Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Raptors : MVP? MIP? DPY? 6th man ?

This was the question for the "ask Matt" during last nights game ... I thought it might be interesting to see how this forum votes for our
    MVP? MIP ( most improved player) ? DPY ( defensive player of the year )?
    And 6th man of the year ...

Here's mine :

MVP : Lowry
    MIP : JVal ( tho Ross was really close )
    DPY: Ross ( he had to guard the other teams best player every night whether he was a 1 2 or 3) ( Amir was a close second )
    6th man : 2Pat ( tho Vaqz came on strong the past few weeks)
    Last edited by RAPS424; 04-10-2014 at 07:30 AM.

vCash
    MVP: Masai Ujiri
    MIP: Dwane Casey
    DPY: Lowry
    6th Man: Vasquez.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    The "P" kinda stands for " PLAYER" but ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPS424 View Post
    The "P" kinda stands for " PLAYER" but ok
    Not for me bruh. I'm a rebel.
    ]I may be acting like a Kidd, switch from team to team, now I'm getting Bucks and all I see is green. Call me what you want, image don't mean a thing to me, sign me for 5 or 6 mill and worry about my legacy. - Me

vCash
    MIP : Demar
    DPY : Amir
    6th Man : Patterson ...... team struggled while he was gone

"I stole and I robbed ....and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom, AND I DIDNT GET CAUGHT NEITHA ! " - Prison Mike

vCash
    MIP : Ross
    DPY: Lowry -- leading the team with 31, second on the team has 7.
    6th man : Patman

vCash
    MVP: DeRozan. Yes Lowry has been sensational this year but DeRozan has carried the team on his back the majority of the season.
    MIP: Kyle Lowry. Went from being a good starting PG with loads of potential to being a top 5 PG in the game.
    DPY: Terrence Ross or DeMar DeRozan. Both players have had great defensive seasons on the wing.
    6th Man: Vasquez. I can't imagine where this team would of been had he not been acquired. That duel PG backourt of Vasquez and Lowry will be huge in the playoffs.

HUP HOLLAND HUP!

Come Check Out the Raptors Forum!
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    MVP : Lowry. Heart and soul of the team. Raptors would have crumbled without him.
    MIP : Ross. Big leap this year. Especially improved a lot on defense.
    DPY: Amir Johnson. He is not flashy. But he protects the rim nicely and unassumingly.
    6th man : Tie for Patman and GV. Both have been great and helps out the team at crucial times.

vCash
    MVP - Lowry (1A), Derozan (1B)
    MIP - Ross
    DPY - Ross
    6th - Vasquez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Champ View Post
    MVP: DeRozan. Yes Lowry has been sensational this year but DeRozan
    has carried the team on his back the majority of the season.
    MIP: Kyle Lowry. Went from being a good starting PG with loads of potential to being a top 5 PG in the game.
    DPY: Terrence Ross or DeMar DeRozan. Both players have had great defensive seasons on the wing.
    6th Man: Vasquez. I can't imagine where this team would of been had he not been acquired. That duel PG backourt of Vasquez and Lowry will be huge in the playoffs.
    Demar carried the team on his back? That's no true.

and Ross or Demar. Ross defensively is better than Demar and it's not even close. If you consider Demar great defensively then what the heck do you consider Ross.

vCash
    MVP: Lowry
    MIP: Ross/JV
    DPY: Ross
    6TH Man: Patterson

vCash
    MVP - Lowry

MIP - Co-Winners: Derozan and Lowry. Derozan learned how to drive to the basket , adding a whole new dimension to his game, while adding 2.7 FTA per game from last year. He's also becoming a better passer and defender. Lowry is having a career (/contract) year with improved stats across the board, including improved FG% and adding 6 PPG more than last year.

DPY - Ross. Successfully guarded some of the league's premier scorers.

6th man - Co-Winners: Patterson and Vasquez. Would have been Patterson 100% if he hadn't played 14 less games than Vasquez. Patterson adds a huge spark off the bench. Vasquez successfully changes the pace of the game when he's on the floor.

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    MVP - Lowry

MIP - Co-Winners: Derozan and Lowry. Derozan learned how to drive to the basket , adding a whole new dimension to his game, while adding 2.7 FTA per game from last year. He's also becoming a better passer and defender. Lowry is having a career (/contract) year with improved stats across the board, including improved FG% and adding 6 PPG more than last year.

DPY - Ross. Successfully guarded some of the league's premier scorers.

6th man - Co-Winners: Patterson and Vasquez. Would have been Patterson 100% if he hadn't played 14 less games than Vasquez. Patterson adds a huge spark off the bench. Vasquez successfully changes the pace of the game when he's on the floor.
    Totally agree with this. In league terms Lowry will likely be considered for MIP so I think it holds true for us too. Also agree about 6th man. The thing about this team is that their success is so much based on interdependence that individual awards need to be given out jointly. A good sign for a team sport.

vCash
    MVP - Lowry, the heart and soul of this team and soon to be an expensive FA.

MIP - Demar, the award says it all and this is coming from me .

DPY - Ross and a healthy Amir

6th Man - Patterson

vCash
    MVP: DeRozan. Yes Lowry has been sensational this year but DeRozan has carried the team on his back the majority of the season.

I pretty much agree with everything u said,dead on.
    I love the image of Ross hitting that shot,it's just sick..

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast