Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Week 24/25 GT: vs ATL (4/6), @ MIL (4/9), @ MIA (4/11), vs OKC (4/13), @ ORL (4/16)

Indiana Pacers (53-24) Game Thread Discussion For The Week Of 04/06/2014 & 04/13/2014

Sunday, April 6th vs Atlanta Hawks (33-42)
    Time: 6:00 PM EST
    TV: FSI/NBA TV
    Radio: 1070AM, 107.5FM

Wednesday, April 9th @ Milwaukee Bucks (14-63)
    Time: 7:00 PM EST
    TV: FSI

Friday, April 11th @ Miami Heat (52-23)
    Time: 7:30 PM EST
    TV: FSI/NBA TV

Sunday, April 13th vs Oklahoma City Thunder (55-20)
    Time: 1:00 PM EST
    TV: ABC

Wednesday, April 16th @ Orlando Magic (22-55)
    Time: 1:00 PM EST
    TV: FSI

#iubb

vCash
    Went ahead and combined the last two weeks into one....please just give me consistent & improved play so I can have some confidence going into the playoffs.

#iubb

vCash
    what a joke.

Just listened to the press-conference. I think this is the first time we have heard Vogel say that he thinks the players are tired/fatigued, which ultimately may be leading to the poor play. Not sure if that really was the true reason Hibbert was benched in the 1st quarter...the dude looked awful. He had 3 or 4 shots within 5 feet and missed them all...but maybe it is something to consider.

Maybe...like the thread i created at the beginning of the year, we just used up a lot of our energy/hustle early on

#iubb

vCash
    I think Vogel should have been doing things like this 2+ weeks ago to light a fire instead of letting everyone blame everyone else in the media.

I missed most of the first half, but I'm confused why Roy was the only player that was left out the entire 2nd half? Not saying that Roy deserved to come back in, because he was playing terrible but just like every other time I see Roy bashing, I'm wondering why no one else is being held out due to poor play.

For the game:
    PG was 6-17
    GHill was 3-10
    Lance was 1-6

If we can't buy a bucket, why isn't Copeland being brought in? He has a specialty of hitting shots...but we might want to keep him on the bench. Cope was 2-3 with an assist in mop up time....why didn't he get any minutes when this team was looking for points around the time we just looked bad before it became absolutely embarrassing?

Scolia has played well the past couple games....but when he was missing everything, where was Lavoy Allen? Why has he never been added to the rotation in any form? When he has been given time, he has produced....after he went 6-6 and scored 13 points from Ian's injury he went 2 straight games with a DNP Coaches decision. His 10 minutes against ATL was his first double digit minute game since his 6-6 night on 3/14. So a guy has an amazing night and he is rewarded with bench time.

Butler hasn't been consistently in the lineup at all. He goes 14, 2, 4, 0, then they play him 22...the guy hasn't been outstanding, but he has played well. If our guys are fatigued why are we staying with a 3 man guard rotation? Why not add him to the 2/3 rotation with PG, Lance, and Turner?

I just don't understand why Roy is the fall guy for an entire team looking like trash? I'm not defending Roy, as his play was pathetic that game....but I'm just confused as to why Vogel only saw an issue with Roy's play while the TEAM set a record for least points in a half.

vCash
    Terrible situation for the Pacers, yet they are still tied with the Miami Heat. They need a win streak...bad. They're letting it all slip away, home court, a championship, everything. I'm thinking Indy will either cave in or man up on 4/11 (against Miami).

Who the best in the league? You tell me...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFEnNB4aSRs

vCash
    The decision to rest the starters will be interesting to follow along, but I'm supporting it.

#iubb

vCash
    Vogel did something he often hasn't done before against OKC which I thought stood out. He played the hot hand down the stretch, going with Mahimni and Watson over Hibbert in the 4th quarter. I applaud that...he was very stubborn about his lineups/rotations throughout the entire season but yesterday he let Watson go on a tear. And Mahimni continues to play solid.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Vogel did something he often hasn't done before against OKC which I thought stood out. He played the hot hand down the stretch, going with Mahimni and Watson over Hibbert in the 4th quarter. I applaud that...he was very stubborn about his lineups/rotations throughout the entire season but yesterday he let Watson go on a tear. And Mahimni continues to play solid.
    I agree....I hope Vogel has finally learned that sometimes players are just having an off night and just won't be able to shoot themselves out of it, and sometimes they are on and should get more minutes.

I pointed to this in another thread that Vogel needs less minute scripting and more pulse/flow of the game subbing...obviously you don't want someone going the entire game or anything, but if a guy is drilling everything he shoots, give him an extra few minutes or let him miss before pulling him. Just because it is time according to your game plan/script doesn't mean it is the right time to give him a rest.

vCash
    Any word if you'll be sitting your starters against Orlando on Wednesday? If Orlando wins it helps my team's lotto chances.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by b_russ View Post
    Any word if you'll be sitting your starters against Orlando on Wednesday? If Orlando wins it helps my team's lotto chances.
    No clue yet...I'm wondering if they may give the players the choice to play on a pitch count or if they will just sit them.

vCash
    Looks like Lance, PG, and Mr. West are getting the night off. Hibbert and G-Hill to play limited minutes. I'm a fan of the move.

#iubb

vCash
    IMO the best thing for both would be to see a couple shots fall and then get pulled on a good note and have some fun on the bench giving hi fives and joking.

The worst thing that could happen is a few missed shots by either (especially Roy) then they get yanked and sulk the rest of the game about it.

vCash
    Yup, pretty low key game.

Business starts now though...

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    Yup, pretty low key game.

Business starts now though...
    All I have to say is that we have to make it to the ECF for the #1 seed to matter.