Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Shump/JRSpliff/THJR Who stays?

I wasn't sure to just post this in the trade forum but felt this needed to be discussed

We all know we need help all over the roster but IMO the sg depth is our strongest with Shump/JR/THJH

However our biggest need is obviously pg so one of them has to go

You can say JR is our best overall sg out of the 3. Finally healthy he has turn it on last month and a half putting up borderline allstar numbers.

Without getting to stat heavy with this he is a plus on the floor when he plays and is in the top 10 for sg in orpm(offensive real plus minus)

Even though he is capable to defend he just doesn't play defense at times and hurts us a lot in the closing minutes. When he is not on the floor our defense is 5 points better and outside the top 40 in drpm which means he just doesn't impact the floor on that side

He also has a lot of history when off the court issues that has plague this team

Iman was suppose to be our next 3rd option player but never live up to it. He has and up and down season and a lot of dud games. Despite all that he helps this team more ways then not

He isn't the offensive juggernaut we wanted him to be but when he is on the floor he helps our offense by moving the ball and taking good shots even with his low % from the field

His defense is probably his most underrated in his lost season. I've seen him get lost so many times but he still puts pressure on opposing players and even does the little intangibles.

To prove his worth on numbers we are a staggering 6.8 points worse when he is off the floor and he is 3rd behind Danny green and Tony allen in drpm. That in itself is a little crazy but I notice in the games we played without him our defense look so bad.

Then our prize rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. Kid makes big shots and can score in bunches but can he open up his overall game?

On offense we are actually worse when he plays since he takes the first available shot given without actually moving the ball but the most telling is his defense

When he is on the floor our defense is 6.9 points worse and of the 91 available sg in the league on defense he is rank 90. Ouch.

However he is still a rookie and his worth ethic is one of the best on the team so maybe he can get better but he has to do more then just score and do a little of everything else

Thoughts on this guys. Who do you think we keep? Who should go?
    Toney the savior

@I_am_iman
    "two very winnable games"...FOH #Knickstape #mobdeep #NYKallday

vCash
    jr will be gone probably

i see shump staying

vCash
    Idk why ppl think JR being healthy is the reason he has turned it up, how about the fact the EVERY year he gets hot towards the ending of the season. JR is easily the one that has to go simply because he's such a streaky shooter. I thought if we hired a smart enough coach to boast his IQ, he might be serviceable but with all the weed smoking, he might of damaged his brain to where that possibility is out the window!

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    Keep them all.

vCash
    All them will probably stay but we should give up either of them plus Felton for Tyreke Evans who doesn't fit in N.O.
    Watch out, don't step on the Grasshoppers ...

vCash
    I think Spliff is the best all around player of the 3, with the right coach/teammates (accountability) you can damage control his lack of brain cells

TH brings equal offense to JR but is more or less just as streaky, no D

Shump Id like one more look through a season with a different team dynamic Im still enamored he can be an exceptional 3/D guy, bad handle, too many chances not enough payoff

Im curious to see what the overall coach/team looks like next year and ultimately what other teams want for these guys, we need to shop all 3 hard

vCash
    Keep all 3.. What kinda question is this.. Were not getting a top pg by trading jr.. Jr is untradeable and i love it..if melo walks he is our best scorer.. My 3 favorite players.. Keep all three.

vCash
    Keep them all and move Shumpert to point guard on defense. Move jr to point guard on offense, and hardaway should be first off the bench.

vCash
    I think if you keep Melo, you try to trade JR in a packaging to improve the team.

If you trade away Melo, you keep JR at least until the trade deadline next season.

vCash
    JR Smith should definitely gone. I think he is tradable now that his recent play has been good. PJ likes Shump so I dont see him gone but surprisingly I think PJ will use Hardaway in a big move.

vCash
    J.R. Smith gots to go. GHAATS TEW GOHHHHH!!!

Throwback Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knick4Knack View Post
    J.R. Smith gots to go. GHAATS TEW GOHHHHH!!!
    If you need a Plummer, JR is ya man

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    I'm happy Swish is playing better because he's the one that needs to get traded....

He's the headcase that a Phil operated team does not need....

JETS KNICKS YANKEES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FYL_McVeezy View Post
    I'm happy Swish is playing better because he's the one that needs to get traded....

He's the headcase that a Phil operated team does not need....

Swish is Mother Theresa compared to Dennis Rodman. PJ handled Rodman just fine.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/nba-...bulls-dynasty/
    Last edited by trout1627; 04-10-2014 at 11:25 AM.

vCash
    Trying to decipher what Phil is thinking through the few blips we have heard him regarding these guys, it seems he see's a monster talent level with JR but also see's how he gets in his own way a lot. Phil is not scared of crazy guys as you have seen with Rodman, Odom, Artest. I have read a few of Phil's books, and he definitely relishes the chance to turn "bad kind of crazy" into that "good kind of crazy" with his zen approach. He might see JR as an opportunity harness his talent and FINALLY get some consistency to his game. He obviously really likes Shumpert.

I am not sure Timmy seems like a Phil type of guy to be honest with you guys. I would like to keep Timmy over JR, but I wouldn't be surprised if Phil views him as trade bait for as asset at a position of need. Phil seems to like multi-faceted triple threat type players and right now Hardaway is a gunner and nothing else (I do see a foundation to improve upon that with his off the dribble game and pick and roll passing - you see flashes already). JR is a gunner but when he's locked in he's one of our best pick and roll passers as well and when focused on it he can really create for others. I really haven't heard Phil talk about Timmy at all and that to me is at least a little bit telling.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 04-10-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast