Regular Lineup

Probable Pitchers
    -----
    Rodriguez - Bailey

-----
    Cole - Leake

-----
    Liriano - Cueto
    Last edited by burgh_fan66; 04-14-2014 at 10:54 AM.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

vCash
    With the start of the season behind us I figured we'd return to our more typical road trip/home stand threads. As you can see more NL Central games the Pirates actually play every team in the central both at home and on the road before finally getting another opponent so 20 more games until we see someone else. Also of special note is Travis Wood will be the first left handed pitcher we see this year should be interesting to see how that lineup shakes out.

Another thing to watch out for is that Chris Stewart has already started his rehab assignment so he probably isn't too far from returning.

vCash
    One more thing to throw on to the plate to watch for is today being Mazzaro decision day. The 10 day period is up so we should find out soon enough if the Pirates found a taker for him or had to waive him.

vCash
    No news on Vin Mazzaro as of yet but on another note after thinking I have decided to restart Battling Bucs. It won't be a frequent thing featuring maybe 2-3 articles per week but its a hobby of mine I have missed and enjoy doing. My first two articles will be published this evening.

vCash
    Not exactly sure what happened with Vin Mazzaro yesterday. No news but perhaps today really is decision day? Baseball can be funny about how it counts days.

vCash
    Yeah, Mazzaro kind of flew under the radar yesterday. I'm really hoping we get something in return.

Speaking of baseball being funny, the way they schedule has always kind of amazed me. In a 162 game season, you'll have 2 off days in the first week, then play 20 games straight. Really couldn't balance that out a little better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Yeah, Mazzaro kind of flew under the radar yesterday. I'm really hoping we get something in return.

Speaking of baseball being funny, the way they schedule has always kind of amazed me. In a 162 game season, you'll have 2 off days in the first week, then play 20 games straight. Really couldn't balance that out a little better?
    Ya it looks like we play 21 straight starting tonight that's crazy no rest and mostly all against the division

sent from Hogwarts using owlpost

vCash
    I always thought the schedule could be a bit more balanced with off days as well but whatever. Also jrm it is 20 straight (that is the maximum allowed by the CBA) and ALL the games are divisional games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by burgh_fan66 View Post
    I always thought the schedule could be a bit more balanced with off days as well but whatever. Also jrm it is 20 straight (that is the maximum allowed by the CBA) and ALL the games are divisional games.
    Throw us in the fire to start the season lol

sent from Hogwarts using owlpost

vCash
    Batten down the hatches.

Vin Mazzaro is nearing Chris Leroux territory.

vCash
    Is it a given that he accepts his assignment?
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    Is it a given that he accepts his assignment?
    A bit surprising he cleared waivers as for whether he'll accept or not that comes down to how badly he wants to be a major league pitcher. If he accepts the assignment he gets his 950K from the Pirates but if he declines it than he is free to go elsewhere. Now all 29 other teams passed on the chance on getting him for 970K (his salary plus a 20K waiver claim) so it appears highly unlikely he'll beat that salary but perhaps there is some team who thinks he is worth the major league minimum (500K).

So the question becomes if there is a team out there willing to put him on the roster does he value an MLB spot more than 450K?

vCash
    Well I'll give this to Hurdle at least he is throwing out a consistent lineup.

Starling Marte, LF
    Travis Snider, RF
    Andrew McCutchen, CF
    Pedro Alvarez, 3B
    Russell Martin, C
    Neil Walker, 2B
    Travis Ishikawa, 1B
    Jordy Mercer, SS
    Charlie Morton, P

vCash
    Mazzaro clearing waivers really surprised me. Considering the numbers he put up last season and the fact that he could be had for just money and still no one claimed him, just seems a little odd. Hopefully he accepts the assignment because as we all know, you can never have too much pitching

vCash
    Now we have him + a chip on his shoulder
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast