Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Post Mortem Thread

There's going to be a lot of disbelief, anger, regret and a whole lot of feelings going through Leaf Nation the next little while. Vent your frustration, and concerns here and I'll leave this open for a week or two until something significant happens.
    If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

vCash
    Lol..isn't this kinda of like the Blow it up thread

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    Well it was fun while it lasted, quite the rollercoaster of a season but changes be coming boys.

Hopefully the NHL sees our woes and we get some assistance in the lottery to grab Ekblad.

vCash
    Man I hate when I'm right about the Leafs...why can't I be right with other things in life that actually matter

So there's my most recent rant. Many of you will respond to me with some rhetoric in regards to overreacting, not having patience, etc... But mark my words...if major changes do not occur, this team will finish in 10-12th place in the weak East this year. Someone please quote me!!!
    Last edited by passengershawn; 01-09-2014 at 05:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyBall20 View Post
    Lol..isn't this kinda of like the Blow it up thread

Nah, this is so we don't have 30 threads that get way off topic / personal lol At one point we had 4 threads talking about trades so I figure since we're all mad, just put all the grief into one thread lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Nah, this is so we don't have 30 threads that get way off topic / personal lol At one point we had 4 threads talking about trades so I figure since we're all mad, just put all the grief into one thread lol
    Lol..so True.

I wonder what leafs players are thinking about right now in Florida...

“The pleasure of rooting for Goliath is that you can expect to win. The pleasure of rooting for David is that, while you don’t know what to expect, you stand at least a chance of being inspired.”

vCash
    ^ lol I see what you're getting at there.

vCash
    Other than checking out a select few of my friends who aren't into sports and wishing one a happy birthday. I managed to avoid Facebook for the day since I figured that there are people just gloating over the elimination. Leaf fans everywhere have every right to be pissed off. A month ago, we were 3rd in the East, we were excited to join the Raptors for playoff action. Then bam! Reality decides to be smart *** and punch us in the face and give us the train wreck. At least I have today and tomorrow off.

vCash
    I hate soccer but I had to play FIFA 14 for like 10 hours straight just to avoid getting too angry lol On the plus side I worked my way from Football League 1 to Premier League!

vCash
    What is it that Shanny can bring to the Leafs organization?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Borough View Post
    Good sense of humor

vCash
    Hopefully some hometown boys that can actually play.. Other than that the guy was just a winner. A bit of a douche in game, but a winner none the less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JaysLeafs98 View Post
    Hopefully some hometown boys that can actually play.. Other than that the guy was just a winner. A bit of a douche in game, but a winner none the less.
    Where is he going to get these guys and how is he the only one that can bring them. Im unsure how his winning way will effect the leafs whats he going to do give a few pep talks

vCash
    Where is he going to get these guys and how is he the only one that can bring them. Im unsure how his winning way will effect the leafs whats he going to do give a few pep talks
    He can speak with the players on the team currently about what it takes, and maybe someone like him can help the leadership group of this team, get their heads straight. Honestly I think Sundin would be a better choice because of how much he loved playing here, but that doesn't look to be in the cards. Shanny isn't the only guy who could be of value to us, but if you look at teams like Boston bringing in Neely, Colorado bringing in Sakic, and Vancouver bringing in Linden, there seems to be a consensus that these guys do make a difference.

vCash
    I guess I regret that the Leafs signed Clarkson & Bozak and let go of Grabovski and Mac. At least Mac was a good scoring winger and a possession guy, something this team desperately lacks. I know some have claimed Mac "isn't doing anything when he's not scoring", but he's a good possession guy and on a team that struggles to do that, he was an underrated and important piece of secondary scoring. Grabovski could play a strong 2 way game and clearly wasn't done despite what so many here said. Bozak had a good year here, but I don't think anybody can expect him to repeat it - not to mention he's not strong enough defensively and isn't a legit #1 C going forward. They signed him because they were familiar with him, and it hurts the team because it's unlikely they'll try to get a #1 C because Bozak is the de facto numero uno C.

I'm also sad that Ashton and a few of the younger players didn't get a ton of ice time because in theory they could be useful pieces for next year, but we don't have a great idea of what to expect because they didn't play that often. Also that Reimer's trade value is killed. On the bright side though Bernier had a fantastic season.

Also disappointed that it'll probably be just Carlyle who gets the axe, but not Nonis in addition, who had a pretty big issue identifying who was helping and hurting this team in the offseason.

Vic Mackey: You better figure out how much you hate me. And how you're going to deal with that. 'Cause I'm not going anywhere.

This sums up every sports interview, ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast