Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Eagles made offer for Dion Jordan... what do you guys think?

According to the Delaware County Times, the Eagles "made an offer" for Dolphins DE/OLB Dion Jordan earlier this offseason.
    Reporter Bob Grotz's report is via a "respected NFL source." Per Grotz, the Eagles were "said to have included" Brandon Graham and a second-round pick. It's not surprising that wasn't enough for a player who was the No. 3 overall pick of last year's draft. It's also not surprising Chip Kelly is (reportedly) interested in reuniting with a player he coached at Oregon. Jordan would be a strong fit for Kelly's attacking 3-4 defense, but he'll almost certainly remain in Miami.
    -Rotoworld

Wanted to see what everyone's opinion on trading away Jordan would be. I heard that we are apparently trying to hold off for Graham and the 22nd pick in this years draft vs the 2nd round pick.

I personally think we'd be giving up on him wayyy too quick, but I'm guessing the new FO doesn't see what Ireland saw last year. Which is understandable, seeing how Ireland was a jack***.

vCash
    I would not do it for the 2nd round pick either

vCash
    Would have been a terrible trade... being he was a top 5 pick and they made the playoffs... I want a 1st rounder and a middle of the road starter.

I would have taken
    Djax, 1st rounder and late rounder

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leroyp33 View Post
    Would have been a terrible trade... being he was a top 5 pick and they made the playoffs... I want a 1st rounder and a middle of the road starter.

I would have taken
    Djax, 1st rounder and late rounder
    no way we would get even close to all that.

vCash
    Not sure it matters where Dion was drafted. Brandon Graham was a 1st rounder, 13th overall but we're practically considering him a throw-in.

We could argue that Graham hasn't shown much, but they could argue that Dion couldn't win playing time ahead of an average backup like Derrick Shelby. Dion obviously has more upside, but they're offering a 2nd in a very deep draft.

This may have been considered a reasonable starting offer (we'd still need more) if not for the financial side of it. When you factor in the cap hit, doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Sparky; 04-11-2014 at 09:10 PM.

vCash
    This thing just won't die.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Philly Mag doesn't believe the Dion Jordan-to-Eagles trade talks are "dead" and thinks OLB/DE Brandon Graham and the No. 22 overall pick would get it done.
    We don't doubt the 22nd pick in May's draft alone would net the Eagles Jordan. But we do doubt the Eagles would part with the pick in the deal. A report surfaced on Thursday that Philadelphia offered Graham and its second-round pick to Miami in exchange for last year's No. 3 overall pick. Both coach Chip Kelly and vice president of player personnel Tom Gamble are said to "covet" Jordan.
    -Rotoworld

If they really want him, they will give up more.

I'll strongly consider the trade IF they include their 22nd pick.

vCash
    I'd take 22nd overall for Dion if it wasn't for the $10m cap hit (from what I understand).

Even so, if we could free up enough extra cap space to swallow that (maybe cap cut Misi and/or Matt Moore), then it might be worth it.

This draft is loaded. And I hate to say it but all our hopes for Dion are just hopes.......he really didn't show much at all last year......he wouldn't be the first ridiculously athletic DE to bust if he did..............see Jets 6th overall pick Vernon Gholston.

With 19 and 22.........we'd have so many options..........trade up a bit for Jake Matthews.........or just sit tight and get..........

1a.) CJ Mosley (let's assume Zach Martin and Lewan are gone)
    1b.) XSF

or

1a.) Zach Martin (if he makes it)
    1b.) ASJ
    2.) Jarvis Landry (Mayock sold me on him)
    3.) Billy Turner

Or imagine these two guys playing next to each other..........

1a.) CJ Moseley
    1b.) Ryan Shazier

You get the idea..........can just go BPA with one first rounder and worry about OL help with the other.........so flexible with two firsts...........
    Last edited by Sparky; 04-12-2014 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    dont trade him

vCash
    for those that want to, Omar put up an article '10 reasons why trading dion jordan is dumb' I didnt read it but thats cuz I know its dumb. For those of you entertaining this BS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatBBall View Post
    no way we would get even close to all that.
    Yeah that was excessive. I think 22nd overall (just their 1st).

Or..........maybe..........their 2nd this year plus their 2nd from last year: TE Zach Ertz.

Ertz seemed to be coming on late last year. And he fills a need for us at TE. Sure as hell would temp me more than Brandon Graham. Even then, I don't think that would be enough considering the money side of the equation. Maybe their 2nd, 4th and Ertz.......something like that.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Testino23 View Post
    for those that want to, Omar put up an article '10 reasons why trading dion jordan is dumb' I didnt read it but thats cuz I know its dumb. For those of you entertaining this BS
    Just read his article.......good points.........he's only missing one thing.......the risk that if Dion has another busty-looking season this year, then he'll never carry this kind of trade value again.

vCash
    They should move one of the d ends while they have value.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Only way I'm trading Jordan is for a young starter on his rookie deal that fits our system and is not a gang banger.

vCash
    To tell the truth I'd be all in with sending Dion to them for the 22nd pick and Graham. Only issue I have with it really is Graham is in his last year of his deal. I'm also a Michigan fan and you can never have enough Wolverines

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast