Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash

Can the Knicks build a contender with such a high turnover in the office?

Larry Brown recently criticized the Knicks for their treatment of Mike Woodson, but I think the problem goes deeper.

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/04/07/k...s=iref:nbahpts

It is noted in the article that Brown himself was fired after only one year with the Knicks. Who fires a HOF coach that fast?

The Knicks recently had a 10-year span where they went through EIGHT coaches!

Aside form the lack of coaching consistency they also have had a high turnover in the front office.

They had Isiah for fives years, droppped him (with good reason), brought in Walsh, flushed his work down the toilet by trading for Melo in a deal that Walsh didn't approve of, replaced him and not, less than three years later, have brought in Phil Jackson to take over in the office.

The Knicks ownership seems to be constantly expecting the front office and coaching staff to make a run at the finals in their first or second season. With Thomas, I undertand, they gave him more time than he should have hand, but consider how well Walsh has done with Indy TWICE, it seems like they shot themselves in the foot there.

If we have learned anything from the success of the Lakers from the early 80's through to the Phil Jackson tenure, of the Spurs over that last 18 seasons, or the Heat it is that teams who hang on to their front office and keep a consistent message with the coaching staff, win championships.

There are times when two years is long enough to figure out a guy isn't working, but when you have a HOF coach like Larry Brown, or a GM like Donnie Walsh, you have to trust them and give them a time. A turnover like this is NOT going to result in championships.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Another Knicks related thread.

I Love My Team. I Love My City.
    We Are The KnicksTape.

vCash
    This is the greatest fear for Knicks fans, that James Dolan will lose patience and interfere with anyone you have running the organization before they can truly institute significant change.

THIS is why we're all pretty much on board with Phil Jackson.

While PJax has no track record as a GM, I personally believe that only a guy like PJax has the resume and the clout to tell Dolan to STFU and get away with it. It's one thing to have Larry Brown tell you shouldn't argue with him, it's another story to have a guy with 13 rings tell you that you shouldn't argue basketball with him.

Even if you think you're a basketball genius, when PJax is sitting at a table and tells you that you're wrong, you're going to question yourself and think things over.

PJax might not be RC Buford, Presti, Morey or Kupchak as a GM, but he's infinitely better than Dolan hiring someone who he'll fire in 2 years during a temper tantrum.

Just based on that, I'm willing to give him a chance. Give him his 5 years and we'll see what we have when it's all said and done.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    its from dolan,who is much like jerry jones,davis,stienbrenner(before the temp banning) was.he'll spend,but is an impatient mircomanager.he wants names and to win,now! ..and while that sounds like the type of owner everyone would love to have;it can cause problems, like being an unstable franchise.you need some time for things to play out ,before gauging if its successful
    Last edited by abe_froman; 04-07-2014 at 06:46 PM.

vCash
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I would of said no, but there is hope because of PJ signing.

we will see in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

vCash
    Of course not. That's why they inked Phil Jackson to a 5 year contract and the first thing he's going to do is give this team a 5 year mission with a new 5 year GM and a new 5 year coach and hopefully we can build this team back up into a contender.

vCash
    it all depends on what melo does this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Jared Dudley>>>>>>Melo.