Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

I had this dream

New York Daily News
    September 23, 2014

"Revis gets Cooked"
    Since the schedule was released in April, many, especially New York Jet fans had this game circled on their calendar. Perhaps it was because it was a prime time Monday Night Football matchup with a Division foe, perhaps it was the rejuvenation of the offense with additions of Eric Decker, Brandin Cooks, and Chris Johnson. Likely, it was the return of Darelle Revis to Metlife stadium wearing the colors of the New England Patriots.

Revis, who has earned the nickname Revis Island over the years has made a living by not letting up the big play. Well, that changed today. Not only did he get beat by Brandin Cooks on a 45 Post pattern for a TD to give the JETS the lead 24-21 in the 3rd quarter, he got beat again in the 4th quarter on a 67 yard double move that Cooks ran beautifully. This Touchdown gave the JETS a 35-21 lead, and secured the victory.

This is the first time in Revis' career that he has been beat for two TDs in one game by the same receiver. The Patriots decided to double team and lockdown Eric Decker, and leave Revis 1 on 1 with Cooks. It worked, with regards to Decker who only had 4 catches for 42 yards - but Brandin Cooks had a career day with 7 catches, 152 yards and 2TDs. Revis was unavailable for comment following the game. Cooks was quoted as saying "He is just glad he was able to help the team win and that the team is bigger than any one player"

The JETS also scored touchdowns with a Punt return for TD by Jeremy Kerley, fumble recovery by Sheldon Richardson, and a rushing TD by Chris Ivory. The JETS are now 3-0 heading into week 4 where they face the Buffalo Bills who are 1-2 going into Week 4.

Geno Smith finished the game going 18-27, 303yards, 2TDs 0 INTs.
    Tom Brady finished the game going 14-31, 133yards, 1TD, 2 INTs
    Last edited by Realistik84; 04-08-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Nice

This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

But how? How does it wee?

vCash
    Marquise Lee, not Brandin Cooks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Marquise Lee, not Brandin Cooks
    But then the headline "Revis gets Cooked" doesnt work!

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    But then the headline "Revis gets Cooked" doesnt work!
    He gets Lee'd

vCash
    None of this will happen

vCash
    Is it bad that the part I find the most unrealistic is Kerley returning a punt for a TD? If the Jets drafted Cooks and split him out wide, the worst possible match up for him in the NFL would be a tough press corner like Revis.

vCash
    How did the Patriots go from 17 to 21? 2 safeties?

vCash
    love the thought... i think i'm more of a fan of Beckham then Cooks though, don't want anything to do with Lee. NO MORE USC PRODUCTS PLEASE!!
    twitter.com/heymangold

vCash
    I still hate thinking of the fact that the Patriots have ****ing Darrelle Revis.

vCash
    Was this seriously a dream??? You have great dream recall

vCash
    Maybe it was more like the MLK type of dream.

Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by $GangGr33n$ View Post
    Was this seriously a dream??? You have great dream recall
    LOL...it was more of a daydream, while my wife was driving and I closed my eyes and just began to "dream" up this story while half conscious. Certainly'i added to it while writing.

I just hope people realize this is all in good nature, and just would be fun it something remotely close to it happened.

While I wouldn't be upset with Cooks on our team and they he is mega talented, there are a slew of other options as well.

And while Revis is uber talented, he is still human and I am pretty sure Rex is the kind of guy where he would put the chips on the table and either embarrass him or be embarrassed. It certainly will make for a fun game, and I wouldn't be surprised to see an early matchup in prime time.

vCash

What's your guy's opinion on Revis at this point of his career (as a player)? Does he still have the potential to play as well as he did in NY pre-injury?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post

What's your guy's opinion on Revis at this point of his career (as a player)? Does he still have the potential to play as well as he did in NY pre-injury?
    Yes he does. But he is human (we think) and we hope that is proven this year.

Last year was probably worst thing for him with Zone and ACL recovery and he was still elite. BB will get him in a great scheme. Having said that I think Rex's system is a match made in heaven.

I hope he gets lit up every week though...especially vs the jets