Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is Michael Pineda using pine tar?

Eye on Baseball ‏@EyeOnBaseball 1h
    PHOTOS: Is Michael Pineda using pine tar to shut down Red Sox? http://cbsprt.co/1sISoAh via @cbssports
    https://twitter.com/search?q=pine%20tar&src=typd

vCash
    The yankees broadcasters mentioned it too. To me there is no doubt that it is pine tar. They even pointed out after that it wasn't on his palm/wrist anymore. Immediatly after that I noticed it out the outside of his forearm and watched him rub it. I'm sure many pitchers do it but that was blatantly obvious. I believe it was Michael kay that mentioned that Buchholz hair hasn't dried all game as if he was hinting at something there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JdKing7 View Post
    The yankees broadcasters mentioned it too. To me there is no doubt that it is pine tar. They even pointed out after that it wasn't on his palm/wrist anymore. Immediatly after that I noticed it out the outside of his forearm and watched him rub it. I'm sure many pitchers do it but that was blatantly obvious. I believe it was Michael kay that mentioned that Buchholz hair hasn't dried all game as if he was hinting at something there.
    Buchholz dumps water on his head in between each inning. He's literally done it for years. This is a known fact.

vCash
    Thought it was kind of odd how much control he had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Thought it was kind of odd how much control he had.
    He had great control in his first start.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Lester's mysterious green substance, Buccholz has a past with this and wets his hair every inning. Still doesn't make it right but pretty much everyone does something. Even David Cone admitted he's used it. Either way Pineda looked good tonight, and he needs to hide that pine tar a little better also.

Not a big deal here although people will probably make it out to be since it's the yankees. This will blow over like Game 1 of the WS last year with Lester. If the sox came out to complain the yankees would have just done it with Buccholz the next inning. Would have been cool for the rivalry but oh well, good night for baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Squibble Squabble

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Buchholz dumps water on his head in between each inning. He's literally done it for years. This is a known fact.
    Yeah and all I was saying was that is what HE said. Im a Yankee fan and i clearly stated he had pine tar on his hand so clearly I don't really care either way. It's part of the game, has been and will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    He did it last start too I thought?

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsalami View Post
    He did it last start too I thought?
    I referring to NateyB24 being surprised with his control. If he is using something in all his starts then the control in this start should not be surprising.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    homie it is known that Clay and Lester have done this. It is known in baseball circles that Bucholz puts pinetar in his hair. Your broadcast team broke a baseball no no. There is unwritten rules, and now they're opening up something they don't want to open.
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 04-10-2014 at 11:06 PM.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo 2m
    Umpire crew chief Brian O’Nora on Pineda’s hand: “The Red Sox didn’t bring it to our attention so there’s nothing we can do about it.”

vCash
    Infact Jon Lester was caught in the playoffs w/ this stuff http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/cZDucw8w_So/maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by KniCks4LiFe; 04-10-2014 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees 1903 View Post
    He used pine tar in his first start too(I remember seeing the same substance on his hand in hist first start), but again to me it's not a big deal. Others do it all the time.
    Carlos Beltran 2014 Stats:
    33 Games | .307 wOBA | .240 BABIP | 5 HRs | 14 Runs | 15 RBIs

vCash
    http://i57.tinypic.com/242c0uo.jpg - Lester playoffs

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zgycxu.jpg - Rogers playoffs

http://i57.tinypic.com/546jjn.jpg - Bucholz against the Blue Jays

Your pitchers do it too. Yes even you people passing through this thread. They all do it. Batters don't even have much of an issue w/ it. They call it out to freeze a pitcher most the time.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast