Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who goes to the Finals?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spurs win in 6 or 7

5 83.33%
  • Thunder win in 6 or 7

1 16.67%
  • Spurs win in 4 or 5

0 0%
  • Thunder win in 4 or 5

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Potential WCF: OKC Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs

Today on First Take, OKC was Skip & Stephen A's new favorite to win the west. They certainly had an impressive win in LA last night, but to hear Skip dismiss his Spurs makes for a good laugh.

Sure, KD can "pull up from thirty!" so the Spurs will have to man up on him and can't afford to back off him like they did against the Heat last season, but no way would it be an easy series for OKC to win.

I think it could go either way, even without injuries being a factor, and I think the Spurs would somehow figure out how to handle RW & KD better than they have so far. If not then that is all she wrote.

Outside of RW & KD, OKC doesn't have as many weapons as the Spurs do. Would you agree with this? Popovich has them playing great team ball, and the likes of Bellinelli or Green might go off for one game or so, with Leonard guarding KD. The Spurs would likely have home court advantage (as they currently have a 3 game lead on OKC).

What do you think? I certainly hope it happens, and both teams get this far as the WCF is the only way they would face off due to the bracket order.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 04-10-2014 at 07:17 PM.

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    Dynamic duo is more dynamic than team ball

Id be very afraid of that team, your only hope is that the defensive guys can be exposed. If Ibaka has any 9/9 nights, you're pretty much done.
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Dynamic duo is more dynamic than team ball

Id be very afraid of that team, your only hope is that the defensive guys can be exposed. If Ibaka has any 9/9 nights, you're pretty much done.
    Way to hit the nail on its head. Spurs struggled in the Finals because both LBJ and D-Wade could score at any point.

It could certainly go either way.

Should RW or KD have an "off" night, the Spurs should be able to win down the stretch. A dynamic duo is no match for stellar team ball where everyone is contributing, i.e. more threats on the floor to cover, but the Spurs bench must show up to play because KD scoring is practically automatic and RW can dunk on the whole team.

I could see the Spurs backing off RW and igniting that urge he has to try questionable shots, rather than him driving. The Spurs must slow the game down and rebound well or OKC will exhaust them with extra possessions.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 04-10-2014 at 08:47 PM.

vCash
    Durant hasn't really had crazy efficient games against us this year. (the games Kawhi actually played in)

The guy who has hurt us has been Reggie Jackson.

I think the Spurs would win in 6. Too many people look at the regular season records and don't factor in the schedule (i think 2-3 of our games against them were b2b's and 2 were like a 3rd game in 4 nights kind of deal) injuries to both teams, etc...

If it came down to it, I think the Spurs would pull it out this time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Durant hasn't really had crazy efficient games against us this year. (the games Kawhi actually played in)

The guy who has hurt us has been Reggie Jackson.

I think the Spurs would win in 6. Too many people look at the regular season records and don't factor in the schedule (i think 2-3 of our games against them were b2b's and 2 were like a 3rd game in 4 nights kind of deal) injuries to both teams, etc...

If it came down to it, I think the Spurs would pull it out this time around.
    Kawhi is great. Hopefully everyone is healthy for this showdown. Guys like R-Jackson, Lamb, etc, could make it hard on the Spurs. But if Kawhi is invaluable on defense, i.e. any less of KD can be had, Spurs would love it. I always appreciate your input about the Spurs because obviously you know them like the back of your hand. On the other hand, I would like to see KD get back to the finals. He's been a monster this year. Both teams can win on the road, but I do think HCA will prove useful for the Spurs.
    Last edited by kobe4thewinbang; 04-10-2014 at 09:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Kawhi is great. Hopefully everyone is healthy for this showdown. Guys like R-Jackson, Lamb, etc, could make it hard on the Spurs. But if Kawhi is invaluable on defense, i.e. any less of KD can be had, Spurs would love it. I always appreciate your input about the Spurs because obviously you know them like the back of your hand. On the other hand, I would like to see KD get back to the finals. He's been a monster this year. Both teams can win on the road, but I do think HCA will prove useful for the Spurs.
    Yea and if Leonard gets into foul trouble forget about it. And it's almost a certainty that he would if they happen to meet up.

HCA would be very important though. Any advantage you can have in the playoffs you take, and that's definitely an advantage.

But especially against a team like OKC, the bench must play great ball. We'll see what happens. In the west, you never know who will be there in the WCF. Actually, you never know who will be there in the 2nd round lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    Yea and if Leonard gets into foul trouble forget about it. And it's almost a certainty that he would if they happen to meet up.

HCA would be very important though. Any advantage you can have in the playoffs you take, and that's definitely an advantage.

But especially against a team like OKC, the bench must play great ball. We'll see what happens. In the west, you never know who will be there in the WCF. Actually, you never know who will be there in the 2nd round lol
    Very true, ha. Lob City and Steph Curry by himself might just knock somebody out.

vCash

Potential WCF: OKC Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs

That will be tough for the Spurs.

vCash
    What's everyone else think?

vCash
    I would like to see LAC vs. HOU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Way to hit the nail on its head. Spurs struggled in the Finals because both LBJ and D-Wade could score at any point.

It could certainly go either way.

Should RW or KD have an "off" night, the Spurs should be able to win down the stretch. A dynamic duo is no match for stellar team ball where everyone is contributing, i.e. more threats on the floor to cover, but the Spurs bench must show up to play because KD scoring is practically automatic and RW can dunk on the whole team.

I could see the Spurs backing off RW and igniting that urge he has to try questionable shots, rather than him driving. The Spurs must slow the game down and rebound well or OKC will exhaust them with extra possessions.
    The Spurs struggled against the Heat? Did you watch the Finals? It was the closest Finals series in years, much more competitive than that stupid Lakers/Celtics series (the first). Diaw, Leonard, and Duncan contained Lebron for a lot of that series. That's what Pop does in every series - he takes away the #1 option and the #2 option if he can. Then he bets that his #3-7 options can beat yours on both sides of the floor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    The Spurs struggled against the Heat? Did you watch the Finals? It was the closest Finals series in years, much more competitive than that stupid Lakers/Celtics series (the first). Diaw, Leonard, and Duncan contained Lebron for a lot of that series. That's what Pop does in every series - he takes away the #1 option and the #2 option if he can. Then he bets that his #3-7 options can beat yours on both sides of the floor.
    Yes, I watched the series. It was a great contest, but without question LBJ & D-Wade hit their shots in games that Miami won especially LBJ in Game 7. I'm just saying it was too much to overcome when both were playing well. That is why D-Wade's contribution is integral to Miami winning the championship again this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclover View Post
    I would like to see LAC vs. HOU.
    That could be nice. I would worry about the defensive quality of that series, but it's neither here nor there for this discussion.

vCash
    Yeah, I don't think Spurs will stop them this year. Time and time again we doubt the Spurs but this year, KD is just on a tear. With Westbrook playing great as well, I don't see Spurs getting them 4x. OKC will win in 6 games. Too much Durant for them. Heck, I think OKC with a healthy Westbrook would've beaten Spurs last season. We would've lost to Miami, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Spurs will stop them this year. Time and time again we doubt the Spurs but this year, KD is just on a tear. With Westbrook playing great as well, I don't see Spurs getting them 4x. OKC will win in 6 games. Too much Durant for them. Heck, I think OKC with a healthy Westbrook would've beaten Spurs last season. We would've lost to Miami, though.
    Durant hasn't shot incredibly well against the Spurs this year fwiw. In the games Leonard has played in of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast