Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Warriors fire assistant Darren Erman

OAKLAND For the second time in less than two weeks, the Warriors have dismissed an assistant coach.

Darren Erman, the No. 2 assistant and one of the chief strategists under head coach Mark Jackson, was fired after meeting with key team officials late Friday night.

General manager Bob Myers, visibly shaken, on Saturday morning stressed that Erman's dismissal was for violation of company policy and that any Warriors employee would have been fired if committing such an infraction.

Morever, Myers insisted that Erman's separation was completely exclusive to the March 24 demotion of former assistant Brian Scalabrine. Scalabrine's removal from the staff was the result of a decision made by Jackson.

Erman's dismissal, coming near the end of his third season with the franchise, was made at the ownership/management/legal level.

"This is the type of decision that would be made across the board and irrespective of position within the organization,'' Myers said in a news release statement. "Obviously, the timing is unfortunate but we hold all of our employees, whether in basketball operations or other aspects of the business, accountable for their actions and to the same standard.

"We move forward and thank Darren for his contributions.''

Erman, 37, earned a reputation for devotion to task, spending countless hours in the team facility, working with players, viewing film and studying opponents.
    http://www.csnbayarea.com/warriors/w...t-darren-erman

Any thoughts? All this talk lately about a potential rift between the front office and the coaching staff has me worried about the future. Maybe i'm alone though.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    As I said in the thread in the main, non basketball related, therefore non-story, at least imo.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    This has everything to do with everything. It shows that there's a problem with the coaching. Also that Mark Jackson and Bogut do not get along. I think is a big problem in the locker room that they are covering up. Now that Bogut has a so-called pelvic a bruise Jackson has a reason not to play him.

Unless we make the conference championship I can't see Jackson being here any longer

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    This has everything to do with everything. It shows that there's a problem with the coaching.
    Not at all. It doesn't sound even remotely basketball related. It sounds more legal, like a breach of contract or something criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Bird
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

vCash

Warriors fire assistant Darren Erman

I feel like it's a sexual harassment suit.

vCash
    "Told that if the Warriors didn't fire Erman, and later it came out what he did, it would look really bad on Warriors"

"Darren Erman fired due to violation of company policy unrelated to basketball. Bob Myers said unrelated to Brian Scalabrine."

Tweets from reliable reporters/sources^ Leung and Marcus Thompson

Coach Jackson said Erman "made a mistake" but "he owns it. Hes done a lot for me, hes done a lot for this organization, and Im pulling for him to make a comeback."
    It doesn't matter who scores the points, it's who can get the ball to the scorer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    I sense he was stealing from the players locker room when no one was there and was caught. This is much worst when it involves team trust, the trust of the players that can never be repaired and a violation of team policy.

vCash
    Lies. Apparently he leaked the Scalabrine thing to Woj

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    This article kind of fits everything together

http://thedissnba.com/2014/03/26/goddammit-another-warriors-controversy-explainer/

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    This has everything to do with everything. It shows that there's a problem with the coaching. Also that Mark Jackson and Bogut do not get along. I think is a big problem in the locker room that they are covering up. Now that Bogut has a so-called pelvic a bruise Jackson has a reason not to play him.

Unless we make the conference championship I can't see Jackson being here any longer

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Lies. Apparently he leaked the Scalabrine thing to Woj
    I had a gut feeling it was something along these lines. I didnt know if he was responsible for the story getting out- or if he added some information that the team didnt want out there.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    I sense he was stealing from the players locker room when no one was there and was caught. This is much worst when it involves team trust, the trust of the players that can never be repaired and a violation of team policy.
    seriously- was this a joke?? stealing from players? come on
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    seriously- was this a joke?? stealing from players? come on
    We've no reason to believe that any more than we do to believe he was feeding info to Woj.

You're all speculating based on nothing, one thing we do know, it wasn't related to basketball (which should pretty much rule the Woj conspiracy theory out but whatever)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ESaady View Post
    You might be right.

vCash
    They say it's not basketball related but who really knows. I'm sure somethings up. You don't remove two assistant coaches from the bench in two weeks. Especially this close to the playoffs. Seems pretty clear to me something is going on.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast