Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Biggest Surprises of the Season?

So what was most surprising about this past regular season? For better or for worse?

For me, I was surprised to see Dallas do as well as they did. I though the roster was decent, but I thought the signing of Monta Ellis would make them inefficient. I guess Ellis just looked bad alongside Jennings, as Josh Smith does now. And Dirk didn't slow down at all. I was expecting a dip in his level of play.

The Knicks, I didn't expect to be contenders, but neither did I expect them to be this far down in the standings. I figured they would have been a 4th seed at least.

The Raptors surprised me as well. It goes to show that addition through subtraction (Bargnani) can really improve a team.

And I think the Suns and the Trailblazers deserve a mention here.

What free agent dramatically over or under achieved? What player, or team surprised you most, either by excelling, and dropping off the face of the earth?
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Indy doing a 180 on there season, everyone thought this was a high character team that was out for blood, the media tried making Paul George to the next Kobe, Vogel was being crowned the next phil Jackson, and now there real character is showing.

Lowry...

Al Jefferson, he really played some good ball this year, incredibly underrated.

How quickly Woodson lost the team during 1 off season.

Plumlee & Hardaway outproduced there draft spots.

Uhh, thats it for now.

vCash
    Oden is looking like he could still be a role player. I genuinely thought he was finished.

Rookie head coach Jeff Hornacek turned scrubs into role players, role players into starting caliber players and starting caliber players into all star snubs.

The Raptors.

Brooklyn turning it around.

Deng being traded surprised me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    Jeff Teague treading water and not taking a step forward.
    Cavs, NY and Detroit missing the playoffs. Charlotte, Atlanta and Toronto making it.
    Pau gasol still being a laker.
    Twolves not being in the playoff hunt.

vCash
    Surprised the Suns aren't at the top of this list for everyone. Especially with the injury to Bledsoe that cost him close to half the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Surprised the Suns aren't at the top of this list for everyone. Especially with the injury to Bledsoe that cost him close to half the season.
    Thats because no one cares about the suns, sorry Brah.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Thats because no one cares about the suns, sorry Brah.
    Ha, then the thread title def should be changed to 'Biggest surprises that people care about'.
    Indy's plummet should be up there but is Dallas reaching the playoffs really a shock? They have a solid foundation and a team full of vets.

vCash
    Was anyone really surprised by New York? It seemed like they were built to fail. Knicks suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash

Biggest Surprises of the Season?

It's easily the suns. They were pegged as a potential lottery winner , but instead they can make the playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Indy doing a 180 on there season, everyone thought this was a high character team that was out for blood, the media tried making Paul George to the next Kobe, Vogel was being crowned the next phil Jackson, and now there real character is showing.

Lowry...

Al Jefferson, he really played some good ball this year, incredibly underrated.

How quickly Woodson lost the team during 1 off season.

Plumlee & Hardaway outproduced there draft spots.

Uhh, thats it for now.

They outproduced the entire draft. Plumlee could very well be the ROY this year, considering how "meh" and unspectacular MCW, Oladip and Giannis have been as of late.

vCash
    How about this one: The Jazz rank #12 in terms of attendance this year, despite being the 4th worst team in the NBA. That ranks them ahead of teams like the: Pacers, Rockets, Celtics, Nets.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    bulls surviving with Rose out and Deng traded,

Raptors playing as well as they have

Knicks missing the playoffs to me was a surprise.

Noah playing as well as he has, and being in MVP mentioning ( wont win it obviously, but its the thought that counts)

Bobcats turning themselves around,

Cavs, just Cavs in general

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    -Miami not even cracking 60 wins in joke conference. They should've easily ran away from everyone instead they're only 7 games better than the Bulls.

-Paul George folding under media scrutiny, and Indy nose diving.

-Phillys epic tanking while Phoenix and ATL actually tried and had seasons to be proud of.

- Kevin Love still not making the playoffs after being heralded as "the best PF in the game."

-LAmarcus Aldridge taking Portland on a serious run.

-Jim Buss being so stubborn and arrogant he lets Phil walk to New York..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Ha, then the thread title def should be changed to 'Biggest surprises that people care about'.
    Indy's plummet should be up there but is Dallas reaching the playoffs really a shock? They have a solid foundation and a team full of vets.
    Yeah, Im nit hating boon phx, they did well, and deserve there playoff spot, they just don't get any coverage and don't have the kind if big names you need to get media attention. Do something in the playoffs and people will pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    -Miami not even cracking 60 wins in joke conference. They should've easily ran away from everyone instead they're only 7 games better than the Bulls.

-Paul George folding under media scrutiny, and Indy nose diving.

-Phillys epic tanking while Phoenix and ATL actually tried and had seasons to be proud of.

- Kevin Love still not making the playoffs after being heralded as "the best PF in the game."

-LAmarcus Aldridge taking Portland on a serious run.

-Jim Buss being so stubborn and arrogant he lets Phil walk to New York..
    Kevin love and minny not making playoffs shouldn't be surprise, it fits his career path perfectly. Who in NBA history has had more excuses than klove? Finally, maybe, the rest of the world will realize, his stats are crap. He's the new Derrick Coleman. Every damn season, I have to listen to all the stat experts and geniuses on this forum tell me how minny is bound for some breakout season, by mid season the excuses are 10x worse than then last season.

As for Miami, why should they care about 60 wins? Pointless.
    Last edited by AddiX; 04-13-2014 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Miami not even cracking 60 wins in joke conference. They should've easily ran away from everyone instead they're only 7 games better than the Bulls.
    I mean, Wade missed a **** ton of games, they started 19 different starting lineups, they had very little consistency all year and they have nothing to prove in the regular season any more. I'm not too surprised.

Paul George folding under media scrutiny, and Indy nose diving.
    People who were smart enough not to crown PG too early will be feeling fine right now. If anything is a surprise about that it's the eagerness of which people had to crown him before he deserved it. Indy nose diving is a bit surprising, but they've shown they can flip a switch in the playoffs. We'll see.

Phillys epic tanking while Phoenix and ATL actually tried and had seasons to be proud of.
    Philly being terrible surprised people? The only reason ATL was ever in jeopardy was the Horford injury. With him they were a ~ top-4 team in the East. PHX is the surprise of the year, IMO.

Kevin Love still not making the playoffs after being heralded as "the best PF in the game."
    Dumb comment.

LAmarcus Aldridge taking Portland on a serious run.
    Dumb comment. You clearly do a poor job of distinguishing between individuals and team success.

Jim Buss being so stubborn and arrogant he lets Phil walk to New York..
    We're surprised by Jimbaco's incompetence still?

PHX is the season's top surprise.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast