Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Brendan Shannahan to be appointed President of Hockey Ops

@TorontoStar: #breaking #Leafs #nhl Brendan Shanahan to be named president of the Maple Leafs, Damien Cox reports.

vCash
    @FAN590: According to @DamoSpin, Brendan Shanahan will join the Maple #Leafs organization immediately after resigning his position with the NHL.

Deal is 5 or 6 years in length. Shannahan is going to speak with Bettman tonight about resigning from the NHL head office.

my spin: I really think the Leafs are going to get some "lotto magic" at this years draft.

vCash
    I leave to get groceries and this happens lol TSN confirming... I like this move for the reasons we discussed before, and I think it will effect 1) The players attitude having a hall of famer to discuss things with. and 2) Trying to bring big time free agents to the city / bring some guys home when they hit free agency. I also think Carlyle will be fired so Nonis can save his butt and be given a shot under Shanny.
    If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

vCash
    Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 2m
    An official announcement on Brendan Shanahan with the Maple Leafs could come as early as tomorrow. #tvasports

vCash

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Shanny for pres
    Paul Fenton for G.M
    Barry Trotz for coach
    Gary Roberts director of player development

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hifi View Post
    Shanny for pres
    Paul Fenton for G.M
    Barry Trotz for coach
    Gary Roberts director of player development
    him or Peter Laviolette

vCash
    Business is about 2 pick up..I can't wait season 2 be done,it's gonna be very interesting..indeed..

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    He might be brought in today even. Exciting! Obviously a really smart guy that has won in every way possible. But also someone who is inexpirienced in a management position. Weīll see what he and Nonis can bring. Right now, Iīm pretty sure Nonis will be back and Carlyles future largely depends on the coach-market in the off season.

In the end, both may get a last chance.

But when you look at the things that need to be taken care of, Shanny and Nonisī will have quiet the off-season.

A couple of issues that Iīve read about and havenīt been brought up in this forum:

- You lose Bolland, McClement and Kuli (maybe all of those) means losing your top defensive forwards on a team that canīt play defense. How are you gonna compensate and exceed this yearīs level of defense like that? Iīd say itīs close to impossible in one off-season.

- Reimerīs value has gone down. Not a news flash, but even teams who see some Nr. 1 potential in him might be turned off by the way he performed when he was Nr. 2. As good of a guy he is, he was not performing when he was pushed to Nr. 2 and the coach didnīt have faith in him. Those circumstances hurt his value big time. Especially for a guy whose team and work ethic (used to be?!) considered his selling point. We might only get a late pick for him right now.
    Last edited by Showt1me; 04-11-2014 at 08:23 AM.

vCash
    Nothing against Shanny.. but hes just a PR move. He has no experience on how to build a team. The only thing that excites me is that this may mean significant change all through this sink hole team. At some point in my life time it would be nice to maybe get things right. We are at a certain low point here.

vCash
    ^ agreed. he's never done this before, and we're asking him to come in and succeed in a situation where several experienced hockey executives have failed. so no reason to expect much.
    totally a PR move, which is why it's coming right now, when fans are so bummed out and pissed about the season. take all the heat and attention off the team.
    that said, Shanny's the man so I guess I'm kinda stoked

vCash
    The Toronto Maple Leafs are holding a news conference on Monday at 11am et/8am pt to introduce Brendan Shanahan as team president.

vCash
    I'm really curious what he's going to do.... does everyone get fired and start from scratch?

I think they should can the works of them and bring in his own guys but I know Nonis just got a contract extension.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I think Nonis is safe for now, coaching is anybody's guess.

vCash
    If they do fire Carlyle, how about Barry Trotz as the replacement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast