Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Cavs make the playoffs next season?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 70.00%
  • No

3 30.00%
    vCash

Will the Cavs make the playoffs in 2014-15?

I think it's a fair question?

vCash
    I voted no. I don't believe they will have any great offseason signings. I think Gilbert meddles and overvalues this "Core." I don't believe in the way this team drafts players (even though that idiot Grant is gone). I think they win 35 games next year. I also think the east will be stronger with less tankers next year.

vCash
    I said yes....because, sooner or later, don't they HAVE to sneak in??? Tough question to really answer without seeing the moves to be made, but....the law of averages say that they will get in.

vCash
    It's tough to answer without knowing how the off-season will play out or where we end up in the lottery but I voted yes. We have two young dynamic guards who have shown signs of wanting to get better at playing with one another. If they can grow not only on the court but more so off the court in terms of maturity and selflessness then there's no telling just how good they can be together. I think the biggest factor is going to be Bennett. He has so much talent and potential he just has to get out of his own head. If Mike Brown stays on I worry about him harming Bennett's development. Hopefully that's not the case but it's easily my biggest fear with this team. I think TT needs to be moved to the bench and be the 3rd big next year and I'm interested to see how hard they go after Deng and Hawes in free agency. I do believe Hawes will be back and I'm thinking that Deng may not end up having the market he thinks he will which could make things interesting.

This off-season is crucial in many areas. It could make us a lot better and more well rounded or it could blow the nucleus of the current team up completely. I understand why some are having major doubts but I am approaching it with an optimistic view. The potential for growth among our players is huge and certainly good enough to make the playoffs as is. We've seen signs this year when this team clicks just how tough they can be. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we just a shade below .500 since Grant got fired? That's a decent sample size at this point. We all know the team still hasn't even played up to their abilities completely in that stretch as well. This is a very young team and once things finally click, assuming they at some point do, we can be very scary. I think we'll make some moves to make us a more dangerous team and I see us going to the playoffs next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton:28306286
    I voted no. I don't believe they will have any great offseason signings. I think Gilbert meddles and overvalues this "Core." I don't believe in the way this team drafts players (even though that idiot Grant is gone). I think they win 35 games next year. I also think the east will be stronger with less tankers next year.
    Lol the gilbert part is stupid. He's said over and over he will do whatever it takes. But for us to contend I think.

1. hawes needs to be resigned.

2. we need a good SF. Hoping for a great one to return but if not someone like Gordon from utah would be nice.

3. Kyrie needs to step-up and lead on a consistant basis.

4. Continue improvement from young guys waiters, TT, Zeller and most importantly Bennett.

5. Solid draft where we can get someone who can contribute something.

To win a ship? We def need a superstar.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    For sure they will now maybe even get to finals

vCash
    Where the hell did this thread come from LOL.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I'm very happy I voted yes earlier on this

vCash
    I, too...voted yes!!!

vCash
    Well I'm flip flopping. I hope everyone understands I made this thread before Brown was fired, before we landed the #1 pick, before Irving signed a max deal and BEFORE THE KING RETURNED HOME!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well I'm flip flopping. I hope everyone understands I made this thread before Brown was fired, before we landed the #1 pick, before Irving signed a max deal and BEFORE THE KING RETURNED HOME!
    I enjoyed going through your thread here.

Your second post was classic. I think before LeBron,
    if we resigned Hawes, with the draft pick of Wiggins.

I would put that Cavaliers team around a 40 win team.