Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 114
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777

    2014 NFL Draft JUST RANDOM TALK Thread

    I just saw Allen Robinson verted 42 inches.


    What the hell? Who saw that coming

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I just saw Allen Robinson verted 42 inches.


    What the hell? Who saw that coming
    I don't know about 42, but I knew he could jump pretty well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I don't know about 42, but I knew he could jump pretty well.
    40 freaking 2 man. 42 inch vert is nuts. He jumps but I never would have guessed 42.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    40 freaking 2 man. 42 inch vert is nuts. He jumps but I never would have guessed 42.
    I'd say solidly in the 2nd round at this point, maybe sneaks into 1st?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'd say solidly in the 2nd round at this point, maybe sneaks into 1st?
    He feels like a 30s prospect to me. I'm not even that big of a fan myself but I do see the appeal (not because of the vert). If he landed in GB I would be like "yeah, should have seen that coming"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,718
    vCash
    1500
    My random thought, I haven't seen a draft so undecided in a long time when it comes to prospects. People are torn over so many guys. Robinson vs Matthews, Clowney's work ethic, Manziel as a whole, apparently now Dennard and Gilbert have seen their stocks drop, Barr is loved or disliked, Bortles, Teddy, and so on.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,718
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    He feels like a 30s prospect to me. I'm not even that big of a fan myself but I do see the appeal (not because of the vert). If he landed in GB I would be like "yeah, should have seen that coming"
    I could see SF taking him, could very well do what Crabtree does for us but alot cheaper.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    My random thought, I haven't seen a draft so undecided in a long time when it comes to prospects. People are torn over so many guys. Robinson vs Matthews, Clowney's work ethic, Manziel as a whole, apparently now Dennard and Gilbert have seen their stocks drop, Barr is loved or disliked, Bortles, Teddy, and so on.
    I don't know about all of that.

    Certainly Clowney being the once in a decade guy isn't coming totally true (on the web).

    The Manziel thing is probably the most polarizing prospect ever, that I've ever seen anyway.

    Seems to me the rest of that happens every year.


    Manziel is fascinating. I read a 60 page thread this weekend just because I couldn't stop seeing all the opinions.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,265
    vCash
    1500
    Robinson had tons of hype, then nothing, now the hype train is back. I think he settles in the 30-55 range on draft day. That vert really surprised me though...42 inches is like 99th percentile hops.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Robinson had tons of hype, then nothing, now the hype train is back. I think he settles in the 30-55 range on draft day. That vert really surprised me though...42 inches is like 99th percentile hops.
    I think he was always right in there.

    I think the 40 at the combine made everyone cool on him is all. I think.....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,283
    vCash
    3425
    I was at the PSU Pro day today hanging with some HCs and GMs. Jaws dropped when he hit 42. Allen just walked away and winked at coaches. DeQuan Jones had a HUGE day today. But Allen dropped one pass all day.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

    On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I was at the PSU Pro day today hanging with some HCs and GMs. Jaws dropped when he hit 42. Allen just walked away and winked at coaches. DeQuan Jones had a HUGE day today. But Allen dropped one pass all day.
    4 ****ing 2.

    I'm still stunned.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,283
    vCash
    3425
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    4 ****ing 2.

    I'm still stunned.
    I think he coulda hit 43 if he tried again. That was literally his walk off.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

    On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    85,822
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think he coulda hit 43 if he tried again. That was literally his walk off.
    Probably but still. 42. I didn't think he had that in him.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lancaster, Pa
    Posts
    13,283
    vCash
    3425
    Rewatch the catch against Michigan and you won't be so shocked. I was more shocked at his slow combine 40 than his 42 vert. Don't forget he is 6'2" with a 6'11" arm span. Not like has small.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

    On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •