Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Can Shabazz Napier make it in the NBA?

IMO he has been the pound for pound best player in the country this season, he has led his team to great victories and made the big plays when need be.

But he is only 6' and doesnt have a 'NBA body'.

Do you guys think he can be a star or will he end up like Kemba? Also, where would you pick him? Late lotto or end of 1st/2nd?

vCash
    i not sure where he goes in the draft. He reminds be of Dana Barros though. I think there is a spot in the league for him

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    star? no ,but i think he can carve out a niche for himself if he bulks up (a 6th/7th man type)

where would i pick him? late teens/early 20's,but i think some team will reach on him earlier than that

vCash
    I see him as a serviceable back-up PG. I think he is a late first round pick, but i think he might be reached on.
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    chance to be a good backup PG probably. He could be a Derek Fisher type down the line.

edit: not nearly as good of a defender
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 04-08-2014 at 02:58 PM.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Of course he's gonna make it to the NBA cause he's gonna get drafted lmao. The title makes it sound like he isn't even gonna get drafted. This thread should of been re-worded "Can Shabazz Napier Be Successful in the NBA?"

vCash
    Made a thread about this in the college section a few days back. Would be nice if people actually went to that section to check if something was being discussed before creating a topic in the wrong area.

vCash
    Jameer Nelson-lite. Undersized, decent quickness, ability to hit the three, decent passing ability but not spectacular but mostly aided by his ability to get into the paint. For a guy who's as ball-dominant as he is (even yesterday it was apparent how much he loves dribbling aimlessly) I'm not sure how eager I'd be to have him as my PG. Jameer was flat out a better scorer and a better shooter, and much stronger. I don't think Bazz has that upside. A Jameer Nelson-lite can be a decent back up. Nothing more.

Maybe Jerryd Bayless? Not as big, but I think his game translates similarly.

Some Magic fans seem interested in him with our WoNK pick (probably 12th overall). That's a huge reach IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    Made a thread about this in the college section a few days back. Would be nice if people actually went to that section to check if something was being discussed before creating a topic in the wrong area.
    But nobody goes there. This thread might already have more replies than that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Jameer Nelson-lite. Undersized, decent quickness, ability to hit the three, decent passing ability but not spectacular but mostly aided by his ability to get into the paint. For a guy who's as ball-dominant as he is (even yesterday it was apparent how much he loves dribbling aimlessly) I'm not sure how eager I'd be to have him as my PG. Jameer was flat out a better scorer and a better shooter, and much stronger. I don't think Bazz has that upside. A Jameer Nelson-lite can be a decent back up. Nothing more.

Maybe Jerryd Bayless? Not as big, but I think his game translates similarly.

Some Magic fans seem interested in him with our WoNK pick (probably 12th overall). That's a huge reach IMO.
    He is a late 1st or 2nd round guy. That Xavier PG Christon is better and he is a 2nd round guy. People always fall in love with a player that dominates in the tourney, kind of like Miles Simon and the Obanon bros in the 90's. Napier has gotten better every year, but he is a 4 year player, so he should be better than a bunch of Freshmen and Sophs in college. He might be like a Farmar.

vCash
    I think he's gonna be more than serviceable, you can't measure heart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    But nobody goes there. This thread might already have more replies than that one.
    That's my point. If people actually went there to discuss this sort of stuff then it would be more active. The only reason people don't go there is out of sheer laziness. Anything to do with the NCAA (like that dunk thread) should be in the college ball section and if you want to discuss it you MUST go there.

Otherwise, just close that section and merge it with this one, call it General Basketball, discuss NBA, D-league, International, College etc

vCash
    Small role player/Bench player or D-League player at most
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    He is a late 1st or 2nd round guy. That Xavier PG Christon is better and he is a 2nd round guy. People always fall in love with a player that dominates in the tourney, kind of like Miles Simon and the Obanon bros in the 90's. Napier has gotten better every year, but he is a 4 year player, so he should be better than a bunch of Freshmen and Sophs in college. He might be like a Farmar.
    Yeah. I totally agree. I just said in the Magic forum that Shabazz is still the same guy he's been for a while now; there's a reason he was considered a second round pick for so long. A hot tournament doesn't change who he really is. His measurables just aren't good enough to me. He can stick, but in the lottery there's just WAY more upside worth taking than an assured back up PG. I mean, what's his best NBA-level trait? I'm not even sure...and whatever it is doesn't project to be elite. I'd probably say his handles are, but in a way that plays into a huge weakness of his: his ball-dominating ways. He loves holding the ball, too much.

(PS I follow the A10 a ton, saw Semaj Christon play live twice in 2012-13...been a fan ever since. He's got NBA skills for sure)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    That's my point. If people actually went there to discuss this sort of stuff then it would be more active. The only reason people don't go there is out of sheer laziness. Anything to do with the NCAA (like that dunk thread) should be in the college ball section and if you want to discuss it you MUST go there.

Otherwise, just close that section and merge it with this one, call it General Basketball, discuss NBA, D-league, International, College etc
    college basketball just doesn't get the interest, and Napier is now an NBA prospect. Is what it is.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast