Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockets issues right now ........................

I know we are without Bev and Howard not trying to rush Bev back but im just wondering when Howard is going to play I mean they are saying they want to give them PT before the playoffs and but with 3 games left how much rust can you knock off ..... these last 4 games have been brutal to watch on the Defensive side Rockets defense was ranked 9th before Howard and Bev went down ..... Another highlight is McHale playing Parson and harden 40min why are we over running them so much I feel that at some point they will get gassed by McHale running them into the ground it not panic time sense they are not healthy but im sure not confident in them right now especially if Howard and bev are just gonna suit up for the playoffs without any Prep

I forgot to mention all the Turnovers too

ur thoughts?

vCash
    To they seem complacent. They know who their facing and counting down the days until the playoffs.

vCash
    im hoping this is a wake up call atleast for them to go hard the next 2 games *Assuming Portland beat the warriors* they need to come out and put the pelicans away early tomorrow and hope the Warriors take care of the Blazers sunday and they may still get a week off of rest

vCash
    The thing is that the Rockets actually don't have to win a single game to lock up the 4 seed. Portland just has to lose to the Warriors and Clippers, which is totally feasible. And even if Portland passes them, it's not going to change who they play in the postseason. But the way Houston has played the last week has been seriously disconcerting. Their offense has been fine and has kept them in games, but they're playing truly horrid on defense. They haven't held a team to less than 100 points in forever, and they're giving up 110+ to bad basketball teams.

I will say this much, though. Houston's schedule may have seemed easy lately, but they have been playing way too much basketball. Tonight's game will be the 8th game they've played in 12 days with three back-to-backs in that same time span. That's a rough schedule for anyone, especially considering 5 of their last 7 have been on the road and they've pretty much traveled the globe at this point in April.

But Houston needs to get Beverley and Dwight back very, very soon to start developing a rhythm entering the playoffs. Tonight would be a good time for those two to come back, because even with San Antonio likely to sit many of its starters in a couple of nights and Portland having a tough schedule, it's important they win a game or two down the stretch and remember how to play defense.

vCash
    The sky is falling!

Okay, not just yet. I agree with everything you guys said. My biggest question is why they played parsons and harden so much last night? They really wanted to win? I guess. Just one win would make it likely that the rockets got the fourth seed.

They had better rest them some more tonight. Esp parsons with his back problems from earlier in the year...

vCash
    They're playing 2012-13 Howard and Beverley-less basketball. It just goes to show how important those two guys are. We're giving up almost 116 points a night in 8 games without both of them, that's just ridiculous.

We SHOULD not have problems in two games against a Holliday, Gordon and Davis-less Pelicans team, but we also shouldn't have had problems against a T-Wolves team missing their three best players, and yet we found a way to let a 10-point guy score 51. San Antonio could also rest everybody.

Considering how good we have been at home, and not so much on the road, 4th seed and HCA is a must.

On positive notes though, Parsons seems to be back on track after a rough stretch, averaging 19/5.5/4.5 over his last 10. And, please, take a look at Harden's numbers. He's been just awesome. Three 30 and 10 games over his last 5. 29 and 8 with 5.5 rebounds over his last 10. Just fantastic. He's averaging 28/7/5 on 48%/43%/87% shooting after the All-Star break. Definitely 1st Team All-Pro Guard.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash

I think Asik has proven he's just a back up. He's no defensive anchor. Cory brewer scored 51 points . 51! Who was guarding him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    I think Asik has proven he's just a back up. He's no defensive anchor. Cory brewer scored 51 points . 51! Who was guarding him?
    Certainly not Asik.

Asik has averaged 11+ and 15+ in just over 31 minutes since Howard went down. That's not only starting-caliber numbers for a center, but that's easily top-15, at least, and most likely top-10. If you watch the games, you will se we're just getting killed on the perimeter. I didn't start watching last night's game until the end of the game when I got home, but the three games before this one (all three the Rockets gave up more than 120 points), it was just open three after open three on defense.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    im just wondering I know why its taking so long for howard to come back I mean I understand Patrick Bev ....but im wondering is his ankle injury more serve then they are letting on I understand getting ready for the playoffs and being healthy but with him being out its forcing Parons and Harden to play more minutes and do more heavy lifting which could lead to one of them getting hurt ...lets be serious most players are no 100%

Howard needs to ball in the playoffs since he been sitting out this long and should be rested

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farren.louis View Post
    Oh my lord you are not very smart are you... Look at Asik's numbers as a starter since the Dwight injury. He proved last year he was a defensive anchor as we were the worst team defensively in the league with him out of the game.

vCash
    I just wish we could eliminate the 3rd Quarter slump that we've been suffering from for ages. Also I just wish that when we have some one shooting poorly that they'd stop shooting us into a loss.