Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yangervis Solarte

Hey how about this kid?

Let's be real, his production is going to calm down eventually, but what he has done between spring training and so far this season is so impressive.

It sounds like the Yankees scouted him in the VWL this offseason, and saw something they really liked with him. Luis Sojo managed in the same league he played in so there is also a Yankee connection there. People have been routinely badmouthing Yankee scouts recently, but they seem to have made a good find with Solarte.

Most importantly, Sterling has a great name to make his homerun call.

My money is on... "Solarte with the Solar Beam!" Or "he put Solar energy into that one!"

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

vCash
    Greatest. Player. Ever.

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    He's really hammering it too, he's not just getting lucky bloop singles off of the end of the bat. I'm sure he'll slow down at some point since he's never hinted at being this kind of player, but he's hitting well and his defense has seemed pretty solid, especially when you consider the thought of Nunez being on this roster.

vCash
    Yeah, he will slow down and there is a chance that he completely hits a wall. But if he can continue to make good contact, hustles, and plays solid D then he has the makings of a good utility player and there is nothing wrong with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yeah, he will slow down and there is a chance that he completely hits a wall. But if he can continue to make good contact, hustles, and plays solid D then he has the makings of a good utility player and there is nothing wrong with that.
    If he does keep it up, he may even be the guy who gets to claim being Derek Jeter's heir apparent at SS....It would be good for the Yanks to have someone who can fill those shoes next year. We'll just have to wait and see how this season goes for him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    If he does keep it up, he may even be the guy who gets to claim being Derek Jeter's heir apparent at SS....It would be good for the Yanks to have someone who can fill those shoes next year. We'll just have to wait and see how this season goes for him...
    Doubt that. He's more of a 2B/3B kind of guy. Isn't really a short stop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Doubt that. He's more of a 2B/3B kind of guy. Isn't really a short stop.
    neither is jeter defensively lol

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

vCash
    The yankees needed depth and they were pretty much plucking up anything they could get their hands on. I don't think they had any great insignt into Solarte.

Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    He's really hammering it too, he's not just getting lucky bloop singles off of the end of the bat. I'm sure he'll slow down at some point since he's never hinted at being this kind of player, but he's hitting well and his defense has seemed pretty solid, especially when you consider the thought of Nunez being on this roster.
    His minor league numbers were pretty decent for a 2b. He was no David Adams, but who is?
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    His numbers weren't all that good in the minors, especially in the hitter friendly PCL. Was only around 90 wRC+.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    His numbers weren't all that good in the minors, especially in the hitter friendly PCL. Was only around 90 wRC+.
    He didn't walk, but as far as BA went he had some nice seasons here and there.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Hope he stays hot.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    neither is jeter defensively lol

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap:28279544
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It would be pretty poetic.

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Let's not forget David Adams....

vCash
    That said, I'm rooting hard for this kid and hope he stays hot

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast