20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep DD

10 50.00%
  • Keep Ross

10 50.00%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Discussion: DeRozan vs. Ross

I was having a discussion the other night with my girlfriend on who the Raps should move forward with if they only could pick one of either DeRozan or Ross. After debating, I was curious to see what you guys thought. I know there has been a few minor discussions here and there regarding the topic but I just want to see what the general consensus is.

So the question is... if the Raps had to decide with either keeping DD or Ross moving forward, who would you suggest they keep?

vCash
    If DeRozan can get Masai a "Jrue Holiday-type" return, then I think it would have to be considered. He's coming off an All-Star appearance so his value should be pretty high.

Ross on the other hand I think is worth more to us than he would end up yielding in a trade. The league probably views his value as a 3&D player, which he pretty much is right now. But if he could put on some weight (thinking Igoudala body type), and continues to grow/mature, then I don't want to sell low on him.

I don't move either one just for the sake of moving them though.

vCash
    Hard to say really I love Ross's potential and his 3/D game is solid already but he also disappears some games and I also think Demar is underrated here in T.O. the guy loves the city works his *** off is one of the top players to get to the FT line and Mins. in the league and also improves every year but yet still can't win this forum over. I actually think they complement each other very well and theirs no need to move one or the other.
    Last edited by LanceUpperCut; 04-06-2014 at 11:02 AM.

vCash
    If someone put a gun to my head I would keep Ross instead of Derozan.

Ross has all the tools and is showing in glimpses how effective he can be. Not many players in the league have the skill-set to put up 51pts. He's a natural defender & shooter. When he tightens up his handle he's going to be a terror on both sides of the ball. Ross would be the perfect complimentary SG beside a premier SF (Melo, LBJ, Durant etc.) because of his ability to stretch the floor.

I love Derozan and his work ethic but if I ultimately HAD to choose I would choose Ross.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    I'd want to keep both but one thing that really frustrates me is Derozan's explosiveness, or lack there of rather.

He doesn't attack the rim with force - instead he likes to glide in with soft layups while angling his body for contact. I could forgive his inefficient fg% if the guy was more fearless where he was actually finishing moves with dunks and not layups.

And I'm not going to even get in to his poor ball handling which leads to inevitable turnovers (at least several a game on average) because that's implied.

Just out of curiosity what do people think we could get for him?

vCash
    Terrence Ross would be my player moving forward. Love Derozan but I predict Masai will try to move him leading up to draft day.

vCash
    Ross and it's not even close to me. Demar is nice and all but everything Ross does naturally Demar is just coming into. Plus Defensively Ross is better. He will be the better player between the two. Ross has the ability to drop 20 points in a hurry. When he gets hot look out.

Demar something I think hes scared of contact. A lot of times he drives but does some fancy move to avoid contact and layup. I'm screaming for him to dunk. Also If guys know your going to try and dunk they less likely to contest your dunk attempts or layups.

But all that aside the main reason I'm going with Ross is because his game compliments a lot of different players.

vCash
    Ross! DeRozan is a liability on the defensive end. Ross can do it all -- drive, shoot the 3, play d. He's faster than Demar. Ross is still young so I wouldnt trade Demar yet, I think he needs one or two more years of seasoning before he could carry a team...but like others have said if Demar can get you a good return then why not? He has a team friendly contract, could yield you a pick and a very good player in return.

Or...the Raps can just go out and get another big body that they need when they play teams like the Clippers.

vCash
    Similar to some others, I would pick Ross if I had to pick one, as I think he has a higher ceiling. But I do like DD and really hope we keep both.

vCash
    did we learn nothing from losing tmac ?? what is it with this mentality of picking either or. we have two young wing players who compliment one anothers playing style and play pretty dam well together chemistry wise yet here we are picking between them.

I was devastated when tmac left and carter got "chosen" by our front office. dumbest move in franchise history. Thank god ross isn't buried on the bench and is a starter now. or he would leave too once he becomes a free agent like tmac did. we need to appreciate all of our players. not just the one we select to play hero ball. that was the mistake the franchise made with vince and tmac.

if your asking who has the higher ceiling ill go with ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    I'd want to keep both but one thing that really frustrates me is Derozan's explosiveness, or lack there of rather.

He doesn't attack the rim with force - instead he likes to glide in with soft layups while angling his body for contact. I could forgive his inefficient fg% if the guy was more fearless where he was actually finishing moves with dunks and not layups.

And I'm not going to even get in to his poor ball handling which leads to inevitable turnovers (at least several a game on average) because that's implied.

Just out of curiosity what do people think we could get for him?
    2.2 turnovers a game is quite low actually.

vCash
    Love both, but I'd choose Derozan. I think people forget he's only one year older than Ross.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leach11 View Post
    Love both, but I'd choose Derozan. I think people forget he's only one year older than Ross.
    I think derozans mid range game and ross' inside outside game really compliment each other. lately with the ball in derozans hands more you can tell he really looks for ross on the perimeter.. and ross delivers more often than not.

people don't understand how important this chemistry thing is. Gay and Derozan were suppose to be two border line allstars on the wings for us and that experiment failed misorably...

fast forward to now and compare that tandem to Ross and Derozan and its pretty clear to see that these two guys have good chemistry. Id keep em both. they fit.

vCash
    I like Ross more because hes more explosive, better shooter and defender

vCash
    Probably Ross but he has some of that timidity that DD had when he first came in the league. Would really need him to get rid of that for him to take the next step, like DD did.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast