Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Dolphins May Move Wallace to Improve Efficency.

Lazor is already a better OC than Mike Sherman... just by doing this it will make our offense less predictable and more explosive. Sherman was an idiot I am not a big it's the OC or DC fault guy. But there was just no excuse for some of the playcalling, personnel and formations last year... there were times last year where they would line-up and I would call the play 2 or 3 times in a row... I am guessing professional DC and LB/ CB are a little better at it than me.

vCash
    You probably should clarify what you mean by move Mike Wallace. I thought you meant move as in trade.

vCash
    it's the name of the article I read it in... I think it's done intentionally

vCash
    I think this is the article you're referring to?

Miami Herald "Dolphins need to let Mike Wallace run up on safeties"

It states how Lazor can use Wallace like Philly used DeSean Jackson. Instead of just lining him up on one side of the formation, we move him around and into the slot so linebackers and No. 2 or 3 CB can cover him.

vCash
    How stupid do you have to be to let a guy who lines up on the same side every time and only runs 1 route. If you are defensive coordinator and a guy who lines up in the same spot ant and runs the same route over and over you should be fired that day... on the spot. That is what Sherman did... he lined Wallace up in the same spot & ran the same route and expected it to work. He should have been fired after 3 weeks... sad

vCash
    There was one game we moved Wallace around on last season. Week 2 against the Colts: 9 catches, 115 yards, 1 td. No brainer.

vCash
    This should be a given that any competent OC would want to move him around.

I think Hartline and Rishard Matthews are both good enough to command respect as the outside WRs while Wallace works out of the slot from time to time........even if we don't draft another WR.......and/or Gibson doesn't return to form.

vCash
    lol Matthews command respect on the outside thats a joke. I think this is a horrible idea. Wallace is no Jackson. he isnt good in short areas. he is good at running straight thats about it. this will create more turnovers more so than anything imo. move the others around. Wallace stay put
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Wallace moved around in Pit so it's not like he hasn't done it. And he's not going to be taking a lot of reps from the slot, moving him around has more to it then that. Just simply moving him to the other side of the field would be better then what Sherman did. Put him in motion a few times a game and our offense is already more dynamic then last years.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    lol Matthews command respect on the outside thats a joke. I think this is a horrible idea. Wallace is no Jackson. he isnt good in short areas. he is good at running straight thats about it. this will create more turnovers more so than anything imo. move the others around. Wallace stay put
    Thank god you don't coach. You don't just leave people in the same spots. Do you understand how easy that makes it on the defense to gameplan for you?

vCash
    Wallace can be moved around and can do more than run flys......

.......Derek's may have a point that Wallace's best route is the fly.......

.........but he could run that from the slot too........

.....I think the key might be getting another speedster who could run both the fly and the slot routes......thus providing a dual threat..........imagine.........

WR1/Slot Wallace
    Slot/WR1 Cooks or Beckham or Lee drafted at 19
    WR2/Slot Matthews or Hartline or Gibson (whoever is healthiest)

WR at 19 could make a lot of sense for us. (Assuming we can fix the OL later.)

vCash
    I'm down for another WR because I am a WR at heart so I will never say no to adding them but as long as our guys are healthy we really don't need anymore WR's.

In Sherman's offense, which is about as vanilla as it gets when it comes to route running but difficult for a QB because you are constantly reading the entire field and its really not designed to get anyone specific open per say. Relate it to a high school offense or a college offense that is sort of "pro style." All the route combos are based on spacing, running precise routes, timing, and pre snap reads which leads to identifying your "Primary" and then the domino effect of 2nd read, 3rd read, 4th, checkdown, whatever. But those offenses are not geared to players strengths or TRYING to create mismatches or confusion in the defense. The offense is what it is and it's really how well you execute it. Thank god we didnt play Seattle because that defense would not have allowed a first down.

In Lazor's offense its going to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different. Moving Wallace around is just a tid bit of how different things are going to be. Moving Hartline around is going to be big, instead of just giving him slant, comeback, fly, and out patterns every play. Lazor is going to do wonders with this team because we all know the potential of each player hasn't been used correctly.

I could go on with the potential this offense has under a guy that is creative but instead let me ask you this. Specifically anyone who thinks keeping Wallace stationary is a good idea(Derek)

When we go play NE, you think keeping Wallace stationary is a good idea when Revis is lined up on him every single play. And he studies the tape and sees that Wallace is going deep, running a quick slant here and there, a couple posts, 1 screen a game, and the rest are hitches. Cuz he knows Wallace isn't beating him on any out routes or any route that a "route runner" type of WR eats on. MNF in TB was a rough night for Mike. Revis would eat him alive except now we would see it 2x a year by the team we all hate the most.

No you move people around so the defense has to play the guessing game and react rather than initializing and making Tannehill go where THEY want him to go. You bunch WR's and hide guys behind others and delay routes. You actually use rollouts so your QB only has to read 1/2 the field and all his progessions are based on depth rather than right to left or vise versa every single play. You try to create mismatches with motion and personnel changes. It's common sense. We made it too easy last year on defense and too difficult on our QB. No run game, no OLine, and our best 2 WR's in the same spot every single time.