Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Most Overrated Team After FA?

Who ya guys thinking?

For me it's the Raiders. They look a TON better on paper than they did but I'm not sure you add what? 8 or so new starters and just boom ya get going. Things take time to mesh like that.

I think they COULD be an 8 win team, but I wouldn't bank on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Who ya guys thinking?

For me it's the Raiders. They look a TON better on paper than they did but I'm not sure you add what? 8 or so new starters and just boom ya get going. Things take time to mesh like that.

I think they COULD be an 8 win team, but I wouldn't bank on it.
    I didn't know the Raiders were even rated enough to be called over rated. At least on PSD were still thought to be picking top 5 in the draft for the next couple of years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    I didn't know the Raiders were even rated enough to be called over rated. At least on PSD were still thought to be picking top 5 in the draft for the next couple of years
    I haven't been reading PSD as much. More talking overall across the web. I've seen even non-Raiders fans predicting them being able to top out on 10. Not trying to bash, know you guys are passionate and will hate hearing me say it, it's less about what you did and who you got, than it is I worry about that much starter turnover all getting chemistry soon enough.

Dead curious to see how Schaub plays, I was one who didn't sour on him that much.

I know OAK fans are super high on their team, which isn't surprising. I'm not trying to bash them, I like what they did. My point is I don't think all the new pieces will be as an immediate fix as some seem to be saying.

vCash
    I think the consensus on the Raiders is that they did good in FA and got better but not to the point of being a playoff contender at this point. Hard to expect any team to turn it around so quickly with FA alone.

I personally don't see the Bronco's being any better than they were last season. Between Decker and Moreno leaving they have lost a lot of production of offense. Ware and Talib are injury liabilities. I don't see Talib making it half way though the contract they gave him and it very well might be a one year deal. Ware scares me if he is healthy which is a big question mark at this point of his career.

If the pony's defense is close to 100% come the playoffs watch the **** out. I don't see them staying that healthy though.

Dead curious to see how Schaub plays, I was one who didn't sour on him that much.
    Me too. I liked how the coaches seem to be supporting him. Might as well. If I were a Raider fan I would be real happy with the offseason thus far.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 04-07-2014 at 04:18 PM.

vCash
    Thank you. I've been saying the same thing about the Raiders.

The Raiders will continue to pick top 10 until they prove otherwise. Drafting will be important. See my sig.

vCash
    I agree with the statement on the Raiders. They made a ton of moves, but they IMO didn't being in a ton of really field talent, but rather a bunch of names.
    Terrell Brown: Battled injuries often
    Austin Howard: Disappointment.
    Carlos Rodgers: Old and declining
    James Jones: Decent signing but won't be a #1
    MJD: Who knows how much he has left
    LaMarr Woodley: Oft Injured
    Justin Tuck: Ineffective and reportedly lazy
    Antonio Smith: OK but he's up there in years
    Donald Penn: When the Bucs cut you/let you walk there's a reason
    Matt Schaub; Pick 6 Matty

So on paper it looks great, but in reality it isn't.

But I'm going to go elsewhere here:
    Washington Redskins. Boatload of cap, holes on the D. And when they got Desean I was reading all over how he makes them a great team. Really?!? That defense can't stop anyone.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    ^ not that I don't agree on the skins, but their defense 2 seasons ago was great and a bigger part of them making the playoffs than RGIII. Last year they were riddled with injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I agree with the statement on the Raiders. They made a ton of moves, but they IMO didn't being in a ton of really field talent, but rather a bunch of names.
    Terrell Brown: Battled injuries often
    Austin Howard: Disappointment.
    Carlos Rodgers: Old and declining
    James Jones: Decent signing but won't be a #1
    MJD: Who knows how much he has left
    LaMarr Woodley: Oft Injured
    Justin Tuck: Ineffective and reportedly lazy
    Antonio Smith: OK but he's up there in years
    Donald Penn: When the Bucs cut you/let you walk there's a reason
    Matt Schaub; Pick 6 Matty

So on paper it looks great, but in reality it isn't.

But I'm going to go elsewhere here:
    Washington Redskins. Boatload of cap, holes on the D. And when they got Desean I was reading all over how he makes them a great team. Really?!? That defense can't stop anyone.
    Thing with OAK, I don't know how those contracts are structure but they took a lot of damn stabs with some decent reward on some of those guys.

Penn is average, so is Howard but you can live with that.

I don't mine Brown and Rogers but we know what they are. Jones can be effective for sure but he's no star.

For me it's this

A. Will Schaub suck
    B. Do Tuck, Smith, and Woodley hit. If ALL three of those hit, that could be a real good damn DL right there and could set up everything else to me.

They also still have the draft.

But I just think it will take time, you hear some of their players, their fans, and just in general people and it's like THEY WON FA they could make the playoffs and I don't know.

I don't really love the coaching staff there either.

Thing is, I don't like Reggie McKenzie, I blame him for Justin Harrell (probably unjustly but) I really like what he's done. But how far can it turn it around in a year? Who knows......I've been wrong plenty before.

vCash
    Literally every team that made a big FA move.

To be quite honest, I don't see any of them being soooooo much better than what they were last year. Raiders will be better, but their roster was abysmal last year, so that's not saying much. Didn't like how they went after short-term stop gaps. I would have continued to carry over that cap space into future years and build through the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Literally every team that made a big FA move.

To be quite honest, I don't see any of them being soooooo much better than what they were last year. Raiders will be better, but their roster was abysmal last year, so that's not saying much. Didn't like how they went after short-term stop gaps. I would have continued to carry over that cap space into future years and build through the draft.
    GB baby. Peppers is gonna make the Pro Bowl like Saturday after getting benched.

vCash
    GB baby. Peppers is gonna make the Pro Bowl like Saturday after getting benched.
    lol. It's just going to be hilarious looking back mid-season and seeing half of these big name FAs just fall off a cliff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    lol. It's just going to be hilarious looking back mid-season and seeing half of these big name FAs just fall off a cliff.
    So very true. Before FA started I went back and looked at the names most mentioned for us last year in our FA threads.

1. Steven Jackson

Had 3.5 YPC, missed a few games. Woohoo

2. Ed Reed

lulz

3. Jared Cook

Not bad, 700 yards 5 TDs.

4. Peyton Hillis

double lulz

3 terrible ideas, one good one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Thank you. I've been saying the same thing about the Raiders.

The Raiders will continue to pick top 10 until they prove otherwise. Drafting will be important. See my sig.
    For someone who is always chiming in on every raider related topic, I'd think you would at least know that the guy responsible for those picks is, you know, dead. Otherwise I have to think you are playing dumb with that sig and baiting, which wouldn't surprise me in the least considering some of the things you've said about Oak. Considering the turnover most teams have in a decade (front office/coaching/personnel) what use is a graphic like that anyway?

Reggie's drafting has been hit or miss so far (not to mention the palmer trade left him without a couple high picks), he's even found a couple good UDFAs, but he's nowhere near as bad as Al was during his last 10 years. That Kameron Wimbley contract...sigh...

vCash
    I agree with the Raiders. They made some solid contract signings but ultimately nobody is going to have a long term effect towards winning. Plus we kept our coach whose a big loser.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidaz4Life View Post
    I agree with the Raiders. They made some solid contract signings but ultimately nobody is going to have a long term effect towards winning. Plus we kept our coach whose a big loser.
    I won't lie. I really didn't get the coach thing.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast