Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: If Klay had been our sixth man we would have...

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Won more games.

2 66.67%
  • Won less games.

1 33.33%
  • About the same.

0 0%
  • Dubs for 2013-14 western conference champs!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Barnes vs Klay as sixth man, would we be better or worse?

Personally, I think I already know the answer to this. But I was flicking through the old thread we had in the offseason discussing who would be the better sixth man and it got me thinking, early on in the season, with Douglas etc coming off the bench, if Klay had been the sixth man as opposed to Barnes, would it have made a difference? A lot of those games were lost due to a lack of scring from the bench. Would Klay have changed that?

Or do you think it would have made things worse by having Barnes in the starting unit?

Curry - Dre - Barnes - Lee - Bogut

Douglas - Klay - Green - Speights - O'Neal

Obviously we can't discuss the lack luster bench at the start of the season without mentioning Jacksons decision to sub in the entire bench unit simultaneously instead of mixing and matching. But casting that aside for a minute, how do you think having Klay come off the bench would have changed things?

Personally I think it would have made things worse, but I'm interested to see what the majority on here think.

vCash
    I think starting Green and having Lee score off the bench would have been better.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    We are pretty good with Green in the starting lineup, however we miss Lee's rebounding.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    We are pretty good with Green in the starting lineup, however we miss Lee's rebounding.
    actually- I thought green was rebounding decently up until the denver game and speights was rebounding great off the bench. The denver game wasnt an inability to rebound as much as it was lack of effort by all 5 guys on the floor. they were getting outworked. There was a situation where denver got 5 attempts in one trip down and guys like randy foye and fourneir were coming up with in close rebounds.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    actually- I thought green was rebounding decently up until the denver game and speights was rebounding great off the bench. The denver game wasnt an inability to rebound as much as it was lack of effort by all 5 guys on the floor. they were getting outworked. There was a situation where denver got 5 attempts in one trip down and guys like randy foye and fourneir were coming up with in close rebounds.
    it's not uncommon for a point guard to get a rebound. curry got a triple double yesterday.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    it's not uncommon for a point guard to get a rebound. curry got a triple double yesterday.
    Rondo, Kidd, Westbrook, Rubio, CP3.

There's a lot of very solid rebounding point guards, rebounding is about timing and positioning as much as it's about height and strength.

vCash
    It is uncommon for a guard to get his own missed shot when two opposing big men are currently in the lane. (One of those big men is Andrew Bogut who says he wants to be helping the team on the boards). As somebody who has played basketball- regardless of whether you think its possible- It's not something the coach of the big men is going to be happy about. In this play- it literally happened twice in less than 15 seconds.

The point is- people are saying we were being hurt on the boards because we were missing david lee. They outrebounded us by 25 boards, its very unlikely that a 25 rebound differential is caused by missing one guy!! I would attribute the rebounding more to effort accross the line up. Denver was working harder to get rebounds... and I used the guards of denver getting 2 rebounds in the lane over 2 of our big men to illustrate the fact that it wasnt that we didnt have the size to rebound- warriors werent working hard enough for a team that actually had something to play for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Rondo, Kidd, Westbrook, Rubio, CP3.

There's a lot of very solid rebounding point guards, rebounding is about timing and positioning as much as it's about height and strength.
    I would go a step further- I actually think rebounding in general is MORE about timing and position than size and strength. I dont think rodman's size or strength was overwelming.

In the case I was talking about- when a guard is going in grabbing his own rebound on a shot in the lane over 2 of the warriors bigs(meaning it wasnt a jump shot that happened to bounce back out to him)- I would attribute that to the guard just working harder. He didnt have great position because he shot it, he wasnt bigger or stronger than either- just worked harder

vCash
    Or...balls take a bad bounce after the shot. So you're positioning doesnt always matter.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    The Ezeli factor is huge for the Dubs, O'Neal without a doubt is an asset despite his best being behind him. However with Festus as an anchor on 'D'... when Festus comes back into the lineup i wud like to see both together in the lineup. In such a scenario O'neal wud have more legs to contribute offensively ... add to that Green a 3 point threat and Barnes as a slasher as well a decent jumper (if he can get his confidence back). The final piece to the puzzle is Blake and Crawford and their ability to contribute 7-9 points.

I am focussed on offense as i am certain the 'D' will be ok ....

vCash
    Or...balls take a bad bounce after the shot. So you're positioning doesnt always matter.
    ok, well then its no big deal. Im sure the nuggets outrebounded the warriors by 25 because there were a lot of bad bounces. No biggie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I would go a step further- I actually think rebounding in general is MORE about timing and position than size and strength. I dont think rodman's size or strength was overwelming.

In the case I was talking about- when a guard is going in grabbing his own rebound on a shot in the lane over 2 of the warriors bigs(meaning it wasnt a jump shot that happened to bounce back out to him)- I would attribute that to the guard just working harder. He didnt have great position because he shot it, he wasnt bigger or stronger than either- just worked harder
    Lee is one of the best at rebounding cause of his anticipation under the basket but if he didn't get as many or more rebounds (if he had played) in the Denver game, it doesn't mean he didn't put as much effort as Mozgov.

I would pay big money to see you tell Lee of his lack of effort to his face unless you don't like to be choke with effort on the spot.
    Last edited by eDush; 04-12-2014 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Lee is one of the best at rebounding cause of his anticipation under the basket but if he didn't get as many or more rebounds (if he had played) in the Denver game, it doesn't mean he didn't put as much effort as Mozgov.

I would pay big money to see you tell Lee of his lack of effort to his face unless you don't like to be choke with effort on the spot.
    what does what I said have to do with David Lee?

the 25 rebound differential in the nuggets game was an indicator of the nuggets out working the warriors.

vCash
    It's less about actually rebounding and more about boxing out.

vCash
    Sorry it doesn't now that I reread this post but could have replied to most of your other postings and it would fit right in. One team normally out work another team in games but to accuse our team of lack of effort or don't care about winning this season is crossing the line unless you're not a fan of the Warriors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast