Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Is the East really THAT bad

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the East is this powerhouse conference, but is it possible we are overrating how bad the conference is. I understand it's not as strong as the west, but It appears a bunch of teams have found their rhythm as of late:

Raptors: 38-20 since the Gay trade
    Nets: 31-13 in the New Year
    Bulls: 32-14 in the New Year
    Wizards: 15-8 over last 23 games

Now we know Indy and Miami are the top teams, but it appears that these 4 teams have found their rhythm as of late at the perfect time. I think the East will be a bit more interesting than everyone thinks.

vCash
    Yep. It is. It's terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash
    There are 5 good teams and the rest are varying degrees of ****.

vCash
    it's terrible in the sense that there's literally no contender besides miami, while in the west, any team from 1-6 could end up making it to the nba finals.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    it is better finishing the season than it was entering the ASG, but it looks like only one team is a threat to win it all from the east now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Everyone knew that the East was going to bounce back. And they did. They arent historically bad, they just arent too good this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets012 View Post
    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the East is this powerhouse conference, but is it possible we are overrating how bad the conference is.
    Not really.

And those 4 teams are 57-62 combined vs. the west.

Bulls look great lately... But even on their recent strong stretch they are 2-4 vs. the west.

Same with the Wizards... their last 23 games had losses to Phoenix, Portland, Denver, Sacramento, Memphis... They beat the Lakers and Utah. 2-5 vs. the West, 13-3 vs. the East. I have a feeling if they were in the west they would be in tank mode the past month instead of trying to improve a playoff seed.

Take Indiana... 17-12 vs. the west. 36-12 vs. the East.

vCash
    If you are looking at pure quality of play, yes it IS that bad.

Here's an exercise... look up each team's record vs the opposing conference. Then go down the list. Now tell me that it isn't that bad...
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    The Wolves and Pelicans would be top 5 teams in the East just on their rosters alome so yeah they are that bad. Brooklyn was on pace to be one of the 5 worst records in the league but thanks to the lack of competition in the east, along with some good coaching, they are back at the #5 seed so yeah it is that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    The Wolves and Pelicans would be top 5 teams in the East just on their rosters alome so yeah they are that bad. Brooklyn was on pace to be one of the 5 worst records in the league but thanks to the lack of competition in the east, along with some good coaching, they are back at the #5 seed so yeah it is that bad.
    if you factor in the Wolves expected W/L record this year, I suspect if you put them in the east, they are the #3 seed.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    if you factor in the Wolves expected W/L record this year, I suspect if you put them in the east, they are the #3 seed.
    Yeah. First sentence I meant to say the East is bad not that the Pels or Wolves are bad just a lot of bad luck.

vCash
    Sometimes I wish the Dubs played in the east, just to dominate it.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    Sometimes I wish the Dubs played in the east, just to dominate it.
    Just imagine that you're a fan of Phoenix, Memphis or Dallas and on track for 48-50 wins and are facing the real possibility of NOT making the play offs while teams like the Knicks and Cavaliers are making a push for the 8th seed.

The West is so tight it really doesn't take much to tumble down the standings and out of the play offs.
    J.R. Smith: "They were pretty much scoring at will. Especially my guy. I don't know what the hell I was doing on defense."

Raymond Felton : "The play was give the ball to Melo."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Wolves... 21-26 in the west... 17-11 vs. the East.

In the east that is a pace for 12.5 wins vs. the west and 28.5 in the east. So they would be a 41 win team... 5th seed with Brooklyn. Of course if Minnesota wasn't playing for a draft pick most of the year and Brooklyn wasn't playing for playoff seeding that could be very different.

Here's another.

New Orleans has won more out of conference games (NO is 19-11 vs. the East) than any team in the East but Miami (20-9 vs. the west).

Utah and the Lakers have won more non-conference games (24) than Chicago and Washington (23).

Sacramento, LA, and Utah are the only teams in the West with a losing record vs. the Eastern conference... The top 12 teams in the west ALL have winning records vs. the East.

As of right now a team missing the playoffs in the west will have a better record than the #3 seed in the east.
    Last edited by slashsnake; 04-05-2014 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    Pacers would be a borderline playoff team in the west, no one besides the heat and them would have a good chance to make the playoffs

yes its that bad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast