Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cool Raiders 2014 Pre-Season Opponents Announced

Home games against Detroit and Seattle, and road contests at Minnesota and Green Bay, round out the Oakland Raiders’ 2014 preseason opponents, released Wednesday by the National Football League.
    Date Opponent Time TV
    Aug. 7-11 at Minnesota Vikings TBA KTVU/KICU
    Aug. 14-18 DETROIT LIONS TBA KTVU/KICU
    Aug. 23 at Green Bay Packers 5 p.m. PT CBS/KPIX Ch. 5
    Aug. 28 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS TBA KTVU/KICU

Non-nationally televised preseason games in 2014 will again be produced in-house by the Emmy-Award-winning Silver and Black Productions, and will air locally on KTVU FOX Channel 2/KICU Action 36. Silver and Black Productions also produces two popular TV shows, The Silver and Black Show, The Raiders Report as well as online programming exclusive to Raiders.com.

The Silver and Black will open at Minnesota’s TCF Bank Stadium on the University of Minnesota campus, marking the first 2014 Vikings’ game at the Golden Gophers’ home facility. The Raiders return home for a Week 2 contest against Detroit, the second time in three seasons that the Lions will have traveled to Oakland for a preseason tilt.

In preseason Week 3 action, the Raiders will travel to Green Bay to face the Packers for a CBS nationally-televised game on Saturday, Aug. 23. It will mark the first time since 1998 that the Raiders have traveled to Green Bay for a preseason match up. Oakland wraps up the preseason at home for just the second time in the past nine seasons, hosting the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks at O.co Coliseum on Thursday, Aug. 28. It will also mark the ninth straight season that the Raiders and Seahawks have met in the preseason finale, and the first time in Oakland since 2010.

Preseason times and specific dates will be announced at a later date.

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    No game against Dallas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Renz13 View Post
    No game against Dallas?
    I was just going to say this...Oakland vs Dallas has become a preseason staple. I miss the annual Battle by the Bay, too.

No Raiders vs Cowboys. No more Raiders vs 49ers. Oh well...it's just preseason

Quote Originally Posted by JMClarkent View Post
    That looked like someones over-aggressive uncle playing football with a bunch of 9 year old boys...

vCash
    That works for me.....I may he able to attend both Green Bay and Minnesota games. I am 2 hrs. From GB and 6 from MPLS. Raiders don't make it that close to me that often. It will truly be a treat to see up close and personal.

vCash
    Green Bay game is actually the 22nd

vCash
    Wow even our preseason schedule is tough.
    I'll be very curious to see how well we can move the ball against Seattle's defense in the last one.

vCash
    ^ think the NFL is using us as a tune up game for the Champs lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    ^ think the NFL is using us as a tune up game for the Champs lol
    Ha let's stick it to the Raiders and crush their hope before the season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by csraiders View Post
    Ha let's stick it to the Raiders and crush their hope before the season
    lmao

vCash
    haha if they havent done it yet, good luck to them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Wow even our preseason schedule is tough.
    I'll be very curious to see how well we can move the ball against Seattle's defense in the last one.
    A lot of times, the 1's don't even start the 4th game, bunch of 3rd stringers fighting for a spot on Spec Teams or practice squad, not really even a comparison to a real game, but usually entertaining.

The GB game will test our D some, give us a measuring stick to guage by, give the 2's a shot at Flynn.

I know my job is on the line!!