Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500

    Who does any/each prospect remind you of ?(retired or playing )

    Simple comparison of this years 2014 NFL DRAFT players/prospects/picks to players already playing ..

    Try to make the comparison based on talent , size whatever more so than steal(drafted late he will be the next Tom Brady ) ..let's avoid that though feel free to add that but don't use it as your only way to compare a player.

    Remember it's any player who would even go undrafted if you wish and say they're play style or whatever reminds you of player X thus you'd compare them to or claim they're the next ...whoever .

    It doesn't have to be on the money just close it helps give people an idea of a player they haven't researched enough or seen .

    Like when Hakeem Nicks WR was drafted I had thought of him similar to Anquan Boldin ..makes tough catches with string big hands and can run over ppl unlike most wrs ..more of a strong power WR but he's faster than boldin ...that was my comparison for him back then.(and if he wasn't injury prone I'd say he would of been better than boldin ) .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500
    Basically pick reasons why a prospect reminds you of a pro , I'm sure we may all have an opinion or 2 different easily lol but let's try not to argue (disagreeing is fine of course ) .

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,058
    vCash
    1500
    Blake bortles- big Ben
    Sammy watkins- Justin blackmon
    Aaron donald-John randle

    The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

    #InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,583
    vCash
    1777
    I've been meaning to do this, with some of my "own" and not just ones I copied from everyone else.

    Greg Robinson: Tony Boselli

    Here's why: The last OT to be the best run blocker AND pass blocker at LT in the NFL may have been Tony B. GR has a ways to go in pro but he has every damn bit of ability to make it there. Same dude coming out IMO too.

    Tom Savage: Locker with no legs

    Mettenberger: Glennon/Flacco

    Eric Ebron: God

    Allen Robinson: Cheddar Burress

    Jeremy Gallon: Donald Driver...not the size but just that whole style if feels like him.


    The easiest most accurate one in the whole deal is Jordy Nelson and Jordan Matthews.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,968
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I've been meaning to do this, with some of my "own" and not just ones I copied from everyone else.

    Greg Robinson: Tony Boselli

    Here's why: The last OT to be the best run blocker AND pass blocker at LT in the NFL may have been Tony B. GR has a ways to go in pro but he has every damn bit of ability to make it there. Same dude coming out IMO too.

    Tom Savage: Locker with no legs

    Mettenberger: Glennon/Flacco

    Eric Ebron: God

    Allen Robinson: Cheddar Burress

    Jeremy Gallon: Donald Driver...not the size but just that whole style if feels like him.


    The easiest most accurate one in the whole deal is Jordy Nelson and Jordan Matthews.
    respect on the boselli comparison.

    i see savage as more of a flacco

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,284
    vCash
    3425
    Sammy Watkins: Corredell Patterson

    Jake Matthews: Joe Thomas

    Jarvis Landry: Earl Bennett

    Johnny Manziel: Doug Flutie
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

    On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,583
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life;28295210u
    respect on the boselli comparison.

    i see savage as more of a flacco
    Most talented left tackle who also had the mentality that he wanted to kill you
    Last edited by Norm; 04-09-2014 at 09:04 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dirty Duval
    Posts
    6,968
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Most talented left tackle who also had the mentality that he wanted to kill you
    hahah true

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,197
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I've been meaning to do this, with some of my "own" and not just ones I copied from everyone else.

    Greg Robinson: Tony Boselli

    Here's why: The last OT to be the best run blocker AND pass blocker at LT in the NFL may have been Tony B. GR has a ways to go in pro but he has every damn bit of ability to make it there. Same dude coming out IMO too.

    Tom Savage: Locker with no legs

    Mettenberger: Glennon/Flacco

    Eric Ebron: God

    Allen Robinson: Cheddar Burress

    Jeremy Gallon: Donald Driver...not the size but just that whole style if feels like him.


    The easiest most accurate one in the whole deal is Jordy Nelson and Jordan Matthews.
    Yikes...Locker with no legs? So, he's basically terrible?

    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sammy Watkins: Corredell Patterson

    Jake Matthews: Joe Thomas

    Jarvis Landry: Earl Bennett

    Johnny Manziel: Doug Flutie
    100x more polished than Patterson coming in to the NFL.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Milford,CT ..never move here lol
    Posts
    5,777
    vCash
    1500
    I think mike Evans sort of reminds me of plax ..he's not Braylon Edwards but he's big and uses his body properly but idk if his hands are on par with plays .

    He's def not Calvin ..I don't even think he's a big WR in the likes of Marshall or Alshon Jeffery ..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Kennewick, Washington
    Posts
    4,032
    vCash
    1500
    Mike Evans - Vincent Jackson
    Aaron Donald - Geno Atkins
    Tajh Boyd - McNabb (kinda, just how he moves and throws)
    I also think Martavis Bryant has a little bit of Moss in him. He's got the size and speed. Won't produce the numbers or be as good but I think he has some characteristics that I think really resembles him.

    ODB also reminds me of Tate and Landry is physical like Boldin but doesn't have the size as him. He'll make the tough catches.
    Last edited by seahawks509; 04-10-2014 at 06:22 PM.

    PSD NFL Mock Draft | Seattle Seahawks GM
    2nd Demarcus Lawrence DE/OLB Boise State
    3rd Martavis Bryant WR Clemson
    3rd Trai Turner OG LSU
    4th Brent Urban DT Virginia
    4th Terrence West RB Towson
    5th Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    7th Laurent Duvernay-Tardif OT McGill (Canada)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,583
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker117 View Post
    I think mike Evans sort of reminds me of plax ..he's not Braylon Edwards but he's big and uses his body properly but idk if his hands are on par with plays .

    He's def not Calvin ..I don't even think he's a big WR in the likes of Marshall or Alshon Jeffery ..
    Robinson is Burress IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,109
    vCash
    500
    Johnny Manziel - Justin Beiber

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    13,154
    vCash
    1500
    love the Gallon to Driver comparison

    Johnny Manziel - Brett Favre
    Rashede Hageman - Sheldon Richardson
    Scott Crichton - Justin Smith
    Dominique Easley - Reggie White
    ASJ -Tony Gonzalez
    Jadeveon Clowney - God
    Take Notes Rook

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    86,583
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    love the Gallon to Driver comparison

    Johnny Manziel - Brett Favre
    Rashede Hageman - Sheldon Richardson
    Scott Crichton - Justin Smith
    Dominique Easley - Reggie White
    ASJ -Tony Gonzalez
    Jadeveon Clowney - God
    Now I'm scared.

    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •