Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ryan Kesler: "Hopefully I can retire a Canuck.."

Kesler on future in Van: "I've been a Canuck from Day One. Hopefully I can retire as a Canuck, but your dreams don't always pan out"

Kesler to #TEAM1040 on future in Van: "I love it here. I've already paid for private school. We're planning on coming back next year"
    Via Team1040
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

Ryan Kesler: &amp;amp;quot;Hopefully I can retire a Canuck..&amp;amp;quot;

I like him more as an asset tbh. If he made others around him better I'd want him to stay but he really doesn't. He's spectacular to watch but doesn't connect with linemates well at all. Plus he's an injury risk best moved while he's healthy.
    Last edited by ink; 04-06-2014 at 04:50 PM.

vCash
    Unless I get a mobster return I keep him. Not your centrepiece but he is a perfect second line guy. Put Burrows and Kassian with him and they can get him the puck. It's really tough to say with all the uncertainty but we could simply see the Sedins with Jensen and the previously mentioned second line and an all youngster third line with Horvat and Shinkaruck. Maybe Hansen with them. I'm also worried about the defense. We will see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Unless I get a mobster return I keep him. Not your centrepiece but he is a perfect second line guy. Put Burrows and Kassian with him and they can get him the puck. It's really tough to say with all the uncertainty but we could simply see the Sedins with Jensen and the previously mentioned second line and an all youngster third line with Horvat and Shinkaruck. Maybe Hansen with them. I'm also worried about the defense. We will see.
    I honestly think a lot depends on who the GM is next year.

Gillis doesn't seem to have a vision for the team regardless of what he says. I think that extends to usage of key players. With the Sedins it's a no-brainer. In 99% of cases, you play them together. Otherwise, I see no clarity or planning when it concerns the other three lines, and especially the weak second line.

Another, better GM could help Kesler connect with linemates, hell, he could give him the linemates he's never had. He could also find him a C that could really help Kes on the wing. With a great centreman I bet Kesler wouldn't be as reluctant to play the wing.

Another, better GM could also be entrusted with getting the right players back in a Kesler trade.

Basically, even a dynamic player like Kes has gone stagnant here. Everything is stagnant. We need new ideas, we need new usage, something that will give the guy the help he's needed for years. Or some fresh connections to get impact value back in a big trade, something Gillis has only really done once when he obtained Ehrhoff, and that was a long time ago.

vCash
    Kesler must go. He has too much baggage from the disappointing past. He needs a fresh start back east, and we need the assets he can bring more than we need him. He is a beast, but he is wasted here.

vCash
    He wants to retire a Canuck? BS. I call BS!!!!! His play tonight screamed TRADE ME