Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Wade to offer a discount!

The guy played only half of the season. He is always hurt. Why do the Heat have to pay this guy 14 million a year? ******* that! Has anybody seen Wade lately? By the way, why is Beasley not playing? Spo is killing me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMAJ View Post
    The guy played only half of the season. He is always hurt. Why do the Heat have to pay this guy 14 million a year? ******* that! Has anybody seen Wade lately? By the way, why is Beasley not playing? Spo is killing me.
    Wow, you're so all over the place.

Talk about 1 thing will ya?

And where did he say that he'll be offering a discount?

Or is that what you want?

vCash

Wade to offer a discount!

I still say he ends up in Milwaukee at one point.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brewboy288 View Post
    I still say he ends up in Milwaukee at one point.
    What? Why the Bucks? Cause he went to college there? I doubt Wade leaves and I doubt he takes that much of a pay cut.

Also Beasly is garbage and that's why he doesn't play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCMAJ View Post
    Actually Wade makes almost $19M. But regardless why do you care wether he's playing games at the end of the regular season when were guaranteed the #1 or #2 seed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug3 View Post
    What? Why the Bucks? Cause he went to college there? I doubt Wade leaves and I doubt he takes that much of a pay cut.
    He's not leaving but he's definitely taking a pay cut. Unless he's retiring it would be in his interest to take the cut.

vCash

Also Beasley is garbage and that's why he doesn't play.

He's better then Jones and lewis and there playing

Spo doesn't like Beasley as a person , But thats ok cause half the team doesn't like spo as a person

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    He's better then Jones and lewis and there playing

Spo doesn't like Beasley as a person , But thats ok cause half the team doesn't like spo as a person
    I'm not going to argue about Lewis, but I feel like for this team Jones is a better fit to play. He is not inconsistent on the offensive end like Beasly is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UMdev View Post
    He's not leaving but he's definitely taking a pay cut. Unless he's retiring it would be in his interest to take the cut.
    Why would it be in his interest to take a pay cut?

vCash
    I'm not going to argue about Lewis, but I feel like for this team Jones is a better fit to play. He is not inconsistent on the offensive end like Beasly is.
    All he can do is shoot the 3 and he does go cold to

Beasley can shot create

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Why would it be in his interest to take a pay cut?
    He has about $42M guaranteed coming over the next two years on his current contract. If his goal was to retire in that time frame and he didn't care about winning then the best option would be to take the guaranteed money. However Wade also makes another $11M from endorsements which would take a slight hit when the team goes to **** if he takes the full money as they wont have enough to field a competitive team. But over the 2 year span this would net him the most amount of money.

Now let's say he wants to play for at least 5 more years. After all why retire when you still have extra years to bring in good money from playing and endorsements. Now let's face it he is basically falling apart in front of our eyes. Going from averaging 25+ points to 19. So after this contract is up in 2 years he'd be worth let's say maybe $10M similar to say Tim Duncan. So $42M plus another $30M/3yr is $72M over 5 years.

So if $72 is the max you'd make over 5 years why not renegotiate now to get the entire 5 year guaranteed. After all he could get seriously injured over the next two years and then wouldn't be able to negotiate the additional $30M/3yr deal. So if you take $72 over 5 years that's $14.4M. You could start at say $16.4M and decrease to $12.4M. By front loading it he gets more of his money up front and his salary decreases as his skills decrease and the need for more help.

So in reality you might even take a bit less because you've taken the risk out of the equation for Wade. But maybe he things he'd be worth $12M instead of $10M so for illustrations purposes we'll just leave it there.

So he's getting about the same amount of money but now its guaranteed. He now also has the added benefit of being able to now play with better players as the team has more money. This obviously should lead to a better team and therefore better endorsements (or really keeping his already good endorsements).

So basically would you rather have $42M guaranteed over 2 years, and the fear of losing a large chunk of $20M ($10M salary + $10M endorsements), plus have to play with a bare bones teams which only increases your chances of getting hurt OR get $72M guaranteed for 5 years, have no fear of getting hurt, and the ability to play with better players and probably a solid back up that can come in reduce your wear and tear and have a much better chance of picking up more rings over the next 5 years.

vCash
    This is not the thread to talk about Beasley vs Lewis, and I haven't been talking about it but my opinion is that while both Lewis and Beasley are bad on D, one of them disrupts our offense and we can clearly see that with Beasley, while Lewis is playing he looks to play team-ball, and make the right decision. With Beasley the ball sticks too much in his hands, yes he's a scorer, yes he can give us something but disrupting the whole offense of a team is pretty dangerous.

With Wade I feel that is bad because Lebron and Bosh are doing all the hard work and losing all this close games isn't doing good either, I hope Wade is fine, because there is no chance at the Title without him.
    Miami HEAT

vCash
    Seriously, what is the point of this thread? If not actual news this should be merged with random talk in the roster thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    This is not the thread to talk about Beasley vs Lewis, and I haven't been talking about it but my opinion is that while both Lewis and Beasley are bad on D, one of them disrupts our offense and we can clearly see that with Beasley, while Lewis is playing he looks to play team-ball, and make the right decision. With Beasley the ball sticks too much in his hands, yes he's a scorer, yes he can give us something but disrupting the whole offense of a team is pretty dangerous.

With Wade I feel that is bad because Lebron and Bosh are doing all the hard work and losing all this close games isn't doing good either, I hope Wade is fine, because there is no chance at the Title without him.
    I don't like Beasley very much but in the playoffs I think Beasley vs other teams bench will be an asset (atleast in the first round or 2). He's capable of scoring in bunches against bench players and defensively he doesn't need to be great when the other teams bench is in. If he can put up some numbers in a few games that will be huge for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_ View Post
    I don't like Beasley very much but in the playoffs I think Beasley vs other teams bench will be an asset (atleast in the first round or 2). He's capable of scoring in bunches against bench players and defensively he doesn't need to be great when the other teams bench is in. If he can put up some numbers in a few games that will be huge for us.
    There's a reason why Beasly came to us for cheap. Because not many teams showed interest in him because he sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast