Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mock Draft Thread

I think its time for one of these threads , draft is still a month away , i feel like im going to lose it , if i have to wait that long , didnt the draft used to be on april 15th ?
    Any who , Check out this scenario that i found in the nfl draft forum , post F/Agency..it does make some sense , & the d-carr wagon boys would love this !

My post-FA mock
    1. Houston Texans: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina - They are too smart in Texas to pass this up. I don't by the lack of work ethic when you are talking about a guy that knew he was the #1 pick in this draft ever since he was in HS.

2. St. Louis Rams: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson - Big change #1. Tavon Austin last year was a start. Sammy Watkins, who though I think is overrated, is the outside the numbers type of WR that the Rams need to help Bradford.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF - This is the start here. They used FA to really build up the D. I bet that they use the draft to really bring in the foundation of the D.

4. Cleveland Browns: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - I think Kyle Shanahan won't want to work with Manziel after RGIII got him fired. Teddy is going to thrive in a PA Bootleg offense based off the WCO that Shanahan likes to run.

5. Tennessee Titans (Titans give Oak #11, Rd 2#11, 2015 Rd 2): Khalil Mack, OLB/DE, Buffalo - Going to a 3-4 you need 2 things, DE's and about 3 good OLB's/Rushers. Mack comes in and plays across from Wimbley to really set the tone of getting to the QB.

6. Atlanta Falcons: Jake Matthews, LT, Texas A&M - They get a gift here. Yes they have a need at DE and Demetroff has said he's "happy with Baker". I don't buy that he's happy with a guy injured every year.

7. Tampa Bay: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M - After trading Mike Williams I think this is the only logical move to make. They filled a lot of needs on the defense in FA, and they didn't improve the offense much.

8. Minnesota Vikings: Anthony Barr, OLB/DE, UCLA - Pass rush is a need in Minnesota and they get lucky having Barr fall to them. He fills a need and is the BPA at this point.

9. Buffalo Bills: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn - Yes, I know they tool Cordy Glenn last year. But they have smartly filled other needs and I think just finding a way to fill out the offensive line and protect the investment in EJ Manuel. None of his weapons are "name" guys, but he has them.

10. Detroit Lions: Haha Clinton-Dix, S, Alabama - I buy into they no longer need a CB, but they still need help in the secondary. Clinton-Dix is gonna be a nice piece to play CF for them and help that defense grow.

11. Oakland Raiders**- Darqueze Dennard, CB, MSU - Oakland did a lot to fill other needs in this FA period, but in the future Hayden and Dennard are a solid base for the future of the defense.

12. New York Giants: Eric Ebron, TE, UNC - This is a big "wasn't expecting that pick". But I was doing research, and Eli had his best years when he had a really effective TE to work with. I think this is a great pick to work with Ruben Randle, Victor Cruz, Eli Manning.

13. St. Louis Rams: Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU - A second pick that's out of left field in a row. I love Jernigan for them. They need DT presence to work with Long and Quinn. Jernigan is going to be that guy for them and give them a trio of guys on the line to stop offenses, especially with the Seattle and San Francisco running games.

14. Chicago Bears: Justin Gilbert, CB, OKST - They brought some CBs back, but they are up there in age. They did some work to the line, but I really think they are in a great position to pick Gilbert and let him "sit" a year as a CB return in year one with Hester gone.

15. Arizona Cardinals (Give up #20, 2nd round #20, 4th rounder): Taylor Lewan, OT, UM - They need OT's there to protect Palmer. Other than that Arizona has a good defense and the parts for a decent offense if they can protect their QB.

16. Dallas Cowboys: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M - Yes I know this seems strange on the surface. But Tony Romo might not last much longer, we know that Jerry Jones loves names, and Manziel is a Texas guy. I would be Jones thinks year two in the defense would help some players and they can fill other needs elsewhere. But why not take "Tony Romo Jr." to learn behind Tony Romo.

17. Baltimore Ravens: Odell Beckham Jr, WR, LSU - Despite having Smith, Smith, Brown, Jones, I think Odell Beckham would be the most dangerous guy they could get to put across from Torry Smith because Beckham would impact the short to mid range game while Smith works with the deep game.

18. Philadelphia Eagles (#22, 3rd round #22, 2015 6th): Bandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State - After cutting Desean Jackson they need to bring in a guy that might come close to replicating what Jackson did for that offense.

19. Miami Dolphins: Calvin Pryor, S, Louisville - After letting Chris Clemons walk in FA, and despite their needs on the OLine, I think they try to solidify their secondary with this pickup.

20. San Diego Chargers (#25, 3rd rd #25, 2015 6th): Re'Shade Hageman, DT/DE, Minnesota - They need to build up the DL, and to do so I think they need to jump a few teams with similar needs to get they guy that they really want at that position.

21. Green Bay Packers: Louis Nix III, NT, ND - I've long mocked this pick and won't change it even though they resigned Raji. Raji signed for one year, and Nix can take that year to rotate in some and to get his knee right before being counted on.

22. New York Jets**: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State - I think this is a win-win for Idzik here. He falls back and picks up more picks (something he values) and is still able to get his player that he wanted at his pick in the first place.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Zack Martin, OL, ND - Andy loves his eating partners. But with the loss of Albert, and nothing in the pipeline to replace him as Fisher slides over they need to re-shore up the offensive line. WR's can be found later in the draft.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt - Not a huge need, but with Atkins coming off ACL surgery and Peko up there in need, Donald would contribute right away. Not to mention this really is BPA that they are getting so this ends up as an all around win for the Bengals.

25. Pittsburgh Steelers**: Kyle Fuller, CB, VT - After falling twice and seeing what was left they were able to fill a need. There really was 2 different player that could have been picked here, but with WR so deep that Fuller ended up being the choice.

26. Cleveland Browns: Marqize Lee, WR, USC - After taking Teddy early, the Browns go for the complement here. They can get RB later, but they give Teddy his bookend WR's, to go along with a difference maker at TE in Cameron Jordan.

27. New Orleans Saints: Kony Ealy, DE/OLB, Mizzu - They use this pick to continue building the front 7. They give Rob Ryan the self proclaimed best pass rusher in the draft, and a guy that could end up playing like DeMarcus Ware did when Ryan had him in Dallas.

28. Carolina Panthers: David Yankey, T/G, Stanford - They need OLine help after the losses and retirements there. Yes, I know WR is a need too, but those holes can be fill later in the draft with all the depth available.

29. Oakland Raiders (Rd 2 #4, 2015 Rd 2): Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State - Oakland jumps back into the late first to pick up their QB. Best thing about picking Carr this late in the 1st is they can sit him while Schaub plays year 1.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Jason Verrett, CB, TCU - A bit of a reach? Maybe. But there is no WR that fits what San Fran really needs here, IMO a speed deep threat. But Verrett fills the need of CB in San Fran.

31. Denver Broncos: CJ Mosley, ILB, Alabama - I've long been on this pick. Just a perfect marriage IMO. Mosley falls because of declining value in ILB's. I know they need to replace Beadles, but you can find those guys later in the draft.

32. Seattle Seahawks: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU - They struggled passing the ball in the red zone last year because of a lack of size on the outside. Benjamin gives Wilson that big target that makes life easier, and he would step in day one and replace Golden Tate on the offense.

BONUS: RD 2, Pick #4: New England Patriots: Jace Amaro, TE, TT - They are all in with trying to win and giving Brady that two TE set again would go a long way.

TRADES (in order of pick traded):
    Oakland gives: #5
    Tennessee gives: #11, Rd 2 #11, 2015 Rd 2

Pittsburgh gives: #15
    Arizona gives: #20, Rd 2 #20, Rd 4 #20

New York Jets give: #18
    Philadelphia gives: #22, Rd 3 #22, 2015 6th

Pittsburgh gives: #20
    San Diego gives: #25, Rd 3 #25, 2015 6th

New England gives: #29
    Oakland gives: Rd 2 #4, 2015 2nd

vCash
    Ughh not another CB
    Passion-Pride-Excellence America's True Team - Your always in our hearts' Mr. Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrNBlack View Post
    Ughh not another CB
    We better not pick a cb in the first , i dont care how good he is projected to be , we have other needs that need to be addressed first , IMO

vCash
    Thing is if we trade out from drafting mack...trade out again and grab a Dlineman.
    Passion-Pride-Excellence America's True Team - Your always in our hearts' Mr. Davis

vCash
    First-If this came true i would take aaron donald
    Second-No to corners with the 1st round pick.
    Third-I wouldnt want to trade that far.

vCash
    I liked your mock till you wasted picks and future picks on Carr. Im ok with drafting a cb. But I would have took Donald right their and no way he falls to 24

vCash
    I said in that thread if we swapped Dennard and Carr with Donald and Mosley then that would be the best mock I've seen for us this off-season.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I hope your first four picks is exactly how it goes!!!

A choice of Mack or Robinson is exactly what this team needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlvrNBlack:28284115
    Thing is if we trade out from drafting mack...trade out again and grab a Dlineman.
    If we Trade down I hope its not that far and I hope we take Evans or Donald I still have a feeling Mack or bahr will drop ,id take him with the 11th if that happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE:28284600

Hell yeah , then reg jusf needs to make the logical pick bpa. Or trade back , but please dont reach for " ur guy " reg , please don't! Lol

vCash
    I like the Dennard pick even though CB isn't really a huge need.

Not sure if I would flip two 2nd rounders for a late first round pick though.

vCash
    Oh wow, what a bunch of crap. I would never want those picks for the Raidahs. This is out of control! If we must trade back, then get Evans. We must have a big-time go-to receiver and Jones ain't that, although I like him. And no trading back into the first round and wasting picks...use them in the second round if we get 'em. Come on people, pull it together!
    What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggahs, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your a$s.

Don't tell nobody about this. This sheit is between me, you, and Mr. Soon-To-Be-Living-The-Rest-of-His-Short-A$s-Life-In-Agonizing-Pain Rapist here.

vCash
    I think the Raiders get Mack at 5. The Raiders will trade down in the 2nd round I can see a team jumping up to get a WR in this deep class.
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    IMO if Mack is there at 5 we draft him unless we get a huge deal on a trade. Everyone knows you can get away with above-average corners if you have a dominant pass rush. Also, at this point I believe LB's as a whole are our weakest position on the team so if Mack is there we take him and address that.. if not, a trade is 100% necessary (unless Watkins is there). It might not be pretty or fun to watch but defense wins championships. Ball control and defensive dominance are key. Let's become the team offenses hate to play because of our top five D - something they can't game plan against because we do everything well.

Guessing and speculation is fun, challenging and entertaining but everyone on this forum knows that every position on the team is arguably in a position to be upgraded. I personally would just love to see us accumulate picks and draft very well but at the end of the day I'm sure every team would love to do that and it's just not viable. One thing we can do, as we always have, is stick behind our team and support them regardless what happens. Sure, we might ridicule, scorn, or disparage them, but at the end of the day you have to look at it this way: If we didn't care, we wouldn't say a word. And at the end of the day, being a fan is like being a best friend - no matter what happens, regardless whether we agree with it or we don't, we know where we stand. Where we stand is with our team, the Oakland Raiders.

TL;DR - I'm drunk, typing too much assuming people care. Mack drafted at #5 if there. A Raider fan now is a Raider fan forever. Trading down for more picks is never a bad idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post

Agreed.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast