Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

1st Round Mock with Trades and Explanations

1.) HOU - South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney
    He's just too good to pass up IMO. Him and J.J. Watt rushing the passer together... how I don't think you can pass that up. I don't think any QB is so great a prospect that you have to take him over Clowney even if it's the most important position.

2.) STL (from WAS) - Buffalo DE/OLB Khalil Mack
    I know many think STL will trade back but I think Mack is worth taking here. STL could use him in the mold of how DEN used Von Miller during his best season. Chris Long can kick inside in some pass rush situations on 3rd down and they'll be able to spell him as well as Quinn with an extra pass rusher. I think Mack is perfect for their defense and adds to potentially the best front 7 in football if he's there IMO.

***TRADE***
    TB gets: #3
    JAX gets: #7, TB's 2014 2nd round pick and 2015 4th round pick

3.) TB (from JAX) - Clemson WR Sammy Watkins
    The Bucs traded away Mike Williams to BUF so they need another WR. Vincent Jackson and Watkins would make a great tandem IMO. They compliment each other well. Jackson can make big plays down the field and Watkins is dangerous underneath. Lining Jackson up wide to one side with Watkins in the slot would open up huge mismatch opportunities for their offense IMO, especially if Doug Martin can come back healthy.

From JAX's perspective, I think they like Bridgewater the best but he seems to be falling behind some of the other guys at the QB spot. They should be able to get him at #7 because I don't think CLE or OAK have him tops on their boards.

#4) CLE - Auburn OT Greg Robinson
    I don't think CLE likes any of the QBs enough to take them here. I think Manziel is their top guy but they'd only take him with their 2nd 1st rounder. OT isn't their biggest need but he's the top prospect left on the board and the only player close is another OT in Jake Matthews. Unless it's a QB they like, I think the drop off is too great to pass up on Robinson. If you move back you're probably not going to get him and I don't see a team that would move up this high right now so CLE is stuck here. They would have liked if Watkins was on the board. Robinson gives them a tremendous RT opposite Joe Thomas to help whoever is playing QB or running the ball for them.

#5.) OAK - Fresno State QB Derek Carr
    I believe the hype that OAK loves Carr and Schaub being there makes it a good situation for him because he doesn't have to play right away. They could move back but then they run the risk of another team taking the QB they like. I don't think they'll chance it.

***TRADE***
    STL gets: #6
    ATL gets: #13, STL's 2nd round pick

#6.) STL (from ATL) - Texas A&M OT Jake Matthews
    I'll start with the trade here because the picks is easy to understand if this deal happens. From ATL's perspective, I don't think they have to take Matthews. They have a lot invested in Sam Baker and they could give him one more year. I think this is fair value for the pick and I think because STL is getting Matthews after already getting Mack it's worth it. Getting those 2 guys out of the 1st 2 rounds with all your picks later on is more than reasonable.

#7.) JAX (from TB) - Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater
    I think he's the QB that fits them the best. If he doesn't start over Henne from day 1 he will be by the end of the season. They need a QB they can move forward with and I believe Bridgewater can be that guy.

#8.) MIN - UCLA DE/OLB Anthony Barr
    I think this is a tremendous scheme fit in Mike Zimmer's defense. Barr could really excel in that system IMO. He'd add to a solid group of pass rushers even with Jared Allen in CHI now. Supposedly they like Mettenberger at the QB spot so they could pass on Bortles and Manzel for a defensive piece.

#9.) BUF - Michigan OT Taylor Lewan
    RT is a need for the Bills and Lewan can either play there or he can start at LT and they move their current starter Glenn to the right side. Glenn is underrated and a beast IMO though so I say just stick Lewan at RT. Mike Evans would be a good choice but I like their receiving core of Mike Williams, Robert Woods and Stevie Johnson. Stevie could be gone next season or even this though so Evans isn't out of the picture. I just think Lewan is a surer thing and the better talent at this point. If they're cool with the off field stuff I'd take him over Evans.

#10.) DET - Texas A&M WR Mike Evans
    This is exactly what DET wanted. Evans would fit great with their offense. He'd take attention away from Megatron because he can go up and get the ball on throws downfield. That helps open up more room for Golden Tate, Pettigrew and their RBs underneath (both Bush and Bell catch a lot of passes).

#11.) TEN - Oklahoma State CB Justin Gilbert
    I don't think the Titans are ready to take a 1st round QB yet and I have Gilbert as the top player left on the board besides Donald who isn't a scheme fit. He replaces Verner who left for TB this offseason and locks in a solid CB duo with Jason McCourty.

#12.) NYG - Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald
    Donald might be undersized but he's a monster. The Giants don't have great interior DL depth with Linval Joseph in MIN now and some of their current players a year older. One of their young guys is Jonathan Hankins who would form a nice tandem with Donald. Great value for the Giants here.

#13) ATL (from STL) - North Carolina TE Eric Ebron
    The Falcons need to get a TE to replace the retired Tony Gonzalez and Ebron is the best in this class. He's got the potential to be a mismatch nightmare in the passing game with his athleticism and receiving ability. He needs to improve as a run blocker, but he brings a unique skill set to the offense. If the Falcons can't land one of the top 2 elite pass rushers - Clowney or Mack - I think moving back makes sense for them and Ebron would be a good pick here.

#14.) CHI - Alabama S HaHa Clinton-Dix
    The Bears would have loved for Donald to be on the board here but they can get a DT later. HaHa fills a big need for them at FS and is probably the best player left on the board. He'd step in and start for them right away and solidify a major area of weakness on their D.

#15.) Michigan State CB Darqueze Dennard
    My top 3 choices here were Kelvin Benjamin, Dennard and Louis Nix III. I didn't thinm DT was a 1st round need for them and I think they can get a WR later a lot easier than a CB. Dennard would be a nice fit for them IMO.

#16.) DAL - Missouri DE Kony Ealy
    The Cowboys really need pass rush help. They released Ware and missed out on landing Jared Allen to replace him. Ealy is a more complete edge rusher than Dee Ford so I have him as the top guy left.

***TRADE***
    SF gets: #17
    BAL gets: #30, KC's 2nd round pick

#17.) SF (from BAL) - Ohio State CB Bradley Roby
    Rumors are that the Jets are high on Roby so he might not make it past the next pick after this. The 49ers could use some CB help and have picks to spare. I think he'd be a great fit in their defense and he seems to be rising up board so I like this move for SF. They can get a WR on day 2 because they still have picks to spare. BAL has done a nice job of plugging holes so they can afford to make a trade down the board and add another good pick to use.

#18.) NYJ - USC WR Marquise Lee
    I think Roby is the guy they really want and I don't think they're afraid to take him here but I have SF recognizing that and jumping up ahead of the Jets so I think they have to go to plan B and strengthen the receiving core. Lee is a nice fit playing outside opposite Decker with Kerley in the slot. The Jets would be much improved at WR going into next year with that unit after Holmes struggled to stay on the field last year and none of their other WRs were any good besides Kerley.

#19.) MIA - Notre Dame DT Louis Nix III
    The Dolphins lost Paul Soliai to ATL in free agency and he was a big part of the DT rotation they had last year. Nix would fill right in with Jared Odrick and Randy Starks to keep the DT position a strong point for MIA next year. I think he's a better player than any of the OL guys left so he makes sense here.

#20.) AZ - Central Florida QB Blake Bortles
    I think there's just too much upside for AZ to pass on Bortles this late in the 1st round. He can sit behind Palmer for a couple of years before stepping in. I think he's a good fit in Bruce Arians' offense so the picks makes sense on that level. Palmer is nearing the end so if AZ can get a long term replacement they should look into it.

#21.) GB - Minnesoata DE/DT Ra'Shede Hageman
    The Packers took Datone Jones as a 3-4 DE in the 1st round last year but Hagemen still makes sense. You can never have too much DL depth and he projects more as a run stuffer than Jones does. I think they'd compliment each other well inside moving forward with B.J. Raji as well as Mike Neal back in GB this free agency period.

#22.) PHI - Auburn DE/OLB Dee Ford
    The Eagles need someone besides Trent Cole who can pressure the QB off the edge and Ford is a great fit for their style of 3-4 defense IMO. He's be a great situational pass rusher to start his career before hopefully growing into a bigger role down the line.

***Trade***
    NE gets: #23
    KC gets: #29, NE's 2014 4th round pick and 2015 3rd round pick

#23.) NE (from KC) - Louisville S Calvin Pryor
    Pryor is the missing piece to our much improved secondary. His presences as a hard hitting SS is all our secondary is missing. McCourty is a great center field FS type and Duron Harmon is a solid backup at both S spots. We have a great trio of outside CBs in Revis, Browner and Alfonzo Dennard. Logan Ryan and Kyle Arrington make excellent slot defenders. We'll keep 2 of Pat Chung/Tavon Wilson/Nate Ebner for STs and emergency S depth.

The Chiefs could use some more picks this year after losing their 2nd in the Alex Smith trade. They get a 4th rounder here but also a 3rd rounder for next year. I think this is a solid deal for only moving back 6 spots.

#24.) CIN - Ohio State LB Ryan Shazier
    Then Bengals need some help in the secondary but all the top Ss and CBs are gone. Shazier would be a nice add to their defense here in the 1st round. He'd probably start from day 1 and add to them both in coverage and as a blitzer.

***TRADE***
    MIN gets: #25
    SD gets: #40, SEA's 3rd round pick and MIN's 4th round pick

#25.) MIN (from SD) - Alabama LB C.J. Mosley
    The Vikings added Anthony Barr as a situational LB and edge rusher but they still need a guy to man the middle for Mike Zimmer's D. Mosley can be that guy and is worth moving up for this late in the 1st round. I don't like the board for SD at this point so I think it makes sense for them to add some more picks and move back.

#26.) CLE (from IND) - Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel
    After passing on a QB at #4 for the BPA in Greg Robinson CLE gets their guy here. I see the QBs falling a bit and if CLE accurately predicts that they might be able to get their guy here rather than at #4. Manziel would add excitement to football fans in CLE and hopefully tuen the franchise around.

#27.) NO - LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr.
    I think Beckham would be a really good fit in Sean Peyton's offense so I have him going here ahead of Benjamin. The WR spot in NO is a bit of a need area with Lance Moore in PIT and Colston getting older.

#28.) CAR - Notre Dame OT/OG Zach Martin
    I know everyone is worried about the WR spot in CAR but Newton can't throw to anyone from his back. CAR would be smart to add a day 1 starter up front like Martin to help keep Newton upright.

#29.) KC (from NE) - UCLA OG Xavier Su'a-Filo.
    The Chiefs need to improve their interior OL after some free agency defections and Su'a-Filo is arguably the best G in this class. I think he'd step in day 1 and play for KC up front.

#30.) BAL (from SF) - Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin
    The Ravens can take a guy who might be a little bit raw here because they have some WR depth after signing Steve Smith and bringing back Jacoby Jones to go with Torrey Smith and Marlon Brown. Benjamin has huge potential that could take BAL's offense to greater levels if he taps into it.

#31.) DEN - Virginia Tech CB Kyle Fuller
    Even after signing Aquib Talib and with Chris Harris returning from injury DEN could still use another CB. Fuller would fill that need and help further improve a Denver defense that has the pieces to be great.

#32.) SEA - Notre Dame DE/DT Stephon Tuitt
    Red Bryant played a unique role for SEA's defense and I think Tuitt is the best prospect in the draft to fill that role. He can play DE in the base package and kick inside to rush the passer in the nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    i dont think bradley robey is that good or worth it trading up for. i think fuller is much better

vCash
    I'd rather have Watkins then teddy + 2nd rounder.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I love trading up for a CB. Which one to take after the first 2 are gone is what gets tricky. I think I'd take Fuller

vCash
    While normally Barr would be a great for for a Zimmer led defense, we just signed Everson Griffen to a big contact and they are very similar players.

I expect the Vikings 1st rd pick (even with a trade) to be QB/CB/LB/S.

vCash
    People will go crazy down here if the Saints get a playmaker and a hometown kid like Odell Beckham

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple View Post
    While normally Barr would be a great for for a Zimmer led defense, we just signed Everson Griffen to a big contact and they are very similar players.

I expect the Vikings 1st rd pick (even with a trade) to be QB/CB/LB/S.
    I was thinking in the base package Griffen could be the RDE where Allen used to play while Barr plays the SAM LB spot. Then in pass rushing situations Barr kicks down to the DE spot opposite Griffen and Brian Robinson either gets some rest of shifts down inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by moshy2 View Post
    I love trading up for a CB. Which one to take after the first 2 are gone is what gets tricky. I think I'd take Fuller
    I'd agree with this. Roby has looked good during the workouts and Combine but his tape from this year is scary bad.

vCash
    If Minnesota traded up to that spot, it'd be for Johnny Manziel, not CJ Mosley. I love Mosley, but with them already taking Barr, wouldn't make sense.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'd agree with this. Roby has looked good during the workouts and Combine but his tape from this year is scary bad.
    In a few games. The rest of the year he was really good. Watch the Mich State tape.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/brad...an-state-2013/

And he was dominant in 2012.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash
    The draft for the Titans will be difficult to predict, but I think if Bortles is still there who fits Whizs system they should take him and I would love it if they did
    Philadelphia 76ers 2000-2001 Sim League Champion

vCash
    [QUOTE=hugepatsfan:28286685]
    I was thinking in the base package Griffen could be the RDE where Allen used to play while Barr plays the SAM LB spot. Then in pass rushing situations Barr kicks down to the DE spot opposite Griffen and Brian Robinson either gets some rest of shifts down inside.[/QUOTE ]

Definitely could work, haven't looked at Barr's coverage skills much since he had been viewed as a rush 3-4 OLB. Guessing wouldn't be a problem with his athleticism.