ROUND 1 (with reasoning):
1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina - They are too smart in Texas to pass this up. I don't by the lack of work ethic when you are talking about a guy that knew he was the #1 pick in this draft ever since he was in HS.
2. Detroit Lions (Lions give StL #10, Rd 2 #10, Rd 5, 2015 Rd 4): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson - Big change #1. I'm hearing more and more that Detroit wants Watkins bad and they think that Johnson/Watkins/Tate would be a potent trio at WR. I think this still leaves them with defensive holes, but lucky for them DB is deep this draft.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF - This is the start here. They used FA to really build up the D. I bet that they use the draft to really bring in the foundation of the D. I know Jags fans constantly rip this but you are in denial about your situation. If you don't have a QB you don't have a chance.
4. Cleveland Browns: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - I think Kyle Shanahan won't want to work with Manziel after RGIII got him fired. Teddy is going to thrive in a PA Bootleg offense based off the WCO that Shanahan likes to run.
5. Tennessee Titans (Titans give Oak #11, Rd 2 #11, 2015 Rd 2): Khalil Mack, OLB/DE, Buffalo - Going to a 3-4 you need 2 things, DE's and about 3 good OLB's/Rushers. Mack comes in and plays across from Wimbley to really set the tone of getting to the QB.
6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn - They get a gift here. Yes they have a need at DE and Demetroff has said he's "happy with Baker". I don't buy that he's happy with a guy injured every year. I still think OT is the correct pick, however I'm just listening to those that say Robinson over Matthews despite my feelings about it
7. Tampa Bay: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M - After trading Mike Williams I think this is the only logical move to make. They filled a lot of needs on the defense in FA, and they didn't improve the offense much.
8. Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr, OLB/DE, UCLA - Pass rush is a need in Minnesota and they get lucky having Barr fall to them. He fills a need and is the BPA at this point. I think Barr will play SAM on normal downs and drop down to have his hand in the turf on 3rd downs.
9. Buffalo Bills: Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M - Yes, I know they tool Cordy Glenn last year. But they have smartly filled other needs and I think just finding a way to fill out the offensive line and protect the investment in EJ Manuel. None of his weapons are "name" guys, but he has them.
10. St. Louis Rams**: Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama - So this is funny to me. I traded these two teams, yet they take who I had the other taking in the mock. Funny. Anyways, Haha fills a need with St. Louis to start rebuilding the back half of the defense to match the front 7.
11. Oakland Raiders**- Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh - See, I listen to criticism. I really wanted to mock some offensive player here, but I just didn't feel like it was right. There is depth there. But Aaron Donald would be a nice building block moving forward. Just don't catch the lazy bug from Tuck and Woodley
12. New York Giants: Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU - I wanted to mock Ebron here again. But I relooked at that Giants DT depth and they need help. I think that Jernigan is a good fit in that he could play all 3 downs for them.
13. St. Louis Rams: Justin Gilbert, CB, OKST - Adding once again to that back end of the defense with this pick. This would be a very solid 1st round for the Rams to really put their best foot forward in the defensive arms race going on in the west.
14. Chicago Bears: Darquize Dennard, CB, MSU - They brought some CBs back, but they are up there in age. They did some work to the line, but I really think they are in a great position to pick Dennard. Plus they could keep him close to home.
15. Arizona Cardinals (Give up #20, 2nd round #20, 4th rounder): Taylor Lewan, OT, UM - They need OT's there to protect Palmer. Other than that Arizona has a good defense and the parts for a decent offense if they can protect their QB.
16. Dallas Cowboys: Re'Shade Hageman, DT/DE, Minnesota - I think that he could give them on the inside something similar to what Hatchet gave them last year. He's a decent pass rusher, so he could hide the issues on the outside. But the big thing that they need is just help pn the DLine.
17. Green Bay Packers (#21, 3rd Round #21, 2015 5th): Eric Ebron, TE, UNC - This is a big change from where I've had them long taking DLine and staying put. I think that Ebron is going to be better than what Finley gave them, and pair well with Cobb and Nelson to really make that offense unstoppable.
18. Philadelphia Eagles (#22, 3rd round #22, 2015 6th): Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU - It's gaining momentum that the Eagles would like Benjamin. I'm not sure what it means for Maclin and his future but they could use a guy with his skills.
19. Miami Dolphins: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville - After letting Chris Clemons walk in FA, and despite their needs on the OLine, I think they try to solidify their secondary with this pickup.
20. San Diego Chargers (#25, 3rd rd #25, 2015 6th): Louis Nix III, NT, ND- They need to build up the DL, and to do so I think they need to jump a few teams with similar needs to get they guy that they really want at that position. This is also a change from DE to NT, but I think it really fits their needs better.
21. Baltimore Ravens**: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU - Isn't it nice to drop 4 spots and still get your man? That's what Ozzie does here. I think it's worth it for him to gain some picks to build cheap depth while they need it and still get a guy that really is a perfect fit for the vertical threat that is Torrey Smith.
22. New York Jets**: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State - I think this is a win-win for Idzik here. He falls back and picks up more picks (something he values) and is still able to get his player that he wanted at his pick in the first place.
23. Kansas City Chiefs: Zack Martin, OL, ND - Andy loves his eating partners. But with the loss of Albert, and nothing in the pipeline to replace him as Fisher slides over they need to re-shore up the offensive line. WR's can be found later in the draft.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: Kony Ealy, DE, Missu - They lost Michael Johnson this offseason, and even though they get Geno Atkins back they can't really expect a 100% Geno. So heres the replacement and another pass rusher to bring to a division with Ben and Joe.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers**: Kyle Fuller, CB, VT - After falling twice and seeing what was left they were able to fill a need. There really was 2 different player that could have been picked here, but with WR so deep that Fuller ended up being the choice.
26. Cleveland Browns: Marqize Lee, WR, USC - After taking Teddy early, the Browns go for the complement here. They can get RB later, but they give Teddy his bookend WR's, to go along with a difference maker at TE in Cameron Jordan.
27. New Orleans Saints: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn - They use this pick to continue building the front 7. Rob Ryan really works well when they get a pass rusher that can go in play after play and beat his man. Dee could be that for them.
28. Carolina Panthers: David Yankey, T/G, Stanford - They need OLine help after the losses and retirements there. Yes, I know WR is a need too, but those holes can be fill later in the draft with all the depth available.
29. Oakland Raiders (Rd 2 #4, 2015 Rd 2): Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - Oakland jumps back into the late first to pick up their QB. Yes I know fans rather have Mosley, but if they jump back in it ain't for a LB, it's for their future signal caller. Best thing about picking Carr this late in the 1st is they can sit him while Schaub plays year 1.
30. San Francisco 49ers: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU - A bit of a reach? Maybe. But there is no WR that fits what San Fran really needs here, IMO a speed deep threat. But Verrett fills the need of CB in San Fran.
31. Denver Broncos: CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama - I've long been on this pick. Just a perfect marriage IMO. Mosley falls because of declining value in ILB's. I know they need to replace Beadles, but you can find those guys later in the draft.
32. Seattle Seahawks: Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA - They got exposed for a lack of OLine depth this year and Xavier starts to fill that. Protect Russell Wilson and give him time to make some throws.
Round 2 (no reasons listed, just player; no trades unless from earlier)
1. Houston Texans: Johnny Manziel, QB
2. Washington Redskins: Ryan Shazier, ILB
3. Cleveland Browns: Carlos Hyde, RB
4. New England Patriots: Jace Amaro, TE
5. Atlanta Falcons: Troy Niklas, TE
6. Tampa Bay Bucs: Morgan Moses, OT
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Demarcus Lawrence, OLB/DE
8. Minnesota Vikings: AJ McCarron, QB
9. Buffalo Bills: Dion Bailey, S
10. Oakland Raiders: Allen Robinson, WR
11. New York Giants: Joel Bitonio, OLine
12. St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB
13. St. Louis Rams: Stephon Tuitt, DT
14. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jordan Matthews, WR
15. Dallas Cowboys: Scott Crichton, DE
16. Baltimore Ravens: Jimmie Ward, S
17. New York Jets: Chris Borland, ILB
18. Miami Dolphins: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
19. Chicago Bears: Ed Reynolds, S
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kareem Martin, DE
21. Green Bay Packers: Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S
22. New York Jets: Jeremy Hill, RB
23. Cincinnati Bangles: Marcus Martin, C
24. San Francisco 49ers: Davante Adams, WR
25. San Diego Chargers: Keith McGill, CB
26. New Orleans Saints: Kyle Van Noy, OLB
27. Indianapolis Colts: Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB
28. Carolina Panthers: Martavis Bryant, WR
29. San Francisco 49ers: Austin Seferan-Jenkins, TE
30. New England Patriots: Weston Richburg, C
31. Denver Broncos: Dominique Easley, DT
32. Seattle Seahawks: Paul Richardson, WR
TRADES (in order of pick traded):
St. Louis gives: #2
Detroit gives: #10, Rd 2 #10, Rd 5, 2015 Rd 4
Oakland gives: #5
Tennessee gives: #11, Rd 2 #11, 2015 Rd 2
Pittsburgh gives: #15
Arizona gives: #20, Rd 2 #20, Rd 4 #20
Baltimore gives: #17
Green Bay gives: #21, Rd 3 #21, 2015 Rd 5
New York Jets give: #18
Philadelphia gives: #22, Rd 3 #22, 2015 6th
Pittsburgh gives: #20
San Diego gives: #25, Rd 3 #25, 2015 6th
New England gives: #29
Oakland gives: Rd 2 #4, 2015 2nd