Offense, Poor Shot Selection, Poor Coaching Poor Overall Play.....IT"S A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    when will these players learn that paper means jack ****. and no, the knicks are no where near the best team on paper, who other than Melo can even be considered a fringe allstar this year?

vCash
    OMG THANK U!!!! Tim Hardaway was the brightest player outside of Melo that brought it this year. Everyone else struggled horribly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    when will these players learn that paper means jack ****. and no, the knicks are no where near the best team on paper, who other than Melo can even be considered a fringe allstar this year?
    I can name at least 8-10 teams better than the Knicks on paper.

vCash
    If you don't think that this was the best roster for the knicks in a long time you don't know basketball

Felton/Udrih/Pablo
    Shumpert/Hardaway/J.R
    Melo/Metta
    Amare/Bargnani
    Tyson/Kenyon/Aldrich

This was their ultimate opportunity to go to the finals this year & Woodson blew it like i knew he would've. They got lucky last season with that great start they had & they just rode the momentum & got exposed against a Indiana team they should've beaten, **** they almost got exposed against Boston.

I'm probably of the handful of people that isn't surprised by the way Amare been playing since he been getting his minutes & if you have bargnani coming off the bench for him, how much deeper do you the knicks could have gotten ? They had the best team in the east this year, I'm tired of hearing that ******** that they have no talent, they had all the talent with a horrible coach that plays a horrible system that preaches Efense & switch every chance you get & shoot nothing but 3's.

He broke shumpert's confidence when that boy was ready to have a breakout year, he was basically trying to beat it in amaré's head that he's done, allowed j.r to do whatever he pleased once again, but once shump or Hardaway jr made a mistake or even a big superstar in this league like amaré he was ready to pull them out early, he burned melo out & made him the most predictable player in
    the league, who the hell could be clutch playing 40 minutes every night ? how many games did they lose by 5 points or less ? if they won half of those games they would be easily in the playoffs, almost contending for hone court advantage despite the bad start.

Bottom line this was a golden opportunity blown this year, this team had all the talent with a horrible coach & horrible ownership & now Phil Jackson is going to blow the team up & we're going to have to suffer next season smfh **** the knicks for blowing this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionheartc View Post
    Jr Smith 5 game out for 5 games for testing positive for drugs.
    Played very poorly this year and in one game this year didn't even play hard with few attempts.
    On the court antics...Need I say more?

Tyson Chandler Injured
    Missed games and also played horrible this year. No backup or leadership to fill this role. (Rasheed Wallace, Camby, Kurt Thomas)

Raymond Felton. Horrible year...
    No Jason kidd to run the offense, and we missed his 3 pt shooting
    No leadership that can run the offense

Our bench players this year outside of Tim Hardaway, couldn't put them pts up!!!!

Talent was a MAJOR problem this year bro!
    Poor Defense, Poor Rebounding, Poor Offense, Poor Shot Selection, Poor Coaching Poor Overall Play.....IT"S A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if that was the case we wouldn't have been in so many close games woody playing melo a league high in minute when dude is coming off of an injured shoulder woodys love fest with jr woddyslove fest with fatboy woody only running iso's woody only running iso's at the end of games woodys lack of late game management woodys out of timeout play calling woody defensive switching and the sad thing isi could keep going but you guys get it and as muc as we lack talent we were only one game from making the playoffs and winning half of our close games would have resulting in us being a top 4 seed i don't think you guys truly get it we didn't run a offensive system all year just jack up 3's and iso ntm the switching on d caused a ton of mismatches so we dam near didn't run a defensive system either that's why i said he's the worst coach ever usually a coach is either good on d or o this dude sucks at both and he doesn't know how to make adjustments and look for mismatches just recently we played the heat and he let jr shoot 22 3's he costed us the wiz game by putting melo at the 5 for no reason idc if we had kd and LeBron nobody can win when you have no structure if we had no talent we'd be right there with the bucks and sixers

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.

vCash
    who ever believes this team was talentless doesn't know basketball, & listens to espn & tnt analysts who don't like the knicks & don't even know what they're talking about

what talent does Miami have ? what talent does especially Chicago have & look at what Tibs did with that team.. If he came to coach the knicks they'd be a 65 win team EASILY.

vCash
    If you have followed stat over the years, you should know by now that he's a ******, Who believes hes smart.

The worst kind of ******.

Canelo with the nice 7 punch combination

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    If you have followed stat over the years, you should know by now that he's a ******, Who believes hes smart.

The worst kind of ******.
    lmao this had me dying

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast