Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Hardest position to play in the NFL other than QB?

IMO its Cornerback. I feel like rookie CBs are the ones that take the longest to develop. Its rare to see a CB come in straight from college and have a good season.

And a lot of times, by the time the CB develops into a good corner, his contract will be set to expire.

But what position (other than QB) do you think is the hardest position to play in the NFL for these rookies?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    IMO its Cornerback. I feel like rookie CBs are the ones that take the longest to develop. Its rare to see a CB come in straight from college and have a good season.

And a lot of times, by the time the CB develops into a good corner, his contract will be set to expire.

But what position (other than QB) do you think is the hardest position to play in the NFL for these rookies?
    It's cb, without question. Just look at all the elite prospects that struggled their first few years just in the last 5 or so years.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

vCash
    I'd say CB too. Other than the fact that teams are passing more and more, it seems like the one position where you can't get a starting spot while being somewhat of a one-trick pony. Then again, if you're DRC or Asante, tackling is optional. (I'm not implying that being a poor tackler makes a player a one-trick pony though)
    Last edited by ColtsSpursTerps; 04-07-2014 at 12:59 AM.

vCash
    CB is a very good one and I would say the answer.

I have to think playing LT is a ***** too.

vCash
    Cb is a good one. I think ILBer is a good one too. Usually they are the QB's on defense. They call the plays and have to make sure the front 7 is in the correct position. They usually tend to call the audibles. They are asked to blitz, stop the run and cover guys that are faster than them. I think OT would be another tough position to play as well.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    As a former CB myself its the toughest. From our perspective we cant touch the WR but they can push off, we have to be able to keep up with the teams best athlete, take on linemen on screens, get our facemasked shoved by guys with longer reach, get called for a flag if the QB under throws a pass, get called for pass interference for "blanketing the WR" (i dont know why perfect coverage if you dont look back in time on a pass, you dont touch the guy and do your job perfectly).

Then little things people wouldnt notice like being so close to the other teams sideline(alot of talking smack gets done the whole sideline to 1 just isnt fair ) refs watch us specificly, WR's purposely step on your feet, and when you get beat the whole world can see it because usually its for a touch down.

Rant over.

vCash
    Little biased since I was a corner but it's a horrible feeling grtting burned or biting on a fake run... I was young like 11 but in a leauge were it went from 12-15 n I was pushed up but kept getting bested by an older kid... Best feeling is a pick 6 tho... That's all you baby

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    I think the thing of saying CB is that the rules are stacked against you. So IMO isn't not like a "skill" problem, or even a "learning" issue like QB's. It's a tricks of the trades thing.

So IMO I'm gonna go against the flow and say that the Hardest other than QB is the QB of the defense. ILB has got to be the hardest. Those guys that come in, call the plays, make the adjustments, and play at a high level is so rare. They have to know so much about opponents offenses and make calls on run, pass, play action, etc.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post

Stephon Gilmore was pretty good right out of college.

I'm not going to say a set position, but whoever is running the show on D. Sometimes it is a safety, sometimes a linebacker, etc. There is usually a leader on D who is checking out the plays versus the guys who are just executing out there.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    CB is actually one of the quickest to develop while DT takes the longest.

DT drafted in the top 16 picks since the early 90's have a 47% bust rate.

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    CB is actually one of the quickest to develop while DT takes the longest.

DT drafted in the top 16 picks since the early 90's have a 47% bust rate.
    And 80% of statistics are made up.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    And 80% of statistics are made up.
    thanks for your 100% guesswork

"We have been watching and waiting, but I wouldn't say we intend to continue to do that. I think you watch and wait to try and assess a situation and act accordingly. It might involve more waiting. It might involve moving in one direction or another. We've done plenty of watching and waiting. If we can move in a particular direction, we might do that."

Sandy Alderson: 2011.

vCash
    misread the question lol

vCash
    CB.. For the sole reason of sac-ing up and taking on a 6'5 pulling guard at full speed.

vCash
    cb is probably the hardest.. but far from most important
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast