Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Post FA Mock Revisited (already)

ROUND 1 (with reasoning):

1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina - They are too smart in Texas to pass this up. I don't by the lack of work ethic when you are talking about a guy that knew he was the #1 pick in this draft ever since he was in HS.

2. Detroit Lions (Lions give StL #10, Rd 2 #10, Rd 5, 2015 Rd 4): Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson - Big change #1. I'm hearing more and more that Detroit wants Watkins bad and they think that Johnson/Watkins/Tate would be a potent trio at WR. I think this still leaves them with defensive holes, but lucky for them DB is deep this draft.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF - This is the start here. They used FA to really build up the D. I bet that they use the draft to really bring in the foundation of the D. I know Jags fans constantly rip this but you are in denial about your situation. If you don't have a QB you don't have a chance.

4. Cleveland Browns: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - I think Kyle Shanahan won't want to work with Manziel after RGIII got him fired. Teddy is going to thrive in a PA Bootleg offense based off the WCO that Shanahan likes to run.

5. Tennessee Titans (Titans give Oak #11, Rd 2 #11, 2015 Rd 2): Khalil Mack, OLB/DE, Buffalo - Going to a 3-4 you need 2 things, DE's and about 3 good OLB's/Rushers. Mack comes in and plays across from Wimbley to really set the tone of getting to the QB.

6. Atlanta Falcons: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn - They get a gift here. Yes they have a need at DE and Demetroff has said he's "happy with Baker". I don't buy that he's happy with a guy injured every year. I still think OT is the correct pick, however I'm just listening to those that say Robinson over Matthews despite my feelings about it

7. Tampa Bay: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M - After trading Mike Williams I think this is the only logical move to make. They filled a lot of needs on the defense in FA, and they didn't improve the offense much.

8. Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr, OLB/DE, UCLA - Pass rush is a need in Minnesota and they get lucky having Barr fall to them. He fills a need and is the BPA at this point. I think Barr will play SAM on normal downs and drop down to have his hand in the turf on 3rd downs.

9. Buffalo Bills: Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M - Yes, I know they tool Cordy Glenn last year. But they have smartly filled other needs and I think just finding a way to fill out the offensive line and protect the investment in EJ Manuel. None of his weapons are "name" guys, but he has them.

10. St. Louis Rams**: Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama - So this is funny to me. I traded these two teams, yet they take who I had the other taking in the mock. Funny. Anyways, Haha fills a need with St. Louis to start rebuilding the back half of the defense to match the front 7.

11. Oakland Raiders**- Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh - See, I listen to criticism. I really wanted to mock some offensive player here, but I just didn't feel like it was right. There is depth there. But Aaron Donald would be a nice building block moving forward. Just don't catch the lazy bug from Tuck and Woodley

12. New York Giants: Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU - I wanted to mock Ebron here again. But I relooked at that Giants DT depth and they need help. I think that Jernigan is a good fit in that he could play all 3 downs for them.

13. St. Louis Rams: Justin Gilbert, CB, OKST - Adding once again to that back end of the defense with this pick. This would be a very solid 1st round for the Rams to really put their best foot forward in the defensive arms race going on in the west.

14. Chicago Bears: Darquize Dennard, CB, MSU - They brought some CBs back, but they are up there in age. They did some work to the line, but I really think they are in a great position to pick Dennard. Plus they could keep him close to home.

15. Arizona Cardinals (Give up #20, 2nd round #20, 4th rounder): Taylor Lewan, OT, UM - They need OT's there to protect Palmer. Other than that Arizona has a good defense and the parts for a decent offense if they can protect their QB.

16. Dallas Cowboys: Re'Shade Hageman, DT/DE, Minnesota - I think that he could give them on the inside something similar to what Hatchet gave them last year. He's a decent pass rusher, so he could hide the issues on the outside. But the big thing that they need is just help pn the DLine.

17. Green Bay Packers (#21, 3rd Round #21, 2015 5th): Eric Ebron, TE, UNC - This is a big change from where I've had them long taking DLine and staying put. I think that Ebron is going to be better than what Finley gave them, and pair well with Cobb and Nelson to really make that offense unstoppable.

18. Philadelphia Eagles (#22, 3rd round #22, 2015 6th): Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU - It's gaining momentum that the Eagles would like Benjamin. I'm not sure what it means for Maclin and his future but they could use a guy with his skills.

19. Miami Dolphins: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville - After letting Chris Clemons walk in FA, and despite their needs on the OLine, I think they try to solidify their secondary with this pickup.

20. San Diego Chargers (#25, 3rd rd #25, 2015 6th): Louis Nix III, NT, ND- They need to build up the DL, and to do so I think they need to jump a few teams with similar needs to get they guy that they really want at that position. This is also a change from DE to NT, but I think it really fits their needs better.

21. Baltimore Ravens**: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU - Isn't it nice to drop 4 spots and still get your man? That's what Ozzie does here. I think it's worth it for him to gain some picks to build cheap depth while they need it and still get a guy that really is a perfect fit for the vertical threat that is Torrey Smith.

22. New York Jets**: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State - I think this is a win-win for Idzik here. He falls back and picks up more picks (something he values) and is still able to get his player that he wanted at his pick in the first place.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Zack Martin, OL, ND - Andy loves his eating partners. But with the loss of Albert, and nothing in the pipeline to replace him as Fisher slides over they need to re-shore up the offensive line. WR's can be found later in the draft.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Kony Ealy, DE, Missu - They lost Michael Johnson this offseason, and even though they get Geno Atkins back they can't really expect a 100% Geno. So heres the replacement and another pass rusher to bring to a division with Ben and Joe.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers**: Kyle Fuller, CB, VT - After falling twice and seeing what was left they were able to fill a need. There really was 2 different player that could have been picked here, but with WR so deep that Fuller ended up being the choice.

26. Cleveland Browns: Marqize Lee, WR, USC - After taking Teddy early, the Browns go for the complement here. They can get RB later, but they give Teddy his bookend WR's, to go along with a difference maker at TE in Cameron Jordan.

27. New Orleans Saints: Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn - They use this pick to continue building the front 7. Rob Ryan really works well when they get a pass rusher that can go in play after play and beat his man. Dee could be that for them.

28. Carolina Panthers: David Yankey, T/G, Stanford - They need OLine help after the losses and retirements there. Yes, I know WR is a need too, but those holes can be fill later in the draft with all the depth available.

29. Oakland Raiders (Rd 2 #4, 2015 Rd 2): Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - Oakland jumps back into the late first to pick up their QB. Yes I know fans rather have Mosley, but if they jump back in it ain't for a LB, it's for their future signal caller. Best thing about picking Carr this late in the 1st is they can sit him while Schaub plays year 1.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU - A bit of a reach? Maybe. But there is no WR that fits what San Fran really needs here, IMO a speed deep threat. But Verrett fills the need of CB in San Fran.

31. Denver Broncos: CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama - I've long been on this pick. Just a perfect marriage IMO. Mosley falls because of declining value in ILB's. I know they need to replace Beadles, but you can find those guys later in the draft.

32. Seattle Seahawks: Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA - They got exposed for a lack of OLine depth this year and Xavier starts to fill that. Protect Russell Wilson and give him time to make some throws.

Round 2 (no reasons listed, just player; no trades unless from earlier)

1. Houston Texans: Johnny Manziel, QB
    2. Washington Redskins: Ryan Shazier, ILB
    3. Cleveland Browns: Carlos Hyde, RB
    4. New England Patriots: Jace Amaro, TE
    5. Atlanta Falcons: Troy Niklas, TE
    6. Tampa Bay Bucs: Morgan Moses, OT
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Demarcus Lawrence, OLB/DE
    8. Minnesota Vikings: AJ McCarron, QB
    9. Buffalo Bills: Dion Bailey, S
    10. Oakland Raiders: Allen Robinson, WR
    11. New York Giants: Joel Bitonio, OLine
    12. St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Garoppolo, QB
    13. St. Louis Rams: Stephon Tuitt, DT
    14. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jordan Matthews, WR
    15. Dallas Cowboys: Scott Crichton, DE
    16. Baltimore Ravens: Jimmie Ward, S
    17. New York Jets: Chris Borland, ILB
    18. Miami Dolphins: Cyrus Kouandjio, OT
    19. Chicago Bears: Ed Reynolds, S
    20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Kareem Martin, DE
    21. Green Bay Packers: Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S
    22. New York Jets: Jeremy Hill, RB
    23. Cincinnati Bangles: Marcus Martin, C
    24. San Francisco 49ers: Davante Adams, WR
    25. San Diego Chargers: Keith McGill, CB
    26. New Orleans Saints: Kyle Van Noy, OLB
    27. Indianapolis Colts: Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB
    28. Carolina Panthers: Martavis Bryant, WR
    29. San Francisco 49ers: Austin Seferan-Jenkins, TE
    30. New England Patriots: Weston Richburg, C
    31. Denver Broncos: Dominique Easley, DT
    32. Seattle Seahawks: Paul Richardson, WR

TRADES (in order of pick traded):
    St. Louis gives: #2
    Detroit gives: #10, Rd 2 #10, Rd 5, 2015 Rd 4

Oakland gives: #5
    Tennessee gives: #11, Rd 2 #11, 2015 Rd 2

Pittsburgh gives: #15
    Arizona gives: #20, Rd 2 #20, Rd 4 #20

Baltimore gives: #17
    Green Bay gives: #21, Rd 3 #21, 2015 Rd 5

New York Jets give: #18
    Philadelphia gives: #22, Rd 3 #22, 2015 6th

Pittsburgh gives: #20
    San Diego gives: #25, Rd 3 #25, 2015 6th

New England gives: #29
    Oakland gives: Rd 2 #4, 2015 2nd
    Last edited by warfelg; 04-10-2014 at 09:57 PM.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Yea I still dont see the Titans trading up
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    Prefer trading up, but I like Verrett. ASJ in the 2nd interests me. He's got work to do, however, he might be the type of threat we're looking for. Also, we drafted a TE last year that's supposed to be a strong receiving threat. He had a lot of growing pains, but it's probably too early to move on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moshy2 View Post
    Prefer trading up, but I like Verrett. ASJ in the 2nd interests me. He's got work to do, however, he might be the type of threat we're looking for. Also, we drafted a TE last year that's supposed to be a strong receiving threat. He had a lot of growing pains, but it's probably too early to move on
    I couldn't see a team that would allow SF to be in position for one of the other CB's willing to drop that far unless it was a massive over pay.

ASJ....well there aren't many needs. I almost went ILB with the reason that Bowman won't be ready as I heard yesterday from Jim Harbaugh (he was at PSU's Pro Day). But I think that this really interests them and makes them really flexible with Miller, ASJ, Davis, Vance McDonald to really go on a 3 TE and into a spread without changing on the field personnel and Harbaugh does like that. Also, want to point out, Davis is 30 and going into his 9th season.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I couldn't see a team that would allow SF to be in position for one of the other CB's willing to drop that far unless it was a massive over pay.

ASJ....well there aren't many needs. I almost went ILB with the reason that Bowman won't be ready as I heard yesterday from Jim Harbaugh (he was at PSU's Pro Day). But I think that this really interests them and makes them really flexible with Miller, ASJ, Davis, Vance McDonald to really go on a 3 TE and into a spread without changing on the field personnel and Harbaugh does like that. Also, want to point out, Davis is 30 and going into his 9th season.
    That is the hard part, obviously. I'm hoping one falls, but it's doubtful. It also depends who Harbaugh and Baalke feel is the best out of the 2nd tier. They'll probably make a smaller move if they like Fuller or Roby over Verrett.

If we get a CB and WR we like and ASJ is still there, like your mock, I would be very intrigued to grab him. The potential is definitely there

vCash
    THE CHIEFS DO NOT NEED O-LINE IN THE FIRST, ESPECIALLY AT OT!!!!!!! We already have Donald Stephenson who has shown major promise at RT so I'd be very surprised if the Chiefs went O-line early. We may take a guard, but that position can wait. With Lee there, that pick makes sense.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Seriously if we pass on Jimmie Ward in the 2nd round especially after we don't take a safety in round 1 I might just eat my left arm.

Jimmie Ward would be the pick in Round 2. I'd be confident as all hell in it.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketKings View Post
    Seriously if we pass on Jimmie Ward in the 2nd round especially after we don't take a safety in round 1 I might just eat my left arm.

Jimmie Ward would be the pick in Round 2. I'd be confident as all hell in it.
    Sorry those two were supposed to be flipped. I dunno why when I typed in the teams I accidentally put the Jets in the Ravens slot. I guess cut and paste didn't work properly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    THE CHIEFS DO NOT NEED O-LINE IN THE FIRST, ESPECIALLY AT OT!!!!!!! We already have Donald Stephenson who has shown major promise at RT so I'd be very surprised if the Chiefs went O-line early. We may take a guard, but that position can wait. With Lee there, that pick makes sense.
    Must not have much experience with the Andy Reid draft experience. Here's his picks while in Philly:
    99 Donovan McNabb QB Syracuse 2
    2000 Corey Simon DT Florida State 6
    2001 Freddie Mitchell WR UCLA 25
    2002 Lito Sheppard CB Florida 26
    2003 Jerome McDougle DE Miami 15
    2004 Shawn Andrews OL Arkansas 16
    2005 Mike Patterson DT USC 31
    2006 Brodrick Bunkley DT Florida State 14
    2009 Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri 19
    2010 Brandon Graham DE Michigan
    2011 Danny Watkins G Baylor
    2012 Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi State

1- QB
    2 - WR
    1- CB
    6 - DL
    2 - OL

Andy doesn't like going for skill positions early.

vCash
    the jimmy Johnson value cart inst valued any more imo.. i think this one fits it better.. and most the draft day trades of past 4 or so years fallow it better

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=527

on this chart the lions only give up a 2nd to get the number 2 overall
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    the jimmy Johnson value cart inst valued any more imo.. i think this one fits it better.. and most the draft day trades of past 4 or so years fallow it better

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=527

on this chart the lions only give up a 2nd to get the number 2 overall
    Terrible chart IMO. Last year teams payed more than what I have the Lions giving up for the 8 spot jump.

The truth is really somewhere in the middle. I don't use the Johnson chart because it causes overpay for picks, especially in the top 5. What I have is a realistic option.

vCash

Post FA Mock Revisited (already)

Ya the lions will have to give #10 a second and next years first to make the rams pass up taking one of the top 6 players

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Pretty sure we would go with any other guy. I don't see Caldwell going very hard for a quarterback in round 1.

In the 2nd rpund I'd take Jimmie ward to be our earl thomas

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Terrible chart IMO. Last year teams payed more than what I have the Lions giving up for the 8 spot jump.

The truth is really somewhere in the middle. I don't use the Johnson chart because it causes overpay for picks, especially in the top 5. What I have is a realistic option.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    Ya the lions will have to give #10 a second and next years first to make the rams pass up taking one of the top 6 players

teams dont pay that much any more..

Last year, the Miami Dolphins swapped the 12th overall pick for the third overall pick at the cost of a second-rounder (42nd overall). This is very similar to the move the Lions would have to make with the Rams, and the Lions have the ammunition to do it, as their second-round pick is 45th overall

In 2009, the New York Jets and Browns swapped the fifth and 17th picks at the cost of a second-rounder (52nd overall).

In 2012, the Buccaneers traded from seven to five, costing them an additional fourth-round pick (101st overall).

So it stands to reason, if the Lions want to trade to the fourth or fifth overall pick, it would likely cost them a first- and third-round pick.

some one els did the work on another forum.. he talk more about the 4th and 5th then the 3rd or 2nd but it still holds watter..

a 2nd and a 5th would be over paying to go to 2nd overall

another chart
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Why doesn't Atlanta have a second round pick?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast