Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Defensive Slippage

Over the past 12 games...

Opp FG% - 47.1% - lowest among playoff bound teams

Drtg - 105.5 - 3rd lowest among playoff bound teams, followed Dallas & Brooklyn

Are you concerned about this teams defensive performance heading into postseason?

vCash
    The short answer is yes. I certainly am concerned with the lack of consistency on the defensive end. I'm hoping to see see some positive signs in that regard over the final 4 games.

vCash
    No, I know a healthy Amir will be the difference.

vCash
    It is a bit of a concern when you let teams like the sixers score 114 points and we all know raptors are capable of playing better defense than that. I hope Casey really gets through to them. Raptors won't have much success in the playoffs, if they don't get back to their tenacious defensive ways. Also like B2B pointed out, healthy amir would boost our defense.

vCash
    once our two starters return, healthy and rested I think that D will be more like its been for the better part of the season/ post rudy trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B2B View Post
    agreed, i think we win 2night's game with a healthy amir to guard STAT who killed us inside.

But certainly the defense in this last stretch of games is concerning because we may start bad habits before going into the playoffs. hopefully we have some good defensive efforts b4 the playoffs start.
    Last edited by Abdul Mutalib; 04-11-2014 at 10:44 PM.

vCash
    Amir will be essential. Look at tonight. The thing about a team built on chemistry is that's the falloff is shockingly bad when any important piece is missing.
    Last edited by ink; 04-11-2014 at 11:53 PM.

vCash
    +1

vCash
    I was wrong about Patrick Patterson being better Defensive player then Amir Johnson,I really believe his the reason for the slippage,once Amir is at 100 percent health and rotation is tighten 2 a 8 player,u won't c that many defensive issues,hopefully.

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    its been on the guards not the bigs in my opinion. alot of blow buys every game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    +1
    any news about amir's return?

vCash

Defensive Slippage

Amir played last game.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Amir played last game.
    I'm assuming here that you're referring to the 108 points put up by NY, with Amirs return?.

Amir played only 17mins, was +7

Derozan -16
    Ross -15
    Lowry -8
    Jonas +5

Johnson subbed out for good at the 7min mark 3rd Q in favor of Patterson (60-56) Raptors lead. 56 points allowed in 29 mins, with Amir in the fold..

From that point to the end of game Knick's out scored TO (52-40). They put up 52 points/19mins in comparison.

When Amir left 5 mins into the 3rd almost half way mark of the Q Knicks had only 9 of their 33 points that Q. They followed that up with a 30 pt 4th Q.

I continue to be amazed by people who want to replace Amir's role on this team.

Amir is the difference in the defensive slippage, he's not easily replaceable/upgraded.

Only reason to move Amir IMO, is for a rebuild/getting younger.

vCash
    I'm assuming here that you're referring to the 108 points put up by NY, with Amirs return?.

Amir played only 17mins, was +7

Derozan -16
    Ross -15
    Lowry -8
    Jonas +5

Johnson subbed out for good at the 7min mark 3rd Q in favor of Patterson (60-56) Raptors lead. 56 points allowed in 29 mins, with Amir in the fold..

From that point to the end of game Knick's out scored TO (52-40). They put up 52 points/19mins in comparison.

When Amir left 5 mins into the 3rd almost half way mark of the Q Knicks had only 9 of their 33 points that Q. They followed that up with a 30 pt 4th Q.

I continue to be amazed by people who want to replace Amir's role on this team.

Amir is the difference in the defensive slippage, he's not easily replaceable/upgraded.

Only reason to move Amir IMO, is for a rebuild/getting younger.
    I was replying to Douac4's question.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    not concerned with slippage. seepage is a totally different story
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast