Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 NFL Draft JUST RANDOM TALK Thread

I just saw Allen Robinson verted 42 inches.

What the hell? Who saw that coming

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I just saw Allen Robinson verted 42 inches.

What the hell? Who saw that coming
    I don't know about 42, but I knew he could jump pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I don't know about 42, but I knew he could jump pretty well.
    40 freaking 2 man. 42 inch vert is nuts. He jumps but I never would have guessed 42.

vCash
    40 freaking 2 man. 42 inch vert is nuts. He jumps but I never would have guessed 42.
    I'd say solidly in the 2nd round at this point, maybe sneaks into 1st?

vCash
    I'd say solidly in the 2nd round at this point, maybe sneaks into 1st?
    He feels like a 30s prospect to me. I'm not even that big of a fan myself but I do see the appeal (not because of the vert). If he landed in GB I would be like "yeah, should have seen that coming"

vCash
    My random thought, I haven't seen a draft so undecided in a long time when it comes to prospects. People are torn over so many guys. Robinson vs Matthews, Clowney's work ethic, Manziel as a whole, apparently now Dennard and Gilbert have seen their stocks drop, Barr is loved or disliked, Bortles, Teddy, and so on.

vCash
    He feels like a 30s prospect to me. I'm not even that big of a fan myself but I do see the appeal (not because of the vert). If he landed in GB I would be like "yeah, should have seen that coming"
    I could see SF taking him, could very well do what Crabtree does for us but alot cheaper.

vCash
    My random thought, I haven't seen a draft so undecided in a long time when it comes to prospects. People are torn over so many guys. Robinson vs Matthews, Clowney's work ethic, Manziel as a whole, apparently now Dennard and Gilbert have seen their stocks drop, Barr is loved or disliked, Bortles, Teddy, and so on.
    I don't know about all of that.

Certainly Clowney being the once in a decade guy isn't coming totally true (on the web).

The Manziel thing is probably the most polarizing prospect ever, that I've ever seen anyway.

Seems to me the rest of that happens every year.

Manziel is fascinating. I read a 60 page thread this weekend just because I couldn't stop seeing all the opinions.

vCash
    Robinson had tons of hype, then nothing, now the hype train is back. I think he settles in the 30-55 range on draft day. That vert really surprised me though...42 inches is like 99th percentile hops.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Robinson had tons of hype, then nothing, now the hype train is back. I think he settles in the 30-55 range on draft day. That vert really surprised me though...42 inches is like 99th percentile hops.
    I think he was always right in there.

I think the 40 at the combine made everyone cool on him is all. I think.....

vCash
    I was at the PSU Pro day today hanging with some HCs and GMs. Jaws dropped when he hit 42. Allen just walked away and winked at coaches. DeQuan Jones had a HUGE day today. But Allen dropped one pass all day.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I was at the PSU Pro day today hanging with some HCs and GMs. Jaws dropped when he hit 42. Allen just walked away and winked at coaches. DeQuan Jones had a HUGE day today. But Allen dropped one pass all day.
    4 ****ing 2.

I'm still stunned.

vCash
    4 ****ing 2.

I'm still stunned.
    I think he coulda hit 43 if he tried again. That was literally his walk off.

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think he coulda hit 43 if he tried again. That was literally his walk off.
    Probably but still. 42. I didn't think he had that in him.

vCash
    Rewatch the catch against Michigan and you won't be so shocked. I was more shocked at his slow combine 40 than his 42 vert. Don't forget he is 6'2" with a 6'11" arm span. Not like has small.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast