Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    How can Olt excite someone more than Vitters?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I think his ceiling is certainly higher. Power and a glove at 3b. Vitters has essentially played himself out of 3b, dropping his potential value. Granted, he's got obvious hurdles to get over to get to his ceiling. But he's got every day player potential. At this point, I think Vitters is basically a reserve at best. He's probably more likely to stick on an MLB roster, but I also don't trust him in a starting role.

Both have warts. Plenty of warts, actually. In the grand scheme of things I find both exceedingly less exciting than guys like Bryan, Baez, and Alcantara (duh), but I do like Olt slightly more than Vitters currently. But it's been some time since I've been "high" on Vitters.
    Continue.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Lots of early MiLB games today, which sucks since the Cubs also play early.

Smokies @ 11:30 ET/10:30 CT
    Cougars @ 12:00 ET/11:00 CT (Skulina pitching)
    ICubs @ 12:05 ET/ 11:05 CT (Hendricks pitching)

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    I like Skulina's curveball. If he can average 92-93 with a plus curveball, all while developing his change, he makes for a balanced pitcher.

vCash
    I think Vitters can be an Alex Gordon lite if all goes well. OK maybe extra lite.
    In that the move to the outfield can be a good thing taking away the stress of playing a hard position like 3b and concentrating more on hitting. Hopefully his offensive numbers can improve and along the way turn himself into a pretty good outfielder like Gordon. Who went from a 1-2 WAR player to a 6-7 WAR player with the position change and entering his prime

vCash
    Vitters is a platoon hitter. Not gonna happen.

vCash
    Bit surprised that Stephen Bruno started this season in AA, given that he only played 19 games in Daytona last year due to injury, although he played really well in them. He's really torn it up his whole career thus far, although he's off to a slow start this year (which really should be expected). I keep an eye on him.

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Vitters is a platoon hitter. Not gonna happen.
    I know right? They need to keep him away from that RHP the 2 hr and 1.126 ops is unacceptable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I know right? They need to keep him away from that RHP the 2 hr and 1.126 ops is unacceptable
    He did this in the majors? He's never shown a high aptitude for hitting quality RH pitching. I'll remain skeptical until he does something similar where it counts.

vCash
    He did this in the majors? He's never shown a high aptitude for hitting quality RH pitching. I'll remain skeptical until he does something similar where it counts.
    If you are going to bring up Vitters short major league appearance then you have to bring up Olt's AAA numbers from last year.

vCash
    I know I was just messing around taking advantage of week 1 inflated stats for my boy Vitters.
    Just hopeful he can keep it up against all pitching at Iowa and maybe get another crack at the Majors either as a starter, platoon or bench player.

vCash
    My main point is that sometimes a position change defensively can help a player offensively. 3b can be a ***** to play especially when you are not particularly good at it and it can weigh on your mind all game. Where as left field a lot of the time it's just catch the ball and throw it back in and learn the rest along the way. He can spend more time hitting than fielding ground balls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    My main point is that sometimes a position change defensively can help a player offensively. 3b can be a ***** to play especially when you are not particularly good at it and it can weigh on your mind all game. Where as left field a lot of the time it's just catch the ball and throw it back in and learn the rest along the way. He can spend more time hitting than fielding ground balls
    Playing defense at the MLB level is hard no matter what position it is. Some may find 3B to be easier; some may find LF to be easier. It's relative, but both are difficult. Vitters isn't catching fly balls or fielding grounders in the batters box.

vCash
    Javy bomb

IowaCubsGameDay ‏@IowaCubsGameDay 23m
    Javier Baez smashes a 2R HR! His 2nd home run of the year gives Iowa a 2-1 lead in the 6th! #JavyHomer2

according to Len it was on an 0-2 pitch and came against Nelson, the Brewers #1 prospect.

vCash
    Josh Vitters has a 10.5% BB rate in 124 PAs at AAA between last year and this year.

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast