Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Superstars at their worst

When dissecting a players legacy, you take the good with the ugly. This thread is devoted to the ugly, what are the darkest of turd stains in otherwise illustrious careers?

Bron and Kobe are obvious targets but I challenge you guys to name other players, what was the most crippling loss for say Paul Pierce, Duncan, Shaq, KG, Hakeem, if any such loss really exists. Feel free to bring up any example of a superstar falling woefully short of his own expectations, trying to see who got locked up or choked the hardest.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Duncan- Last year, he missed that lay in in Game 7

Pierce- That year before they got KG/Allen, where it looked like the team was going to crumble, and he wanted out.

Shaq- The Kobe/Shaq issues. That team could have won titles well into the 2000s if those two were able to tolerate each other.

On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

vCash
    Vince Carter when he gave up on the Raptors and threw in the towel

Kiki Vandeweghe when he refused to play for Dallas

Steve Francis when 'God's will' didnt allow him to play in Vancouver and the distance to his hometown of Maryland (when Houston really isnt THAT much closer)
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    Michael Jordan playing baseball?

vCash
    I will mention other players, but I'll start with Kobe.

Obviously, the loss to the Detroit Pistons. Prince bothered him, and there was crazy pressure on the Lakers that year with the star-studded lineup. But Kobe missed shot after shot. They should've at least won two games. Also game 7 against the Suns. He just gave up. I can't blame him much due to the crappy team, but it's rare for a guy like Kobe to just say "Screw it."

Alright...

LeBron James
    The Cavaliers should've won at least a game against the Spurs.

Dirk Nowitzki
    When the underdog Golden State Warriors upset the #1 seeded Dallas in the first round.

James Harden
    Disappearing in the finals against the Miami Heat. The dude is crazy now, but where the hell was he?

She can turn my "Paige" anytime!

vCash
    Pippen- Game 3 of the conference finals Phil drew up a play to gave Toni Kukoc the game winning shot and Pippen pouted and refused to go in.

Isiah- Not being a member of the dream team and everyone hating him

Wade- getting swept by the Bulls the year after winning a title

Bosh- First season with Miami where he was the scapegoat and his heavy drop in production was least expected

Dirk- getting swept by Goldenstate as the #1 seed in the first round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Duncan- Last year, he missed that lay in in Game 7

Pierce- That year before they got KG/Allen, where it looked like the team was going to crumble, and he wanted out.

Shaq- The Kobe/Shaq issues. That team could have won titles well into the 2000s if those two were able to tolerate each other.
    I guess that speaks to how high Duncan has set the standards, a game where he played great despite being well past his prime was considered his most crippling loss.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash

Superstars at their worst

T-Mac

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I guess that speaks to how high Duncan has set the standards, a game where he played great despite being well past his prime was considered his most crippling loss.
    Someone correct me here if I'm wrong but didn't he get bounced out of the 1st round 2 years in a row?

vCash
    T-Mac.... See below

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    I will mention other players, but I'll start with Kobe.

Obviously, the loss to the Detroit Pistons. Prince bothered him, and there was crazy pressure on the Lakers that year with the star-studded lineup. But Kobe missed shot after shot. They should've at least won two games. Also game 7 against the Suns. He just gave up. I can't blame him much due to the crappy team, but it's rare for a guy like Kobe to just say "Screw it."

Alright...

LeBron James
    The Cavaliers should've won at least a game against the Spurs.

Dirk Nowitzki
    When the underdog Golden State Warriors upset the #1 seeded Dallas in the first round.

James Harden
    Disappearing in the finals against the Miami Heat. The dude is crazy now, but where the hell was he?
    that wasn't his low point of his career. The series against Dallas was worse in terms of his overall contribution to their result imo.

His Cleveland team had no business getting to the Finals in the first place.

vCash
    is Jordans low point losing against the Magic in 1995? i think so man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    that wasn't his low point of his career. The series against Dallas was worse in terms of his overall contribution to their result imo.

His Cleveland team had no business getting to the Finals in the first place.
    They actually had a decent squad that season. The East was also faltering with Detroit declining as well so they actually did belong in the Finals. They just met up a very experienced Spurs team.

vCash
    How was Duncan went they lost to the 8 seed Grizz?

Dirk vs GSW is an obvious choice. Kobe vs Detroit. LeBron vs Dallas.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    They actually had a decent squad that season. The East was also faltering with Detroit declining as well so they actually did belong in the Finals. They just met up a very experienced Spurs team.
    I don't think anyone expected Cleveland to get there however (that year). It was more sad seeing Lebron playing without the energy we usually see from him. You can give kudos to the Mavs defense or blame it on him being tired or him not focussed enough to get over the hump.

Cleveland was his first trip there so its kinda nerve racking. and the Spurs were still good back then (as well as today!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast