Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Boras, Drew, and Tejada

Since Ruben Tejada is making more than a few of us look silly now, any ideas what Scott Boras does with his client, Mr. Drew, if the much maligned (by me, in particular) Mr. Tejada keeps performing this well?

Granted its only been a week but wouldn't it be nice if he keeps producing, especially since Mr. Drew will lose a prospective employer on account of his agent being such a prick?

Brings a smile to my face!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I'm not sold on tejada at all. He could drop off the face of the earth at the blink of an eye.. And if he gets injured we are screwed. Still need to sign another ss

He's been playing well but he should just be a bench player

Hope we can work something out or that it gives us some bargaining leverage at least... But it's not so much as Drew vs Tejada as it is Drew + Tejada vs tejada + garbage
    Last edited by VendettaRed07; 04-09-2014 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Since Ruben Tejada is making more than a few of us look silly now...
    I think you should wait until at least May 15 to decide if you look silly or not.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    You ride him when he's hot... Kid had a nice double the other game, and came up big last night.

#hatersgonnahate

vCash
    Since Ruben Tejada is making more than a few of us look silly now, any ideas what Scott Boras does with his client, Mr. Drew, if the much maligned (by me, in particular) Mr. Tejada keeps performing this well?

Granted its only been a week but wouldn't it be nice if he keeps producing, especially since Mr. Drew will lose a prospective employer on account of his agent being such a prick?

Nice to see Tejada contribute, but seriously... anyway I do agree with you on Boras.

vCash

There is nothing like a Rueben.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Tejada is doing a nice job at the plate he's going back to his line drive approach. If he can hit .280/.340/.360 he will be a solid SS.

The Future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    Tejada is doing a nice job at the plate he's going back to his line drive approach. If he can hit .280/.340/.360 he will be a solid SS.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I think you should wait until at least May 15 to decide if you look silly or not.
    That ship sailed long ago.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I've been saying all winter that Boras and Drew were painting themselves into a corner, and I have supported Sandy for not bending over for these *** holes.

I'm happy to see Tejada doing well, and hope he keeps it up. Even if he doesn't, Drew should not be considered.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Tejada hasn't done anything special yet. It's been 7 games.

So far he's hitting .286/.400/.333 with a .400 BABIP and 24 K%. Those Ks are going to need to come down substantially if he's going to have success, and the walks will surely go down.

Lets re-evaluate at the end of the month at least. Drew is still needed on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo:28293111
    I've been saying all winter that Boras and Drew were painting themselves into a corner, and I have supported Sandy for not bending over for these *** holes.

I'm happy to see Tejada doing well, and hope he keeps it up. Even if he doesn't, Drew should not be considered.
    *** holes, pricks, same difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

So far he's hitting .286/.400/.333 with a .400 BABIP and 24 K%. Those Ks are going to need to come down substantially if he's going to have success, and the walks will surely go down.

Lets re-evaluate at the end of the month at least. Drew is still needed on this team.
    Better yet lets trade him while his value is at it's zenith.

vCash
    Meh

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Yeah, Tejada hitting .286 with a .400 BABIP is not exactly something we should count on. It still amazes me that outfielders play him as deep as they do when 90% of his hits into the outfield are bloops.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast