Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Amar'e Stoudemire wanted to cut Heat down to size

MIAMI - Amar'e Stoudemire was stunned that J.R. Smith took an NBA-record 22 three-pointers on Sunday. He had an even harder time believing the game plan wasn't to get the ball inside more.
    The Heat played a small lineup for much of its 102-91 victory over the Knicks. In the fourth quarter, Stoudemire scored inside on consecutive trips as the Knicks moved within seven. But those were the only two shots in the quarter for Stoudemire, who shot 5-for-9.
    "We always preach that if you're open, shoot it," he said. "But a team that goes small, you got to somewhat take advantage of that . . . Opportunities like that you got to take advantage of, you got to make that guy play some defense out there, especially when he's undersized and he's guarding myself or Tyson [Chandler].''
    Melo can rest up
    The Knicks don't play again until Friday, so Carmelo Anthony will get some needed rest and treatment on his ailing right shoulder. Anthony said he hasn't had an MRI yet but feels no strength in his shoulder. He has shot 9-for-31 and scored 23 points in his last two games. "As the game went on, trying to bang with those guys, physically I didn't even have it," he said. "It felt weird for me because I'm a physical guy. This week is big. Hopefully I can rest it and get as much treatment as I can and really get down to the bottom of what's really going on."
    Fast breaks
    Tim Hardaway Jr. was 0-for-7. In his first two NBA games in Miami, where he grew up, he's 2-for-22 . . . Smith's 22 three-point tries shattered his Knicks record of 17 set earlier this season. His 10 makes broke the franchise mark of nine he shared with John Starks, Latrell Sprewell and Toney Douglas.

vCash
    I agree with stat, also; that was a bad display of basketball by the Knicks. Fortunately, we won't have to watch this mess much longer; Woodson will be gone and we'll have a competent coach that knows how to install a system. Last but not least 42 three pointers taking by Knicks smh. I hope we move away from shooting three's next season its been going on since Mike D and now Woodson and I'm sick of it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKINFL View Post
    I agree with stat, also; that was a bad display of basketball by the Knicks. Fortunately, we won't have to watch this mess much longer; Woodson will be gone and we'll have a competent coach that knows how to install a system. Last but not least 42 three pointers taking by Knicks smh. I hope we move away from shooting three's next season its been going on since Mike D and now Woodson and I'm sick of it!
    I feel the teams is starting to faze amar'e out in games when it matters most

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayray1993 View Post
    I feel the teams is starting to faze amar'e out in games when it matters most
    It starts with Woodson, these last two seasons he's let Jr run buck wild out on the court. Further-more, look at Tim he's acting just like Jr out there. I can't wait for this season to end because the next coach will have the full backing of Phil and this type of non coaching and players out of control on the floor wont be tolerated.

vCash
    It was CAA style basketball yesterday.

vCash
    Felton & Smith might retire after Phil lets go of Woodson. The only person that will be happier than me when Woodson is gone, is STAT.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Yeah, idk who thought shooting 43 3pt shoots was a good idea
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Felton & Smith might retire after Phil lets go of Woodson. The only person that will be happier than me when Woodson is gone, is STAT.
    Damn Fatboy Felton is virtually untradeable now following the incident.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137 View Post
    Damn Fatboy Felton is virtually untradeable now following the incident.
    Hell the way Woodson uses Felton and the way Felton has played, has made Felton untradeable. The way I look at it, he doesn't make enough for the FO nor the coach to feel like they have to start him. We are the same franchise that bring STAT & Bargs off the bench, so I wouldn't bat an eye at bringing Felton off the bench. For some reason I think MJ would be alright with bringing Felton back home. We could get lucky and be able to trade him to one of those franchises that have to add salary to meet cap floor requirements. I can see the Kings needing to add some PG depth..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Yes it will be over soon enough and Woodson will be gone and can someone tell Larry Brown to shut his pie hole. Yes there is kharma. Mike Woodson getting treated like he treated Beno and MWP. Mind your business and coach your college team the SMU Seahorses

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yes it will be over soon enough and Woodson will be gone and can someone tell Larry Brown to shut his pie hole. Yes there is kharma. Mike Woodson getting treated like he treated Beno and MWP. Mind your business and coach your college team the SMU Seahorses
    He is only acting like that because him and woodson have history

vCash
    Before, yall ridicule the THREES and Smith.......we beat the Heat 3 out of 4 times last season because we ALWAYS LIT them up from three. We even won that one game without Melo/Amare because we were so potent from three.

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    One thing is take 23-25 threes but 43 damm you got to be kidding me jr mix ur game up thats y melo not on kd level yet always posting up at the elbow smh

Amare should be mad even tyson

vCash
    Stat is correct