Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Resting the starters indefinitely

Simple ?: Support it or no?

#iubb

vCash
    I'm not a big fan of it but I'm behind it. It's been a solid month and a half we've been in this slump and I support Vogel doing anything to get these guys back in a rhythm.

These starters have been consistently getting 30+ minutes a night. I'm looking forward to the 2nd unit really getting a chance to find themselves.

#iubb

vCash
    Awful idea. We only have 3 games left. Play them hard against Miami, cut their minutes drastically the next two. Try and secure the first seed. We will need it to make a deep push in the playoffs. The harder the road the better (first seed will likely play Chicago and Brooklyn.) Although the raptors have kind of been pacer killers this season.

Either way tougher competition is better in the playoffs to prepare us for the ECF. If we get bounced it was never meant to be.
    Last edited by ombada; 04-10-2014 at 02:14 AM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    At the very least I don't think the league would be fine with us sitting all of our starters vs OKC on ABC....we might be able to get by with 2 or possibly 3...but I'm thinking they will strongly recommend us playing PG so they can hype him and Durant.

I think play the starters vs Miami....but don't be afraid to yank them if they are playing bad. Get Allen and Copeland some work to help out with their minutes as well. If we take down Miami and end up with at 1.5 game lead with the tiebreaker and 2 games left it would all but lock us in that spot..Miami plays ATL, Wash, and finish with Phi. 1 team battling for a playoff spot and currently at #8, one that is going for possibly #6, and a team to finish that is pretty bad but will be going all out individually for a shot next year somewhere. I'm thinking you can probably bank on at least one Miami loss after us. So play the starters and rest as much as the NBA allows the next 3 games. I don't want to see our guys OK with sitting out vs Miami...if they do decide to sit someone I want to see them pissed about it because we need the #1 seed and we should want to beat Miami and honestly should hate them.

I'm still wondering why Copeland tied CJ Watson (who was on a pitch count) for the least amount of minutes last night. If a player has more points than minutes he probably didn't play enough...instead Vogel wanted to see Solo Hill trying to bounce the ball off the shot clock for his highlight in the 23 minutes he saw....6 more than Copeland who was our most efficient offensive player and was showing things he hasn't before (like driving and passing) because he only gets 4-6 mop up minutes every 2-3 games and is just a 3 point sideshow at that point. I've been curious where Copeland has been for a while now. If we are shooting 35%...why not put in the guy who is shooting 3s at a better rate than that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    At the very least I don't think the league would be fine with us sitting all of our starters vs OKC on ABC....we might be able to get by with 2 or possibly 3...but I'm thinking they will strongly recommend us playing PG so they can hype him and Durant.

I think play the starters vs Miami....but don't be afraid to yank them if they are playing bad. Get Allen and Copeland some work to help out with their minutes as well. If we take down Miami and end up with at 1.5 game lead with the tiebreaker and 2 games left it would all but lock us in that spot..Miami plays ATL, Wash, and finish with Phi. 1 team battling for a playoff spot and currently at #8, one that is going for possibly #6, and a team to finish that is pretty bad but will be going all out individually for a shot next year somewhere. I'm thinking you can probably bank on at least one Miami loss after us. So play the starters and rest as much as the NBA allows the next 3 games. I don't want to see our guys OK with sitting out vs Miami...if they do decide to sit someone I want to see them pissed about it because we need the #1 seed and we should want to beat Miami and honestly should hate them.

I'm still wondering why Copeland tied CJ Watson (who was on a pitch count) for the least amount of minutes last night. If a player has more points than minutes he probably didn't play enough...instead Vogel wanted to see Solo Hill trying to bounce the ball off the shot clock for his highlight in the 23 minutes he saw....6 more than Copeland who was our most efficient offensive player and was showing things he hasn't before (like driving and passing) because he only gets 4-6 mop up minutes every 2-3 games and is just a 3 point sideshow at that point. I've been curious where Copeland has been for a while now. If we are shooting 35%...why not put in the guy who is shooting 3s at a better rate than that?
    I am with you. I have not understood at all the reluctance to put Copeland in this season let alone just last night. Why is he the last guy on the depth chart? Did he do something to piss Vogel off or something early on?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    I am with you. I have not understood at all the reluctance to put Copeland in this season let alone just last night. Why is he the last guy on the depth chart? Did he do something to piss Vogel off or something early on?
    The only thing I've come up with is that he sees Copeland as a stretch 4 and nothing else....and refuses to put him at the 3. I'll be the first to admit Cope isn't the greatest defender, but when we score less than 30 points in a half does defense really matter? It isn't like we are holding our opponent to 30 points in a half. Against the Bucks it almost looked like Copeland was yanked right after he missed his only shot....

Last year I thought Ian and or even Plumlee at the 4 would have been something to try at times as well depending on the match up either with Roy or both together for shot blocking, rebounding, and athleticism. I think Lance at the 3 with G Hill and Watson would be a good match up against some teams. It seems that only when he has no other option will Vogel play guys out of position. It seems that other than maybe guard we seldom see 2 guys that are labeled as the same position on the floor together. Yes we will see Hill occasionally with Watson, but we never have seen the twin towers lineup that has looked pretty good in pre season...or even the 2 PF lineup with a combination of West, Scolia, and Cope....you want to see a wide open lane for lance put those 3 out there and space them since they all can hit mid range shots. What about a zone busting trio of Lance, PG, and Turner?

I understand not messing with anything while we were playing well, but when the questions started coming I just saw a complete lack of adjustments...and it really has always been this way with Vogel. He sticks with his rotation too much, and other than Lance 1st out and 1st in so he can play with the 2nd unit he doesn't stray for anything but foul trouble or injury. It almost seems at times that Vogel has the game scripted for subs and even time outs and doesn't want to stray from that no matter the flow of the game unless the situation is desperate. I just don't see him rewarding players for playing well with some extra minutes very often...and we have desperately needed some energy and overall guys playing well in the rotation.