Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ryan Roberts signed to ML contract

33 year old platoon type RHH. Experience at 2B/3B.

I think they may have seen enough of Herrara at 3B yesterday... which he stinks at. He'll be the back-up SS.

Brock Holt may get cut today to make room.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/07/ryan-...ed-sox/#!C3H3O
    Last edited by bagwell368; 04-07-2014 at 10:41 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Decent signing I guess, should help the team while Middlebrooks is gone.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Well Roberts can play 3rd okay and can hit left handed pitching (good, not amazing track record against them), so it will be a solid fill in while Middlebrooks is out.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    @TimBritton

Red Sox make Roberts signing official. He'll be in uniform wearing Drew's old No. 7 tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan85 View Post
    @TimBritton

Red Sox make Roberts signing official. He'll be in uniform wearing Drew's old No. 7 tonight.
    Depends on the generation... to me 7 is Reggie Smith - a much better player then Jim Rice (career wise, not Sox wise).

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    7 is a lucky number. Why don't any regulars want it?

vCash
    We needed something. If I remember right he had that one big year with the D'Backs when they made the playoffs and has done nothing since. I remember him getting a lot of press during that playoff year.

vCash
    Ryan’s here because we didn’t feel like the time was right for (prospect) Garin Cecchini. Even though he’s put up some good at-bats, there’s still development to be had defensively. More importantly, the right-handed bat just helps balance out our lineup.”

To make room for Roberts on the 25-man roster, infielder Brock Holt, who had been called up on Sunday, was optioned back to Triple-A Pawtucket. To make room for Roberts on the 40-man roster, knuckleballer Steven Wright (hernia) was transferred to the 60-day disabled list.
    Boston Herald

Quite a vote of confidence from Farrell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxtober View Post
    Boston Herald

Quite a vote of confidence from Farrell.
    How much more defense could he develop in Pawtucket though? Is there that much room for improvement so he couldn't get a 3-4 week Major League stint or do they think he's not ready offensively either? I'm leaning toward the latter.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    We are early into the season with a batch of DL's. They grabbed up a body for cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    How much more defense could he develop in Pawtucket though? Is there that much room for improvement so he couldn't get a 3-4 week Major League stint or do they think he's not ready offensively either? I'm leaning toward the latter.
    I'm saying it's a "no confidence" vote for Roberts. Translated: "the only reason you're here is because the guy we REALLY want isn't quite ready."

vCash
    GC could be here as early as June, but I'm sure the Sox would rather wait until at least mid August. Much of it is on WMB's health and performance - and GC just isn't ready yet.