Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Matt Moore Has Tear in UCL

Unclear as to the severity of the tear. Going to everyone's favorite doctor for a second opinion. If the tear is small enough, he could rehab and pitch through it, but it often results in Tommy John surgery.

Twitter and ESPN as sources. No link because I'm on my phone.

vCash

Matt Moore Has Tear in UCL

The rehab thing makes me laugh. It never works

The Cult of Gattis

vCash

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    To bad to hear this. Another good young pitcher getting a UCL injury. These guys need better training in order to prevent these injuries.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    I am not wishing this surgery on anyone and I wish this ongoing problem could cease to exist but it is very unfortunate that it always seems to happen to talented young pitchers. Never happens to a crappy "phil hughes" type pitcher. Hopefully he can have a quick recovery.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    The rehab thing makes me laugh. It never works
    Ditto, it is asinine for a MLB player not to get Tommy John. I had a tear in my UCL my junior year of high school. Opted for no surgery and rehabbed my *** off. Didn't even make it through our spring scrimmages my senior year.

vCash
    It's amazing how many high profile young pitchers have gone down to this injury in the last year. Harvey, Medlen, Beachy, Bundy, Taillon, Parker, and presumably Moore just to name a few.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/03/...-john-surgery/

As of July 2013, there were 124 MLB players on a list of active pitchers whod had Tommy John surgery. That represented roughly a third of the 360 who started the 2013 season an alarming statistic. Because the list is incomplete for 2013 and does not include those who have had or face the surgery this season, Ive added the information below. Even though we are only in spring training, the list is expanding quickly.
    Just nuts.

vCash
    How has this become such a growing issue all of a sudden?

Do all of these pitchers have bad mechanics?
    Future Ace

vCash
    What is going on? How is this happening? This is an epidemic .. ls there something in the water?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    To bad to hear this. Another good young pitcher getting a UCL injury. These guys need better training in order to prevent these injuries.
    If there was some universal way to prevent this injury every team would be doing it.

vCash
    I think it's the development of a pitcher that causes this.. pitchers in the past relied on control and used more change ups and curvs.. now its all about the slider which alot of these pitchers blow their arm throwing. My father used to pitch and he believes this is y.. of course just an opinion

vCash
    I remember an old ball coach I had when I was in little league meantioning that pitchers shouldnt throw sliders till there atleast 16 and use it rarely

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nandovelez View Post
    I remember an old ball coach I had when I was in little league meantioning that pitchers shouldnt throw sliders till there atleast 16 and use it rarely
    They shouldn't be doing anything other then working on command and working different spots. Perhaps learning to take something off a pitch resembling a change but, not snapping curve balls or breaking pitches.

vCash
    Thats kinda wat im trying to get at... most of these kids learn these pitches.before their arm develops its a problem that cant Be fixed.. its unfortunate how many of these young pitchers blow there arm out

vCash
    There is nothing inherently wrong with throwing a slider or anything else. Trouble can come from making your arm do things it's not supposed to. Like snapping the wrist when throwing a forkball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast