Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kevin Love watch

Rumors/trade ideas/thoughts of him staying go here

vCash
    If there is any minuscule chance of him staying, keep him here...the other option is trading him and going rebuild for a minimal 3 more years. I would rather hold on to the hope of keeping him, no matter how minuscule it is...and I recognize the chance is minuscule.

far-fetched chance....Get lucky in lottery, draft Jabari Parker or Wiggins, find a way to get Westbrook on the team (likely means Rubio and Pek gone)...boom! team is all of a sudden a force with two world class players, and a world class youngen.

Other scenario...get lucky in lottery, trade that top 3 pick along with Rubio or Pek for Westbrook. Trade whichever one of Rubio or Pek is left for legitimate wing help.

There are scenarios where Love can stay here, but they revolve around striking gold in the lottery, hoping for a big trade, and then hoping Love extends his contract.

I take that chance rather than going rebuild again, and god knows how long it will take us to even get back to the point we are at now....in short...any chance at retaining Love > going rebuild again for 3-7 years.

vCash
    I see your a dream weaver like myself but in all reality dude Love wants the bright lights. He should want to take his talent to the biggest stage. Lets be real with ourselves and get a king's ransom for the guy. If you try and hold onto a woman with a wandering eye its going to be hell to pay.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Purple28Beast View Post
    I see your a dream weaver like myself but in all reality dude Love wants the bright lights. He should want to take his talent to the biggest stage. Lets be real with ourselves and get a king's ransom for the guy. If you try and hold onto a woman with a wandering eye its going to be hell to pay.
    Very wise!
    Last edited by DW3421; 04-09-2014 at 10:07 AM.

vCash
    Give Pick, Pekovic and Rubio for Westbrook.

Wolves United

vCash
    With the agreement that when the deal is done Love will extend 3+ years.

Westbrook
    Martin
    Brewer
    Love
    Dieng
    Quote Originally Posted by viksalltheway! View Post
    guys like me would be more like an assistant to the GM
    The Minnesota Twins rank in the top 7 when it comes to assessing the strength of team....announcers. http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/your...medium=twitter

vCash
    Love stays here, regardless of what the team looks like - that's my opinion, he is highly unlikely to find a better supporting cast on any teams that can afford him unless he is willing to take substantially less money. He has great chemistry with Rubio and Brewer, and this team vastly under performed(yes, I know, it's routine with the Wolves and will probably never change). I am not a huge fan of Westbrook. If you think he is attainable for that price(which he is not), i'd rather go after Llilard, Uncle Drew, Wall. Like I've said before, Love is a great player, but if you still have Rubio and Pek(who has to play more than 72 games a season to be worth it), you don't need a total rebuild.
    Last edited by Oefarmy2005; 04-09-2014 at 11:23 AM.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple28Beast View Post
    You got me wrong. I am sure Love is all but gone, but, since we have a player like him on our team, I think you go all in, if there is any chance at all on retaining him. Whether we trade him or simply just lose him in FA, we are in for yet another long rebuild.

vCash
    I dont venture in here much but to read the talk but I do follow the T-Wolves...That being said, from my standpoint, you trade love and get what you can. Either way I think we are looking at another long re-build, might as well kick start it by a year or two.

If the Lakers offer us their pick+ for Love I think we take it. A top 3 talent in this draft+our pick in a deep draft (hopefully find a gem and by that I mean solid contributor not necessarily a star). That also leaves us flexible with what we do with Dieng and Pek. If Love moves I move Pek as well. Build with Rubio+Dieng+3rd pick+Our pick and gives us a mountain full of cap space to go after a FA.

Rubio
    Stauskus (our pick)
    Parker/Wiggins (Lakers pick)
    FA 4
    Dieng

Would we be looking at another rebuild? For sure. But that is a lot of young promising talent and if 2 of those guys turn out to be stars I think we are in a better position then we are now. We pretty much know what we have in Rubio (and by that I mean a good PG but probably wont be an all-star), Dieng at the very least will be a solid D presence in the line-up at best a solid center that is strong D, and then a young athletic scoring wing in Parker/Wiggins and a guy who can shoot the lights out in Stauskus.

Idk, that just seems solid to me and may get us further then Rubio/Love/Pek

vCash
    history says you don't trade a top 10 player at age 25 until the last possible moment.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I dont venture in here much but to read the talk but I do follow the T-Wolves...That being said, from my standpoint, you trade love and get what you can. Either way I think we are looking at another long re-build, might as well kick start it by a year or two.

If the Lakers offer us their pick+ for Love I think we take it. A top 3 talent in this draft+our pick in a deep draft (hopefully find a gem and by that I mean solid contributor not necessarily a star). That also leaves us flexible with what we do with Dieng and Pek. If Love moves I move Pek as well. Build with Rubio+Dieng+3rd pick+Our pick and gives us a mountain full of cap space to go after a FA.

Rubio
    Stauskus (our pick)
    Parker/Wiggins (Lakers pick)
    FA 4
    Dieng

Would we be looking at another rebuild? For sure. But that is a lot of young promising talent and if 2 of those guys turn out to be stars I think we are in a better position then we are now. We pretty much know what we have in Rubio (and by that I mean a good PG but probably wont be an all-star), Dieng at the very least will be a solid D presence in the line-up at best a solid center that is strong D, and then a young athletic scoring wing in Parker/Wiggins and a guy who can shoot the lights out in Stauskus.

Idk, that just seems solid to me and may get us further then Rubio/Love/Pek
    does anyone think a team would offer a top 3 pick for Love?

Not this year. I can guarantee it.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I wouldn't take a top 3 pick this year without other assets anyways.

vCash
    True but I think NBA history says if there is an inkling a star player wants brighter lights/championship that that player will leave. I just would hate to see us get nothing in return for Love and be in a hole like we were when we drafted him in the first place.

vCash
    Also agreed a top 3 pick for Love is a stretch but I could see the Lakers, with the pressure of Kobe retiring soon, would do it. Get him something proven to play with and something they could potentially build off of once Kobe is done. Any of the other teams no way do I think they give up their top pick this year.

Also dont flame me too hard, my hockey knowledge far exceeds my knowledge in this realm, just trying to branch out. If I am completely off base with thinking that the Lakers would do this let me know. I just could see them going for a quicker more for sure fix.
    Last edited by pidg88; 04-09-2014 at 11:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    True but I think NBA history says if there is an inkling a star player wants brighter lights/championship that that player will leave. I just would hate to see us get nothing in return for Love and be in a hole like we were when we drafted him in the first place.
    oh, no, if push comes to shove, we will trade him at the deadline. Its just a pure fact that trading him this summer has a HUGE probability of not being the right choice.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast