Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Re Signing Hawes a Priority

Spencer Hawes will be the "main priority" for the Cavaliers in free agency this summer, according to Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"Assuming [GM David Griffin] remains the general manager, he will make a strong push to keep the center," Pluto writes. "Griffin values big men who can pass and shoot. In fact, the Cavs have been asking Hawes to shoot even more." Hawes is averaging a career-high 14.1 points and 1.8 threes per game since joining the Cavaliers, to go along with 7.6 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 blocks.
    Rotoworld.com

vCash
    If he is their #1 priority, I change my vote on the '14-'15 playoff thread to a NO. He is definitely someone that I would love to see stick in Cleveland, BUT...to say that he is THE main priority with all of the MAJOR upgrades that could potentially be out there??? I certainly hope that the quote was taken out of context!

vCash
    Well saying "#1 priority" can be pretty subjective. It could very well mean he's the #1 priority of the potential free agents from our team and who he values the most. I also think writers like to throw out definitive terms like #1 priority for a headline grab and attention. The way I view it though is Hawes is Griffin's major priority to bring back in the sense that Hawes is his guy. He traded for him because he plays the style of basketball he values. He loves floor spacing and ball movement and those are areas that Hawes excels in. I take this as more of Hawes is the main priority to bring back rather than Deng. That may just be me though.

vCash
    Stay far away from deng. Not worth half the money he'll get.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90