Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nuggets @ Rockets

I realize this game doesn't matter to many people, and it SHOULD be an easy victory, but it's been a while since we've had a decent game thread in here. I'd like to get some discussion going.

The two guys who impressed me the most in that first half were Isaiah Canaan and Omer Asik. Houston started the first quarter and just looked horrible. But Canaan came up big with back-to-back 3-pointers to get them back into it. He's got 10 points, 1 assist and 1 rebound in only 10 minutes in the half. But Asik has been the real story. Not only is he dominating the glass (17 rebounds), but he's done an admirable job offensively. He even showed a couple of nice post moves in the paint.

The first quarter may have been bad, but they really came on at the end of the half and go into halftime with a 69-52 lead after a monstrous 47-point quarter. Harden and Lin looked a step slow in the first quarter, but both guys played a big role in that gigantic run at the end of the quarter and they're both already in double digits.

Jones has also played really well, but Bullard thinks he may have a back injury. He was getting stretched out earlier and he was really lethargic on a couple of transition dunks he normally would have thrown down with force. If he's hurting, they should really limit his minutes in the second half. They've got a big enough lead, they can afford to rest anyone with nagging ailments.

vCash
    Phew!!!

vCash
    It's 6am and I just watched the game. What a win! But they won't be playing teams that don't have 4 of thier 5 starters here in a few weeks. I'm really hoping Bev and Dwight come back strong and in game shape. Also hope Jones isn't hurt.

vCash
    I don't really see how Dwight and Bev can come back in game shape from ankle and knee injuries. They are gonna need 4-5 games to get in condition.

Also, I think Beverly is the type of player to come back too soon and injure himself. I hope he doesn't for his own sake. He's got to have family and friends out there looking after his career.

vCash
    are we using this one for the game tonight?

vCash
    Harden out with a knee injury. Come on, seriously?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Why am I watching this? I must be a really good fan. McHale should have rested those guys because they are resting on the floor. Nuggets' announcers are the worst I've ever listened to in my life by the way.

vCash
    hmmmmmm the Rockets with just 4 games left when are Howard and Bev gonna play cause im sure they will need to get back in shape cause what would be the point in playing in games that don't matter ...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Why am I watching this? I must be a really good fan. McHale should have rested those guys because they are resting on the floor. Nuggets' announcers are the worst I've ever listened to in my life by the way.
    I was doing the same smh this team is stressful at time they can be really good then just be bad "Defensively" need Howard back atleast

vCash
    It does not appear they took this game seriously and, truth be told, it wasn't a very important game. They should be
    able to get 2 more wins to clinch the 4 seed. More importantly, what is the status on Harden? Any updates? When will
    Howard and Beverly be returning?

vCash
    Harden was just a shin injury. Not trying to sound harsh towards him, but with his constant flopping it's difficult to take any type of injury serious with him.

I would like to see Dwight and Pat play 2-3 games before the playoffs, and I think we found some instant offense off the bench with Troy Daniels.

vCash
    What's really wrong with Howard's ankle?? I don't think we're getting the full story. It doesn't take this long for a twisted ankle to heal at his age. There's got to be tendinitis or a stress fracture or something else going on??

I see a 50/50 chance of a first round exit without him.

As for Beverly, I really hope for his sake that he doesn't rush back and injure himself badly just for a first round matchup. Rest until the second round at least. Come back and play 10-15 minutes tops for the first couple games.

vCash
    Howard had a surgery on his ankle two weeks ago, and I think it didn't heal up as expected because he tried to play right after it. There's no need for him to rush back, we need only two wins (and that's assuming Portland wins their final three including GS and LAC) the rest of the way and Asik has been pretty good.