Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Comparison to the Bears

For some reason, this White Sox team this year as opposed to last year draws quite a resemblance to the Bears of this year as opposed to last year. Think about it...The White Sox offense last year was abysmal, not saying the Bears offense was quite as bad but we had our stinkers of games. The only reason why we were in games last year was both the pitching for the Sox and the defense of our beloved Bears. This year the roles seem reversed. The Sox are now the leagues highest scoring, average, on-base, etc. team and the Bears were top-5 in about every offensive category. Now all of a sudden we can't pitch to save their lives just like the Bears couldn't stop the run or open-field tackle to save their lives. I've never seen so many walks issued in my entire life..we could easily be 8-5 or 9-4 if we just had a mediocre pitching staff. Just like the Bears could have cake-walked to the postseason if we just had a mediocre defense. Just my 2 cents as a disgruntled Sox/Bears fan.

vCash
    So, the Tigers are going to win the division even though Miguel Cabrera misses half the season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Impaler View Post
    Some posters like yourself don't understand how a single is better then a home run,
    #TWTW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDIsMyGod23 View Post
    So, the Tigers are going to win the division even though Miguel Cabrera misses half the season?
    lol, in theory...yes. haha

vCash
    I definitely see the similarities. We 100% need to take a close to MLB level starting pitcher in the first round of the draft. Don't want to hear any talk about high school players that won't be ready for 3 years. We need good right hander who can step in and make the rotation next year.

vCash
    Agreed, pitching should be top priority in the draft this year
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305 View Post
    I definitely see the similarities. We 100% need to take a close to MLB level starting pitcher in the first round of the draft. Don't want to hear any talk about high school players that won't be ready for 3 years. We need good right hander who can step in and make the rotation next year.
    Agreed. I wanted a bat but now seeing our teams new make up both in minors and pro level.....we need a college sp that can come in ASAP.

vCash
    We need to make a move to shore up the bullpen...that's for damn sure...I watched that game against the Red Sox the other night and what an abysmal performance...FIFTEEN WALKS! FIFTEEEN!????

Just pathetic...It really makes me wonder why traded Addison Reed for Matt Davidson...that move to me was a real head scratcher...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan1977 View Post
    We need to make a move to shore up the bullpen...that's for damn sure...I watched that game against the Red Sox the other night and what an abysmal performance...FIFTEEN WALKS! FIFTEEEN!????

Just pathetic...It really makes me wonder why traded Addison Reed for Matt Davidson...that move to me was a real head scratcher...
    Um did you think the Sox were going to be good this year? Even if they had never made the Reed/Davidson trade.

Because they weren't, there is no reason to have a closer if you are not going to be in many games to begin with. Also the Sox farm system has a lot of good young arms that will soon be ready for the majors.

If you're a young team not contending you do that trade 10/10 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan1977 View Post
    because daviodson will be an everyday player ,and probably end up being better/more valuable than reed.

vCash
    IF the offense continues to be top 5 by June and the bullpen still sucks, I really think we should consider being buyers at the trade deadline. We need two more arms for the bullpen at least, maybe we can get one of them from our farm system?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CQSox305:28344136
    IF the offense continues to be top 5 by June and the bullpen still sucks, I really think we should consider being buyers at the trade deadline. We need two more arms for the bullpen at least, maybe we can get one of them from our farm system?
    this month is basically our make or break for the season..but honestly i dont see us being buyers by any stretch of the imagination and realistically..i see Alexei being the guy to get traded..if we can get back some relief help and maybe a right-handed starter for him, that would be fantastic. which would then turn the left side of the infield to Davidson/Semien for 2015.